• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does Jesus Love All the Little Children.....

13 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jesus Love All Children?

• Members

all the little children of the world? In the light of the Casey Anthony trial and now the brutal slaying of the little Jewish boy in New York City I ask this. I would really like everyone's opinion on this because I often struggle with this. Does God only love the children of the godly as Hosea 4:6 suggests.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

Jesus desires that all children come to Him.

We live in a fallen world, filled with lost sinners bent to do wickedness. Children suffer from this reality just as adults do. This doesn't reflect upon God's love for children or adults.

As horrible as it is to us, if you believe that when a child dies they go to heaven, then both of these children are now with Jesus and infinetly better off now than if they were living here on earth.

Death isn't the end and death isn't always a "bad" thing, even when it's a horrific death. My heart sinks, I cringe and hurt and am deeply saddened when such crimes against children occur. What brings me a measure of comfort is that I know God is in control and I believe these children are with Jesus now where they will know pain no more, they will be filled with and surrounded by love and peace.

Unfortunately, what we see going on today in cases like these isn't anything new. We even read in the Bible of Herod having all the children age 2 and younger murdered; of the Jews killing every man, woman and child of certain tribes, of people tossing their children into the fire for a false god.

In our limited capacity we can only see the horror and tragedy in these terrible crimes to these young children, but God sees and knows the beginning from the end and in allowing this there has to be good reason; perhaps the assurance of two young souls spending eternity with Jesus.

• Members

God's protection only goes so far because He will not micromanage the lives of the wicked. We still have a free will. For God to protect everyone, He would have to deny the free will of other people by forcing them not to do wicked things.

I do think the children of the saved have a greater protection than those of the lost....however God also has a foreknowledge and I have heard of stories of God protecting the child of a lost person only to greatly use them in the future.

Really only God knows...we will never understand. I could sit here and rattle off tons of stories of "I don't understand why God allowed this" but...his thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are His ways my ways.

John I have heard an interesting theory before, that children who are aborted/killed and sent to Heaven will still have to choose Christ during the millenium because they were still born of sin. Its an interesting theory, although without proof.

• Members

John I have heard an interesting theory before, that children who are aborted/killed and sent to Heaven will still have to choose Christ during the millenium because they were still born of sin. Its an interesting theory, although without proof.

I've heard some preach this too. Since Scripture is rather silent in this area there are many ideas out there. Some say all the children will be automatically matured upon entering heaven. Some say they will remain children forever. Some say, in one way or another, they will be returned to earth during the millenium to mature and accept or reject Christ.

Whatever the case may be, I trust God with the outcome.

• Administrators

John 3:16 tells us that God so loved the world...there are many who believe that is speaking only of a certain elect, but it isn't, it is speaking of all mankind. Yes, God hates wickedness and He has created Hell as the final punishment for that. But I think we go astray in our thoughts if we try to say that God doesn't love a certain group or individual because something bad happens. As John said, we live in a fallen world. And many times, the righteous and the innocent suffer at the hands of the wicked.

Bad things happen to good people. I have a friend who is a Christian [well, actually, I have more than one...=)]. Her two daughters are as well. Several years ago, when the girls were younger (not little, but not adults), they were taken by a man. And tied up. And sodomized at knife point (why he had the knife while they were tied up is beyond me). After he got caught, it was discovered that he had AIDS. And so the girls were given a life sentence, basically. AIDS can lie dormant in a body for literally years....

They are Christians. They were then, also. But they, as we, live in a fallen world, surrounded by sinners who hate God and will go their own way, no matter how perverted. And try as parents might, not all children will be protected from any bad thing happening to them while they grow up.

We have a wonderful, loving God, who, although He doesn't always stop bad things from happening, will help us get through those bad things.

Does He love all the children of the world? "For God so loved the world..." That includes the children. Perhaps that is why Jesus said that those who harm children, it would be better if that someone had a millstone put around his neck and he be dropped in the sea......

• Administrators

HC that is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. The two girls were my students the year they were in our school in OH. My reaction would be to go out and hunt the guy down....when the mom told me about it, she had found comfort in the Lord (although she wanted to hunt the guy down, too), and was really working with the girls.

I don't want to scare anyone, especially those with small children. Bad things do happen to good people. But God is a loving God, and He will undergird when we turn to Him. He loves us...and all the children of the world.

• Members

I think that's one of the hardest things for me...people say..."God will protect you." Really? Will he? I don't know about that.... only if He so chooses, for whatever purpose. I think I've struggled with it since my mom died...she was as godly a person you'd ever meet...yet God didn't "protect" her....really there's no New Testament promise of protection for the believer, although it sounds nice to say, I guess.

• Administrators

I think that's one of the hardest things for me...people say..."God will protect you." Really? Will he? I don't know about that.... only if He so chooses, for whatever purpose. I think I've struggled with it since my mom died...she was as godly a person you'd ever meet...yet God didn't "protect" her....really there's no New Testament promise of protection for the believer, although it sounds nice to say, I guess.

I do believe there is protection. I believe that there have been instances of God sending special protection for missionaries, etc. But I don't think we can just claim that nothing bad will ever happen because we are Christians. All we have to do is look at the persecution that Christians have endured since the time of Christ.

Wasn't your mom sick?

• Members

I do believe there is protection. I believe that there have been instances of God sending special protection for missionaries, etc. But I don't think we can just claim that nothing bad will ever happen because we are Christians. All we have to do is look at the persecution that Christians have endured since the time of Christ.

Wasn't your mom sick?

No, she died in a car accident...she was on life support for two weeks before she actually died. There's something else just a little strange involved with it but I won't post it publicly...

• Members

For a Believer, death, no matter how it comes, is promotion to heaven.

I know the Lord has protected us many times, but that doesn't mean he prevents all bad things from coming into our lives and it doesn't mean we all might not die someday.

God protected Job from death, but look at all he had to endure. Stephen was stoned to death, and was reward with seeing Jesus before he died; but Paul was stoned and left for dead but rose up and continued his work until he was finally beheaded.

God's protection may not always come in ways we expect or when we expect but God does care for His own.

• Administrators

No, she died in a car accident...she was on life support for two weeks before she actually died. There's something else just a little strange involved with it but I won't post it publicly...

Oh, that's right! I was thinking about the life support, I guess. Things like death from auto accident (or any unexpected death, really) are so hard for us to come to grips with. Especially if the person is young at the time. One thing that can be a comfort to us, as Christians, is the assurance that Hebrews gives us: "For it is appointed unto man once to die..." We all have an appointment. A time when we will leave this earth to meet our Savior face to face. Your mom's came at an unexpected time, too early in everyone's minds (I think it would always be too early...even with my mom being in her 70's!), and especially hard on the two daughters she left behind.

• Members

God doesn't always promise to protect us, but He will be with us though the storm, and if the storm takes our life, like John said, that is a promotion, "to die is gain."

Is God's love conditional or unconditional?

That is so to speak, He has throw us a life line, if we accept this life line on His terms, we have the promise of His love, & eternal life. But if not, them we force Him to sentence us to eternal hell.

• Members

Jesus desires that all children come to Him.

I don't deny this. Jesus desires everyone comes to him. But what about this verse and could this explain why there is so much violence against children these days?

Hosea 4:6- My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

We like to apply II Chronicles 7:14 to America but the verse in Hosea is ignored. Edited by Wilchbla