• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John Wayne on values

• 6 months later...
  • Members

John Wayne was a bully in his movies. You ever notice how he's always kicking some weakling in the rear end or dragging some woman around to teach her a lesson? Maybe I'm a wimp but he seemed to be a bully to me.

Did you only watch one movie? I've seen most of them over the years, especially in my childhood and youth, and he didn't prortray a bully in his movies. In most of his movies he was an American manly man with a touch of modern feminism softening him.

Have you ever watched Angel and the Badman?

• Members

John Wayne was a bully in his movies. You ever notice how he's always kicking some weakling in the rear end or dragging some woman around to teach her a lesson? Maybe I'm a wimp but he seemed to be a bully to me.

The person he kicked had usually just bullied someone else and he was making things right!

• Members

The person he kicked had usually just bullied someone else and he was making things right!

True, and while not outrightly Christian, many of his movies carried Christian themes within them. That's not to say his movies were Christian or something all Christians should watch, but the influence of Christianity is there.

• Members

Did you only watch one movie? I've seen most of them over the years, especially in my childhood and youth, and he didn't prortray a bully in his movies. In most of his movies he was an American manly man with a touch of modern feminism softening him.

Have you ever watched Angel and the Badman?

Yes, I've seen most of his movies and he was always kicking someone in the butt or punching someone. And look how he dragged around Maureen O'hara in The Quiet Man.

It's interesting how many murderers have had the middle name of "Wayne". Notice the authors 4th disclaimer.

Here's a list:

http://www.newsofthe....com/wayne.html Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

Yes, I've seen most of his movies and he was always kicking someone in the butt or punching someone. And look how he dragged around Maureen O'hara in The Quiet Man.

It's interesting how many murderers have had the middle name of "Wayne". Notice the authors 4th disclaimer.

Here's a list:

http://www.newsofthe....com/wayne.html

I would have to reveiw The Quiet Man to recall that movie, I mostly watched his westerns growing up and his war movies.

Ones middle name has nothing to do with whether or not they are a murderer. Many murderers have had a middle name of Lee also, but then again, countless tens of thousands have had the middle name of Wayne and Lee and never killed anyone.

In any event, I posted the clip, not to discuss movies, but because it's interesting how such values were once openly discussed, unlike today when such a topic might come up actors will often talk about their liberal notions of "social justice" rather than anything of real value.