• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Suitable 18 b-day gift? (tattoo idea better forgotten and replaced) Suggestions?

• Members

Hi, so what is a good 18th b-day gift? Something memorable, something sensible for the milestone year. Any suggestions?

Mine would be maybe:

A good study Bible

or

Subscription to an edifying magazine.

I agree a good study Bible would be a great gift. Another gift that would be sensible for that age is a nice GPS. A lot of teens are leaving home at that time and might need one to get around when going to college.

• Members

I agree a good study Bible would be a great gift. Another gift that would be sensible for that age is a nice GPS. A lot of teens are leaving home at that time and might need one to get around when going to college.

amblivion.

Yes, ty, hadn't thought of that. (Ours broke almost the first time we used our GPS.) Maybe a good quality one.

Some good quality jewelry, too, maybe.

• Members

amblivion.

Yes, ty, hadn't thought of that. (Ours broke almost the first time we used our GPS.) Maybe a good quality one.

Some good quality jewelry, too, maybe.

I wouldn't want a GPS, I can get lost just as easily without one.

Here wwhere we have many foreign trucks on the roads, from all over Europe, East and West, as well as our own drivers, who try to cross a railway crossing which has been closed for over 30 years, or go down country lanes which are far too narrow for them and cannot easily reverse, or demolish bridges.

No thanks.

• Members

I wouldn't want a GPS, I can get lost just as easily without one.

Here wwhere we have many foreign trucks on the roads, from all over Europe, East and West, as well as our own drivers, who try to cross a railway crossing which has been closed for over 30 years, or go down country lanes which are far too narrow for them and cannot easily reverse, or demolish bridges.

No thanks.

Invicta:

So do you have any other suggestions for a compelling gift idea for an 18 year old, that might be seen as more attractive and maybe preferable than the tattoo parlor visit that attracts for the 18th b-day? Edited by farouk

• Members

Invicta:

So do you have any other suggestions for a compelling gift idea for an 18 year old, that might be seen as more attractive and maybe preferable than the tattoo parlor visit that attracts for the 18th b-day?

A Paul Bocuse cookery book?

• Members

What do folks think about the jewelry option? it's a kind of durable, memorable commodity for a special b-day. Sound a good idea?

Depends on the person. Is this person a jewelry person? If they do like jewelry it would be a great gift. As for me, it would just be on okay gift.

• Members

I'n not familiar with the writer, but thank-you for the suggestion.

Paul Bocuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bocuse

here is one of my favourite recipes of his.

Wooden Leg Soup
The following recipe is for a rather full bodied, rich soup which will feed all of your friends (and probably the whole of your street too!)
Now all you have to do is open a savings account so you can save up for the ingredients, build a large kitchen in which to prepare it and whilst you're doing all this i suggest you start acquiring lots of new friends!
Or you can simply enjoy reading the recipe........enjoy!

Wooden Leg Soup

Take an earthenware soup pot or a copper one and clean it well.
Place in it a beautiful leg of beef and cover with cold water, adding salt, cloves, onions and anything else that will give it flavour.
Let it simmer on a very low flame...
Skin the soup well.
Once the soup is clear add leeks, turnips and celery.
Add 2 or 3 veal knuckles, a shoulder of pork, a turkey, a partridge, a juicy leg of lamb and a juicy beef rump.
Half an hour before serving add a couple of large chickens and moments later a lovely pork sausage loaded with truffles and pistachio nuts.
When all are beautifully cooked set one shin bone right across the soup pot so that everyone will recognise the "Wooden Leg Soup".

Bon Appetit!