• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How strongly would you try to dissuade a 17-year old from getting an eyebrow barbell?

• Members

Would it really matter if there was a "Thou shalt not ....................................... on this subject?" Of course not, many there be that love the world, and its way, and they will adopt them, them try to get other Christians to do the same while they quote Scriptures out of context to justify their self, just as the scribes, Pharisees & hypocrites did in the days of Jesus. This topic even reminds me of the scribes, Pharisees, & hypocrites that argued with and tried to trip us Jesus.

And this would not even be a topic if it were not for worldly people that follow their precarious ways, that which seems right in their eyes, while born again Christians try to justify following them and their precarious ways.

Oh how hard it is for many to overcome the world, truly letting go of it, denying their self so that they can truly follow Jesus closely.

Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

By the way, Jesus is the exampel for us to follow, He had no ear rings, nose rings, tattoos, not even a pillow. Remember, the Scriptures are clear.

Mt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

You nor I can follow Him unless we deny our self, that is not be conformed to the world, but be transformed, and His way will not be grievous to His brothers, and sisters.

• Members

Would it really matter if there was a "Thou shalt not ....................................... on this subject?" Of course not, many there be that love the world, and its way, and they will adopt them, them try to get other Christians to do the same while they quote Scriptures out of context to justify their self, just as the scribes, Pharisees & hypocrites did in the days of Jesus. This topic even reminds me of the scribes, Pharisees, & hypocrites that argued with and tried to trip us Jesus.

And this would not even be a topic if it were not for worldly people that follow their precarious ways, that which seems right in their eyes, while born again Christians try to justify following them and their precarious ways.

Oh how hard it is for many to overcome the world, truly letting go of it, denying their self so that they can truly follow Jesus closely.

Ro 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

By the way, Jesus is the exampel for us to follow, He had no ear rings, nose rings, tattoos, not even a pillow. Remember, the Scriptures are clear.

Mt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

You nor I can follow Him unless we deny our self, that is not be conformed to the world, but be transformed, and His way will not be grievous to His brothers, and sisters.

Amen!!! Preach it brother! :goodpost: