• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Outlawing Opinion

• Members
Yes, the liberals tend to have a dictator personality. I've noticed that holds very true with liberal Christians. I know you've noticed how upset they get and what they will accuses others of if they do not submit to their liberal opinions.

Perhaps they really don't believe what the Bible says will become of this world.

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

But I firmly believe we are fast approaching the day when conservative opinions will become outlawed, along with teachings of the "Holy Bible."

There is already talk of shutting up conservative talk show host.

Liberal Christians discard many things in the Bible. Some even discard Jesus!!!

When our pastor first began at our home church over 25 years ago the church was a part of a group of area churches. I think it was the second meeting our pastor attended with this group that the idea was raised of jointly hosting a summer event for children. One pastor said he didn't think there should be any of that "preaching Jesus stuff" at the event and another pastor seconded this! Our pastor was shocked and asked to see if he heard right. Sure enough, they didn't want any preaching of the Gospel in any way at all. Our pastor pressed the issue and four pastors were firm against the Gospel and the rest of the pastors remained silent (cowards!). Our pastor asked what's the point of having a Christian event for children if it's secular. The pastors against the Gospel said they just wanted to have something fun with no pressure and none of that controversial Jesus stuff. Our pastor said he couldn't and wouldn't go along with such and left the group saying he wouldn't return.

As a new pastor he was somewhat concerned as to the reaction of his new church but after explaining the situation they agreed he had done the right thing.

For many liberal Christians, Christianity is about being "good" and doing "good things". Many hold the belief that their efforts on earth will usher in the future Kingdom of God. They believe they must make the world a better place by their efforts and once they have done so, Christ will return.

They are always at the ready to discount parts of Scripture they don't like and to interpret Scripture to fit their liberal agenda and beliefs.

More than ever, liberal Christians are working hand-in-hand with political liberals in an attempt to paint Bible believers as some sort of evil and to silence those who hold true to Scripture.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had a pastor friend that joined in with a crusade which was made up of many different beliefs, and as a counselor during the invitation his moth was shut to what he could say to a person who came forward. We had several conversations about this, him never agreeing with me it was wrong for him to take part in this. About a year later one day we met up some where. 1st thing he told me, "You were right, I should never have took part in that crusade, it really took me a long time to understand why it was wrong, I'll never do it again."

I know it can sound like some real good works, sad to say many fall for it never thinking it thru. But its great that there be some who understand this and do not fall for it. It never hurts to try and explain it, that person just might see the light.

You used the word coward, I suppose some are to much of a coward to speak up and stand strong for our Savior as He promised to do for us.