• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jack Hyles

dantheman2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It will depend on who answers as to what kind of response you will get on this board. There are people who love him and consider him a great Godly man. There are others who consider him a heretic. The truth is probably somewhere between.

• Members

"Like" him is a matter of personality, thee is no doubt that he has made his mark as a preacher. Dr. Hyles has written many books, and has preached for 40 years, much has been accomplished in that time. He put soul winning above all else, and has won a lot o souls to Christ.

• Members

It will depend on who answers as to what kind of response you will get on this board. There are people who love him and consider him a great Godly man. There are others who consider him a heretic. The truth is probably somewhere between.

That is interresting. I will have to do more research to see where he stands on various issues.

• Members

Calvary,

I know people who would disagree with you. I personally don't know, but the man is responsible for thousands going to hell because of his false teaching on salvation.

Just where does he teach false salvation? Even if one goes about it wrong, they can still teach salvation
Case in point: Billy Graham.

• Members

Calvary,

I know people who would disagree with you. I personally don't know, but the man is responsible for thousands going to hell because of his false teaching on salvation.

I can't speak for the heart of others. But I listened to Jack Hyles' testimony and he claimed the blood of Jesus Christ washed away his sins and that by faith in that finished work on Calvary he was going to heaven. Now... if that isn't salvation, I don't know what is.

PastorJ, you don't know of any one in hell because of Jack Hyles. That is an unprovable statement.

• Members

Just where does he teach false salvation? Even if one goes about it wrong, they can still teach salvation
Case in point: Billy Graham.

Billy Graham teaches correctly on salvation but goes about it wrong? (I am not saying that I agree/disagree with either of your points just trying to understand what you are saying) Please, explain?

• Members

Calvary,

I have personally seen followers of Jack Hyles "Lead" people to Christ. Those people may have prayed a prayer, but they are just as lost as they were before they prayed.

Jack Hyles taught a salvation without repentance. His books are full of doctrinal errors. Whether he was saved or not will only be known when we get to Heaven. I tend to believe that he was probably saved, just messed up doctrinally.

Archived