• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Human Hybrids Grown in UK Labs

• Members

150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three years

By Daniel Martin and Simon Caldwell
Last updated at 12:42 AM on 23rd July 2011

Scientists have created more than 150 human-animal hybrid embryos in British laboratories.
The hybrids have been produced secretively over the past three years by researchers looking into possible cures for a wide range of diseases.
The revelation comes just a day after a committee of scientists warned of a nightmare ‘Planet of the Apes’ scenario in which work on human-animal creations goes too far.

article-2017818-026FE9AB000004B0-110_468
Undercover: Scientists have been growing human animal hybrids in secret for the last three years (Posed by models)
Last night a campaigner against the excesses of medical research said he was disgusted that scientists were ‘dabbling in the grotesque’.
Figures seen by the Daily Mail show that 155 ‘admixed’ embryos, containing both human and animal genetic material, have been created since the introduction of the 2008 Human Fertilisation Embryology Act.
This legalised the creation of a variety of hybrids, including an animal egg fertilised by a human sperm; ‘cybrids’, in which a human nucleus is implanted into an animal cell; and ‘chimeras’, in which human cells are mixed with animal embryos.
Scientists say the techniques can be used to develop embryonic stem cells which can be used to treat a range of incurable illnesses.

Three labs in the UK – at King’s College London, Newcastle University and Warwick University – were granted licences to carry out the research after the Act came into force.
All have now stopped creating hybrid embryos due to a lack of funding, but scientists believe that there will be more such work in the future.
The figure was revealed to crossbench peer Lord Alton following a Parliamentary question.

article-2017818-0D1F06B200000578-115_468
Research centre: Warwick University has been growing animal human hybrids over the last three years
Last night he said: ‘I argued in Parliament against the creation of human- animal hybrids as a matter of principle. None of the scientists who appeared before us could give us any justification in terms of treatment.
‘Ethically it can never be justifiable – it discredits us as a country. It is dabbling in the grotesque.
‘At every stage the justification from scientists has been: if only you allow us to do this, we will find cures for every illness known to mankind. This is emotional blackmail.
‘Of the 80 treatments and cures which have come about from stem cells, all have come from adult stem cells – not embryonic ones.
‘On moral and ethical grounds this fails; and on scientific and medical ones too.’
Josephine Quintavalle, of pro-life group Comment on Reproductive Ethics, said: ‘I am aghast that this is going on and we didn’t know anything about it.
‘Why have they kept this a secret? If they are proud of what they are doing, why do we need to ask Parliamentary questions for this to come to light?
‘The problem with many scientists is that they want to do things because they want to experiment. That is not a good enough rationale.’

article-2017818-0D1F139200000578-250_233
Test centre: Newcastle University was another site where human animal hybrid testing was being undertaken
Earlier this week, a group of leading scientists warned about ‘Planet of the Apes’ experiments. They called for new rules to prevent lab animals being given human attributes, for example by injecting human stem cells into the brains of primates.
But the lead author of their report, Professor Robin Lovell-Badge, from the Medical Research Council’ s National Institute for Medical Research, said the scientists were not concerned about human-animal hybrid embryos because by law these have to be destroyed within 14 days.
He said: ‘The reason for doing these experiments is to understand more about early human development and come up with ways of curing serious diseases, and as a scientist I feel there is a moral imperative to pursue this research.
‘As long as we have sufficient controls – as we do in this country – we should be proud of the research.’
However, he called for stricter controls on another type of embryo research, in which animal embryos are implanted with a small amount of human genetic material.
Human-animal hybrids are also created in other countries, many of which have little or no regulation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1SzZG2VSk

• Members

There was a report on the news a year or so ago about how many scientists wanted to experiement with human/animal hybrids but that it was currently illegal (I believe they were saying it was illegal in America).

There was some exceptions. I recall they showed a mouse with a human ear. The scientists were talking about how they can inject human DNA into animals and grow ready-to-wear body parts.

• Members

There was a report on the news a year or so ago about how many scientists wanted to experiement with human/animal hybrids but that it was currently illegal (I believe they were saying it was illegal in America).

There was some exceptions. I recall they showed a mouse with a human ear. The scientists were talking about how they can inject human DNA into animals and grow ready-to-wear body parts.

Yes, and if a human needs a ear, they would sell it if they had enough money, wonder, did the rat grow a right or left ear?

• Members

I have heard that they have already been successful in growing body parts. Organs at least. They figured they could get a persons DNA and grow them a kidney there would be no anti rejection drugs. It would be pretty neat. But I wonder how far God will allow man to go. Man did try and build a tower of Bapel once and God stopped them. The cloning of humans and this type of thing seem to be right up there. God bless. :)

• Members

I believe many of the rich and famous would willingly have a baby grown in a lab in order to harvest organs in order to extend their life. In other words, sacrifice that baby so they can live on.

How far God will let them go. I don't know, yet just observing it seems there is no restraint on the evil that man will do. It seems the only thing that will turn man, restrain him from evil, is if that man will let Jesus change his heart.

I feel sure if many of our bothers and sisters in Christ that died 50 or even just 20 years ago were to come back today that they would be totally shocked at the evil that is being lived day to day and would not have thought God would have let it go this far.

• Members

There is already much buying and selling of body parts around the world and cases of doctors declaring people dead earlier than they should (and even at times when they may have pulled through) in order to harvest their body parts.

It's a short step from all this to having such grown and sold.

• Members

They can already put in new teeth on a stud that is implanted in the bone.

Dentures are't bad, I've had them since 1966, got new ones in 2002.

They can be annoying for other people if they keep fiddling with them as I know a couple of people do.