• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where do we draw the line for IFB?

• Members

I suppose the moderators/administrator could develop a statement of faith that spelled out some of the non-negotiable doctrinal positions of the board leadership much like a church would have. It could be as detailed or as limited as one wished to make it. In order to post members would have to agree not to come here and promote doctrine contrary to that in the board statement of faith. That wouldn't get rid of all the problems, nor would it necessarily exclude non-IFB's from posting, but it might make things a little more orderly and there might be fewer threads with more people are arguing for bad doctrine than against it. :twocents:

• Members

I never will forget finding this board. I was fresh off having stopped posting on a Baptist board that had been invaded by 3 Catholics. They proceeded to tell us Baptist that we were 100% wrong. I had put up with them for over a years, finally getting tired of it, & stopped posting.

One thing for sure, no matter what one does, that certain type of people will come along & try to break up any unity, pushing the doctrine that Pastorj spoke of in his last post. It will be a never ending battle, the old Devil will see to it that those types keep on coming.

Once years ago I came across a church group that lives a few miles from me, I asked to join that group. they told me that this group was only for church members of their church. At the time is aggravate me, yet after I thought it out I understood where they were coming from. Keeping it limited to only their church members, people thye know. keeps out the element that Pastoj speaks of.

I disagree with some issues that Bro. Matt, Pastorj, HappyChristian, maybe another one or 2 stands for, they disagree with some that I stand for. Yet neither do they or I look for any & every opportunity to push these things. And it seems to me when it does come up we state our beliefs, them leave it there. Sad thing is some refuse to do that, they seem bent on making opportunities to bring certain issues up.

• Administrators

As I look at the forum, I would expand it to the General Forums and limit all biblical issues to the other forums that they do not have comment capability.

That's kind of what was going through my mind this weekend. There are a few forums that need to be available to any member (support, game, etc).

• Members

I think non-IFB should be allowed to view just about everything though that way maybe they can get some knowledge on where they are wrong.

I was basically forced into an IFB church because I didn't even know what to look for in a church. I didn't know even what to ask, thankfully God sent someone to invite me to an IFB church. If someone gets saved they might not know what to do next, I think having other areas of the site open for them to help them (specifically new Christians) would be very helpful and a blessing to them.

Good points. I was saved for several years before God sent a solid Christian friend into my life and he took me to his Baptist church and introduced me to his very good pastor. That's when I finally got the solid preaching and teaching (the pastor had a GREAT men's Bible study) I needed...also the same time the Lord led me to use the KJB full time.

• Members

I think non-IFB should be allowed to view just about everything though that way maybe they can get some knowledge on where they are wrong.

I was basically forced into an IFB church because I didn't even know what to look for in a church. I didn't know even what to ask, thankfully God sent someone to invite me to an IFB church. If someone gets saved they might not know what to do next, I think having other areas of the site open for them to help them (specifically new Christians) would be very helpful and a blessing to them.

I disagree 100%.

• Members

Thank you everyone for the ideas. I will be making some changes as times allows. Of course if anyone wants to volunteer (Write up a statement of faith) I would not object. :icon_smile:

Something roughly like this?

Doctrine of God:

We believe in only one holy, righteous, just, perfect, merciful, gracious, long suffering, omnipotent, omniscient, God who is abundant in mercy and truth and composed of a Godhead of three distinct eternal persons. The Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe each of these persons is fully equal and fully God and yet fulfill different roles. We believe the Father is the supreme ruler of all things. We believe all things of the Father are Jesus Christ the Sons and that the Father has committed all judgement into his hands. We believe that the work of the Son is to glorify the Father and the Father glorifies the Son. We believe the work of the Holy Spirit is to guide believers into all truth and reveal the truth contained in the scriptures to their hearts. His work also includes convicting the world of sin, righteousness, and judgement. We believe that while God can always do as he wishes certain "sign gifts" of the Holy Spirit(tongues, miracles, the gift of healing etc.) are not active at this point in time and those who teach otherwise have repeatedly been tried and found liars.

Concerning the Scriptures:

We believe that every word of the scriptures was given by inspiration of God and that every word of of the scriptures has been preserved by his divine power from the tainting of man thus retaining their inspired character in its entirety.
We therefore hold the scriptures to be the foremost authority for faith and practice and reject every doctrine or teaching contrary to the teachings of the 66 books of scripture as not of God and false. We believe that the revelation of scripture was completed with the book of Revelation. Online baptist holds that the King James Bible is Gods inspired, preserved word for the English speaking peoples and does not permit using other versions on the forum. We reject the teaching of the double inspiration of the KJV and hold that the KJV retains the original divine inspiration of the scriptures through faithful translation and Gods divine preservation rather than being re-inspired in the English language in 1611.

Doctrine of Salvation:

We believe all men are born sinners and deserving of hell. We believe God sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ into the world to make a substitutionary sacrifice by his death that was sufficient to atone for the sin of the whole world. We believe man was dead in sin and unable to come to God yet the true light, Jesus Christ , "lighteth every man that cometh into the world" and through that universal grace of light every man is freely afforded the opportunity to repent and come to the light. We reject the doctrine that God has chosen some to go to heaven and has not chosen others. Rather we believe that God, who is rich in mercy, has chosen all mankind for salvation but unfortunately some will go to hell because they, by hardness of heart and self will, chose to frustrate the grace of God by rejecting his free gift and trampling under foot the precious blood of Christ. We believe in order to truly pass from death to life a person must repent of their sins and call upon God to receive salvation and remission of sins by grace through faith in Gods promise and Christ's blood. We believe good works do not and can never have any part in salvation, truly all our righteousness is as filthy rags, however if a person is truly saved good works will follow because their heart has been changed by the operation of God.

Christian living:

We believe God has called believers to be holy because he is holy. We believe God progressively conforms believers into the image of Christ as they submit to his revealed will. Stubborn resistance and failure to submit to Gods revealed will prevents spiritual growth indefinitely and may bring Gods chastening. Christians have a responsibility to warn, comfort, rebuke, and edify one another in a spirit of meekness and kindness with the good of each other at heart. God is not pleased when Christians forget this and debate in foolish anger or for strife, pride, or vainglory. Christians also have a duty not to take offense easily. "1st Peter 2:19-23 "For this is thank worthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently,this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example,that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:"

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen

Feel free to edit or ignore that as you see fit but something like that is probably not a bad starting point should you end up deciding to include some type of statement of faith about non-negotiables. Detailed enough to stop arguments about some of the most serious irreconcilable problems that tend to come up on the board but not so detailed that it requires everyone to have cookie cutter beliefs exactly like everyone else.