• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Besides your Salvation name something you are thankful for today..

Pastor Matt

• Members

:amen: I saw this as my Mom was diagnosed with cancer and expected to live 5 years or less. It was about 15 years later, and countless blessings of God during those years, before Mom finally passed away.

My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer she lived with cancer for 18 months and just hours before her death the Lord's mercy allowed eternal life... I am thankful today as I remember even when the diagnosis is not good God is.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am thankful for my wife. She set me on the straight and narrow path nearly 8 years ago and I ain't ever looked back.

Funny thing is after this happened, I was listening to an old song of my Dad's and the chorus caught my ear like a fish biting on a hook.

"And I've heard tales, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions." - Randy Travis

How true those words are in todays society.

Bro. Will

1 John 5:7

• Members

I am thankful for God's wonderful grace. He brought into my life the most wonderful lady in the world who saw fit to do me the favor of marrying me. He gave us fifty wonderful years and six months in each others arms, in the good times and in the bad. Now He has taken her ahead so she will be waiting at the door of our new mansion when I get there - never to part again. To God be the glory for great things He hath done!
God bless, :godisgood:
Larry

• Members

I'm thankful that by God's grace He shows in Romans 14 and elsewhere that life has many complex issues, which need constant discernment and moderation to deal with, rather than single issue campaign styles.

Blessings.

• Members

I am thankful for your father's faithful testimony and the impact he has had in my young and aging Christian life...remember coming over to my house after your dad preached at our church? That was such along time ago Matt...

You guys know each other?

Yes, it's good to be thankful for encouraging, Christian fellowship.

• Members

You guys know each other?

Yes, it's good to be thankful for encouraging, Christian fellowship.

A long time ago His dad came to our church, His family came and shared a meal...Matt was such a little boy then...1984/85 maybe...I forget but I know it was before my husband came to Christ which was in 1986...

Matt do you remember? We had lunch outside at the picnic table...

What I remember about your parents was even though my house was in dire repair; they acted like they were invited into a mansion...

To say I "know" Matt would not be acurate as I only knew the impact his parents had on my life the few times they came and ministered at FBT...

His Evangelist Dad will always have an honoured place in my heart to the Glory of God...

Matt, if you are following in your father's footsteps it will be to the benefit of those who you come in contact with...the Spirit of God that is displayed in your parents lives is to the praise of our God who placed Him within them...

I am thankful :)

• Administrators

A long time ago His dad came to our church, His family came and shared a meal...Matt was such a little boy then...1984/85 maybe...I forget but I know it was before my husband came to Christ which was in 1986...

Matt do you remember? We had lunch outside at the picnic table...

What I remember about your parents was even though my house was in dire repair; they acted like they were invited into a mansion...

To say I "know" Matt would not be acurate as I only knew the impact his parents had on my life the few times they came and ministered at FBT...

His Evangelist Dad will always have an honoured place in my heart to the Glory of God...

Matt, if you are following in your father's footsteps it will be to the benefit of those who you come in contact with...the Spirit of God that is displayed in your parents lives is to the praise of our God who placed Him within them...

I am thankful :)

I wish I can say that I do remember. I've been to so many houses growing up, that they all seem to blend in together. I do however remember you from back then.
As I now travel, it is a blessing to hear the testimonies of my dad from members of the different churches.

Archived