• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do we "try the spirits"?

• Members

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet

What would happen to the prophet? The same thing as would happen to the 'layman'
V8And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

V5That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.

Deceive
Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English deceiven < Old French deceivre < Latin dēcipere, literally, to ensnare, equivalent to dē- de- + -cipere, combining form of capere to take

But what did God REALLY want? And what was the remedy: the message of TRUTH that HE really wanted them to know?
V6Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.

Here's something similar in the New Testament..........

2 Thessalonians 2: 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

These men were so full of themselves, they had so many of the idols of this world, that the more idols they had, the more deceived they became. They were already deceived by their idols and their own iniquity.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Members

If you are waiting to see if I teach you how to try the spirits.

You wait in vain.

Do you think you will make it through

what is now upon the Earth?

1 John 2:26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

• Members

Your stubbornness has robbed you of a lot of good things in life.

Are you aware of this?

2 Timothy 2:14
Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

SB - I don't know why you waste our time.

• Members

If you are waiting to see if I teach you how to try the spirits.

You wait in vain.

Do you think you will make it through

what is now upon the Earth?

I am not waiting on you doing anything. As I have already stated, I find that you simply like to "hear yourself talk." You think that you know something which you likely know little of and you wish to argue about it.

I have neither the time nor the interrest in going back and forth with someone who really isn't saying anything anyway. With that in mind, I see no further need of conversing with you.

• Members

I am not waiting on you doing anything. As I have already stated, I find that you simply like to "hear yourself talk." You think that you know something which you likely know little of and you wish to argue about it.

I have neither the time nor the interrest in going back and forth with someone who really isn't saying anything anyway. With that in mind, I see no further need of conversing with you.

Just who do you think you are addressing?

• Members

2 Timothy 2:14
Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

SB - I don't know why you waste our time.

You do not even know those who's words you so easily quote.

Why I do what I do

you cannot understand. Edited by SBilliter

• Moderators
Are you aware of the great wrath that you all are going to be going through?

:umno:
"But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thess. 5:8-11

Nope, not going through God's wrath, thank you very much. "I praise God through Jesus Christ my Lord"!

I would save all that verse quoting for those times.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew. 4:4

The Children of God are coming to earth soon.

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26

I would think that some of us, at least, are already here... who are you?