• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Worldly Music in Church Weddings

brosmith

• Members

I know this is a old thread but what is wrong with Kenny G's music other then he is not saved? Its not like he was doing a punk rocking music with Satanic words in them , I have feeling the couple used forever in love am'i correct? What is wrong with a song about Love? There is no words in the music there are just some simple words and they are not wicked then rock music.
I had Shania Twains From this Moment on at our wedding ,it was too my husband because I loved him from this moment on ETC. He had Kenny Rogers Vows Go unbroken, these were oked by our pastor at the time and elders of the church.
I went to a Baptist wedding in 07 and they had racal flatts song God Blessed the broken road song and something else, it was a modest wedding and very Christian.
Its a Pastor's choice and what he allows in the church, so if the Pastor of that church allowed such music then it was the couples love songs to each other.
My husband sang to me at our wedding reception he saved it until the reception hall and dancing when we got married. However, all I am saying you don't know the couples heart that picked those songs.

You are correct that what music is, or isn't, played in a wedding ceremony in a church is up to the pastor. If a couple request certain music the pastor has the right, and authority, to accept or reject that music for a wedding ceremony held in that church.

That said, it doesn't mean the pastor will always make the right call. Just because one pastor accepts or rejects a certain song doesn't automatically mean that song is right or wrong. Another pastor may very well decide differently.

Part of the point for some is, why are Christians listening to certain, so much (or in some cases) any non-Christian music. This also raises the question as to whether a song can be okay even if it's not a Christian song but doesn't espouse evil or worldliness.

I know nothing of Kenny G. I know a little about Shania Twain. She has a few nice songs but most of her songs are worldly and she tends to dress very immodest. Kenny Rogers has some nice songs, but again, he also sings many worldly songs. I know Rascal Flats is supposed to be a country group but they seem more rock to me. (Most of my family listens to country music)

In the end, we all must stand before God in defense of our choices, including those of our wedding music. Pastors must also stand before God on this account as well with regards to what they do and don't allow in the church they pastor.

Our decisions in such matters as wedding music in a church should be made with much prayer and consideration for our Christian testimony rather than based upon our emotions or preferences.

• Members

So sad, to many Christians lets secular songs touch their emotions.

I attended a funeral at a Baptist Church sometime back, the wife was grounded in church & the funeral was for her husband. The 2 country western songs sang blew all true testimony.

Of course they were heavily loved by her husbands worldly friends touching their emotions in such a time their friend murdered him self.

To many follow their emotions, & not God’s Word, & its not about our emotions, its about God’s truth, God's Word.