• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

michae1

The Beast Revelation

Showing people Bible prophecy coming true helps people believe the Bible is the word of God. When they see a nuclear war described in a way they can believe, it makes it easy to believe what the Bible says about hell. We can't save all of America but maybe we can save our family and friends and coworkers. Hard questions are good questions.

How can they see this nuclear war if it's not going on? Most people have grown up with the idea of a possible nuclear war but are not overly concerned about such.

To John,Jerry and all,

In a solar eclipse the sun moon and stars withdraw their shining. The prophets describe this effect happening and remaining

permanent on a clear day at noon over Israel. I asked my self if this is true, why would God do this? Revelation 16:8-9 tells us that

the sun has gotten so hot it is scorching men. Malachi 4:1 tells us the earth will be hot as an oven. Isaiah 30:25-26 says the sun will

get seven times hotter. During the tribulation an asteroid the size of a mountain will strike the earth Revelation 8:8 and cause the

earth to stagger as a drunkard. Isaiah 24:19-23 I believe God will cause a permanent solar eclipse to stabelize the earth and give

Israel a spot of shade when the sun is scorching hot. Revelation 16:10 also tells us that there will be darkness on the kingdom of

antichrist before Armageddon. I can't prove this is a permanent solar eclipse but I can understand that it is.

Why do you believe men will be scorched by the sun through a 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth? That doesn't seem to fit with other passages of Scripture.

Jesus will make the heaven and earth new so men will not be scorched by the sun in the kingdom age. Jesus will come into the umbra shadow of the moon over Israel in the New Jerusalem and be the light to Israel.

Jesus will make the heaven and earth new so men will not be scorched by the sun in the kingdom age. Jesus will come into the umbra shadow of the moon over Israel in the New Jerusalem and be the light to Israel.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Invicta dose that mean you don't believe Jesus will come down and rule the earth?

Invicta dose that mean you don't believe Jesus will come down and rule the earth?

I believe he thinks Jesus is ruling the world (spiritually) in its present condition and that Satan is currently bound in the bottomless pit.

How that ties in with this place looking like the Devil's playground and a couple hundred million Christians being killed since Jesus left beats me.

I believe that Christ's kingdom is a spiritual kingdom. It is the church, over which, Christ is the king.

Will Christ ever rule over the earth? Will it ever get better or are we doomed to continue to watch the kingdom of Satan outgrow and persecute the kingdom of Christ, as it always has?

Christ's Kingdom will be an EARTHLY 1,000 year rule from Jerusalem.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

One thousand means one thousand...it's not a spiritual kingdom and it is future.

Will Christ ever rule over the earth? Will it ever get better or are we doomed to continue to watch the kingdom of Satan outgrow and persecute the kingdom of Christ, as it always has?

We are doomed to the point that things will continue to get worse during this age, the church age. Yet the only one that has the right to doom & gloom is the unbeliever. For after Jesus has come for His own they will be left behind, & will not enjoy the 7 years of tribulations the least bit.

We are doomed to the point that things will continue to get worse during this age, the church age. Yet the only one that has the right to doom & gloom is the unbeliever. For after Jesus has come for His own they will be left behind, & will not enjoy the 7 years of tribulations the least bit.

Indeed, if we are born again and living for Christ we have nothing to worry about!

Don't you think he meant, if that person was truly saved that he could expect to receive chaseting from the Lord, not the loss of his salvation? NO, I don't get the impression that he thinks a saved person can lose their salvation.

That means they need the gospel.

So, you don't believe a Christians can back slid, commit sin?

Can't help to think of Paul saying, why do I do that I know not to do, yet not do the good I know to do. Sad to say, I'm much like Paul, & if you were watching over us, keeping score, you would probably have declared Paul an unsaved man, & me too.

John81,

Please clear this up. Do you believe once saved always saved?

There is nothing to clear up. In numerous posts I've stated my belief in once saved, always saved and nothing I've posted here even hints at anything else.

So, you don't believe a Christians can back slid, commit sin?

Can't help to think of Paul saying, why do I do that I know not to do, yet not do the good I know to do. Sad to say, I'm much like Paul, & if you were watching over us, keeping score, you would probably have declared Paul an unsaved man, & me too.

I do believe that Christians can and do fall and sin. I do myself. However, the same gospel that saves us is the gospel that restores us when we fall. That's why it is the gospel; good news. It is powerful enough to restore us when we fall. That does not mean that a Christian who is in sin at the moment of his death is lost, for it is not his righteousness which saves him, but only the grace of God. However, I do not believe that a "Christian" who thinks he can go on sinning so that grace can abound truly knows the gospel and is saved.

I do believe that Christians can and do fall and sin. I do myself. However, the same gospel that saves us is the gospel that restores us when we fall. That's why it is the gospel; good news. It is powerful enough to restore us when we fall. That does not mean that a Christian who is in sin at the moment of his death is lost, for it is not his righteousness which saves him, but only the grace of God. However, I do not believe that a "Christian" who thinks he can go on sinning so that grace can abound truly knows the gospel and is saved.

Agreed! The idea one can be saved and yet live like the devil is totally contrary to Scripture. Scripture declares that when we are saved we ARE new creatures. There will be evidence of salvation in ones life. Those preachers who tell folks they can be saved and never show any sign of salvation are doing the work of the devil.