• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Electric Plastic blue eyed manger scenes

• Members

How many folks are there who in a few weeks will put the Electric lighted plastic blue eyed manger scene back in the basement beside the Santa Clause from off the roof, and it'll be stored back in there beside the Halloween witch and scarecrow, beside the blow up Easter bunny and baskets and think no more of God until next year?

I wish I had a 10ft tall Plastic Throne with Jesus on it.....or a 10ft tall Plastic White throne judgment scene......or maybe a big plastic man bowing in tears over a King James Bible open to Rom 10!!!

Don't you wish the Lamb would come today?!!!

• Administrators

You know what we would like to put out for the season?

We'd like to get a manger that's big enough to be identified for what it is from the road. And we'd like to get a Santa and postion him on his knees at the manger...with a cross in the shadows. This would all be lighted up so people could see it. Doesn't that sound like a good message? :Green

• Members
You know what we would like to put out for the season?

We'd like to get a manger that's big enough to be identified for what it is from the road. And we'd like to get a Santa and postion him on his knees at the manger...with a cross in the shadows. This would all be lighted up so people could see it. Doesn't that sound like a good message? :Green

I like that.....!!! A Santa Clause slinging the red coat an hat and bag of toys away as he falls wailing to his knees in prayer and a recording playing the phrase "What must I do to be saved....." and then we could have the raindeer (spelling?) saying "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved...."!!!!

Yes!!! Thats great!!!

• Members

I like that.....!!! A Santa Clause slinging the red coat an hat and bag of toys away as he falls wailing to his knees in prayer and a recording playing the phrase "What must I do to be saved....." and then we could have the raindeer (spelling?) saying "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved...."!!!!

Yes!!! Thats great!!!

:goodpost:

The blown up snowmen can sing for the choir singing "Just as I am..."

How about the flashing light show that dances to hymns while we are at it?

That would look great for youtube afficianadoes!

• Administrators
Any lawn ornaments here get vandalized!

:Green The only time we put anything out on our lawn is during the political season...and our signs always end up messed with. I'm sure if we put anything else out, it would be too.

If we were ever able to do the manger/Santa/cross scene, we'd probably chain things down.

• Members

Here in Tennessee in these rural hills where I am....if you pull up near someone's house intending foolishness, you'd better be armed, a good shot and have someone on standby ready to drag you back to your truck and drive ya to the nearest hospital cause most folk here own, keep, bear and love their guns....lots of'em and they'll shoot you where you stand with not much regret if they perceive you intend harm of property or them.

I guess I am spoiled.....nothing gets stolen or messed with around where I live....most folk still leave the doors unlocked here.

• Members

One house near here has only one outdoor decoration. It's clear Christmas lights forming the name JESUS framed in clear Christmas lights. Very simple yet so profound.

In this area one really doesn't have to worry about stuff being bothered in their yards. Across the street from us some folks moved away very suddenly a little over a year ago. They left a good push mower, a couple of good bicycles and other things in their front yard. They are all still there; never been touched.

• Members

I suppose we'd better put up all the Christmas decorations we can.....I don't believe they'll be legal many more years....too offensive to whacko muslims and that hellish thing called Islam to whom the cross is such an offense. Already we're seeing it's influence....it has France and England on its religious knees....and we'll be getting us a dose of it from our new :gross: president.

• Administrators

There is a house on the road to our nursing home that has two signs in the yard and both signs say "Jesus is the reason for the season." 'Course, we know the actual history of it, but I think it's neat - that's their only decoration, but quite a declaration for all that.

• Members

Wow, keys in the car????? My sisters car was stolen last winter as she let the car warm up last winter. I'm with you Suzy, chain things down it you are going to put things on the lawn. I've used my pic. window in the living room to write Christmas Bible verses.

• Members
Wow' date=' keys in the car????? My sisters car was stolen last winter as she let the car warm up last winter. I'm with you Suzy, chain things down it you are going to put things on the lawn. I've used my pic. window in the living room to write Christmas Bible verses.[/quote']

It's funny, my wife grew up in a very large city. I grew up in a small town. When I go to the small towns we live close to, I usualy leave the key in my pickup. When she goes to the same places, she not only takes her keys, she also locks the door. :lol: Of course nobody in their right mind would want to steal my old beat up pickup. And if they did, they might have a hard time keeping it running!!! :Bleh

• Members

Nothing like the peace and security of small towns.

I remember many years ago a guy from Chicago was here visiting someone and he couldn't believe all the homes with doors and windows open with no bars, soda machines sitting on the sidewalk on main street, kids leaving their bikes all over the place, etc.

He said if they tried that in Chicago the soda machines wouldn't be there in the morning, the bikes would all be gone and the houses would be emptied.

And some folks wonder why I would be right pleased if I never set foot in another city again.

• Members

Everything around here use to be safe, but that is no longer true. If its not locked or tied down it will be stolen.

When we had the ice storm in 2000, I believe that was the year. A fellow that live not far from me had a generator setting outside of his house by his electric meter, had it running and hooked up for the electricity was off.

Next morning when he woke he said, thanks be that I've got that generator running and its keeping refrigerator going. After getting out of bed he hit a light switch and nothing happened, tried another one still no light. He was hearing his generator running, so he knew he should have lights. He steps out on his front porch and peeks around the corner of his house, generator is gone, but his riding mower is setting there running at about half throttle.

What they did was crank up his riding mower, killed the motor on his generator, took it lose and left with it. Thieves can be rather sneaky.

Sometime earlier this year a man had just sold his chickens, the day they sold chickens he and his wife left on a 3 day trip I believe it was. When he got back home one chicken house had been stripped of every electric wire in it. I forget how many thousands of dollars it took to repair it.

Thefts is at a all time high, I fear they will be even more of it with the economy like it is. Plus dope heads, many of them will steal anything to get money to buy their dope.