• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

michae1

The Beast Revelation

While America may be involved in a nuclear war, I see nothing in Scripture that says so.

Yes, but many thinks the world will end with a nuclear bomb doing the dirty work. I don't believe that's the way the end will come about.

While America may be involved in a nuclear war, I see nothing in Scripture that says so.

American Nuclear war

When God decides to judge Israel in the tribulation after the temple is built, He will put a hook in the jaw of Russia from the north and pull them to Israel. At that time God will call a great nation from the other side of the earth to come to fight Russia. America is the only great Nation on the other side of the earth from Israel.

Jeremiah 6:16–22 KJV

17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the
trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
18 Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them.
19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
20 To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.
21 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.
22 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.

When Israel is attacked by nuclear weapons and blown away God Will call an ensign or country from the end of the earth to come to Israel and take a prey safely back to the other end of the earth. Revelation 12:14 says Israel will be carried away by a great eagle. I believe God will call America to rescue the women and children of Israel in the sixth seal judgment when the heavens are darkened over Israel as it indicates in verse 30.

Isaiah 5:16–30 KJV

24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25 Therefore is the anger of the Lord kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:
27 None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken:
28 Whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent, their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind:
29 Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.
30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea: and if one look unto the land, behold darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof.

When the nuclear war burns the earth, Isaiah 24:14-16a says some one will praise God in the fires in the uttermost part of the earth in the isle in the sea. Who would praise God when they see a nuclear war?

Isaiah 24:6,14–16 KJV

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

Ezekiel 39:6–8 KJV

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.
8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

When God sends the nuclear fire on Russia and America, Israel will turn back to God. Only the Jews carried to America as prey safely will praise God when they see the fires in America on the other side of the earth from Israel.

Eric - it is not sound exegesis to make a statement & support with Scriptures spoken to Israel before & during the Babylonian destruction & captivity. Those prophesies were to real, living people, for their encouragement & rebuke, NOT some supposed future generation that will be on earth after the removal/rapture of every believer.

The prophesies you are making now (I know you call them interpretation) are not for believers but apparently for those who will not give your book a passing thought.

Incidently, in the unlikely event that America does heed its "last warning" what will happen to all the supposed Scriptural prophecies you are "interpeting" ??

What did our Lord say about OT prophecy?
Luke 24:44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48And ye are witnesses of these things.

Edited by Covenanter

American Nuclear war

When God decides to judge Israel in the tribulation after the temple is built, He will put a hook in the jaw of Russia from the north and pull them to Israel. At that time God will call a great nation from the other side of the earth to come to fight Russia. America is the only great Nation on the other side of the earth from Israel.

Jeremiah 6:16–22 KJV

17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the
trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
18 Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them.
19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
20 To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.
21 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.
22 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.

When Israel is attacked by nuclear weapons and blown away God Will call an ensign or country from the end of the earth to come to Israel and take a prey safely back to the other end of the earth. Revelation 12:14 says Israel will be carried away by a great eagle. I believe God will call America to rescue the women and children of Israel in the sixth seal judgment when the heavens are darkened over Israel as it indicates in verse 30.

Isaiah 5:16–30 KJV

24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25 Therefore is the anger of the Lord kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:
27 None shall be weary nor stumble among them; none shall slumber nor sleep; neither shall the girdle of their loins be loosed, nor the latchet of their shoes be broken:
28 Whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent, their horses’ hoofs shall be counted like flint, and their wheels like a whirlwind:
29 Their roaring shall be like a lion, they shall roar like young lions: yea, they shall roar, and lay hold of the prey, and shall carry it away safe, and none shall deliver it.
30 And in that day they shall roar against them like the roaring of the sea: and if one look unto the land, behold darkness and sorrow, and the light is darkened in the heavens thereof.

When the nuclear war burns the earth, Isaiah 24:14-16a says some one will praise God in the fires in the uttermost part of the earth in the isle in the sea. Who would praise God when they see a nuclear war?

Isaiah 24:6,14–16 KJV

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea.
16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

Ezekiel 39:6–8 KJV

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.
8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

When God sends the nuclear fire on Russia and America, Israel will turn back to God. Only the Jews carried to America as prey safely will praise God when they see the fires in America on the other side of the earth from Israel.

Pardon me for saying so, but if Israel is blown away by nuclear weapons, how will USA or anyone else come to her assistance?

Invicta you ask good questions. I hope I can answer them.

Isaiah 29:1-6 indicates that many of the Jews will be underground at the time of the attack.
Isaiah 29:1–6 KJV 1 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to
year; let them kill sacrifices.
2 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
3 And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
4 And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.
5 Moreover the multitude of thy strangers shall be like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shall be as chaff that passeth away: yea, it shall be at an instant suddenly.
6 Thou shalt be visited of the Lord of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.

Isaiah 4:1-6 When God judges Israel by fire the unholy Jews will be killed. God will send the Glory cloud to cover the righteous Jews as a defense as when they traveled 40 years through the desert.

Isaiah 4:2–4 KJV
2 In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

24 AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
5 And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

When God sends the nuclear fire to kill the unholy people of Israel, He will also send the cloud of glory with the pillar of fire to cover Israel’s righteous people as He did when the Israelites went through the wilderness for forty years.
Although God is one of judgment, He is also a God of mercy and grace. Thank you, Lord!

Invicta you ask good questions. I hope I can answer them.

Isaiah 29:1-6 indicates that many of the Jews will be underground at the time of the attack.
Isaiah 29:1–6 KJV 1 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to
year; let them kill sacrifices.
2 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
3 And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
4 And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.
5 Moreover the multitude of thy strangers shall be like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shall be as chaff that passeth away: yea, it shall be at an instant suddenly.
6 Thou shalt be visited of the Lord of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.

Isaiah 4:1-6 When God judges Israel by fire the unholy Jews will be killed. God will send the Glory cloud to cover the righteous Jews as a defense as when they traveled 40 years through the desert.

Isaiah 4:2–4 KJV
2 In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

24 �� AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
5 And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

When God sends the nuclear fire to kill the unholy people of Israel, He will also send the cloud of glory with the pillar of fire to cover Israel’s righteous people as He did when the Israelites went through the wilderness for forty years.
Although God is one of judgment, He is also a God of mercy and grace. Thank you, Lord!

You read a lot intgo that which is not there. I notice that you continually add a lot of unconnected verses together and make a doctrine. As my dad used to say "They read the bible, then teach waht they like." Edited by Invicta

During the day of the Lord, God will judge Israel by the spirit of judgment and the spirit of fire see Isaiah 4:4.When you study the day of the Lord, look for the thread of fire. It will be nuclear war , which blows away people as chaff instantly. They are vaporized while they stand on their feet.

Zechariah 14:12–15 KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Did you notice that the plague (or judgment) that God sends to Israel’s enemies is on both men and animals? Those close to the impact area of the atomic bombs will be vaporized while they stand on their feet. I point out these effects so you understand that this is an instantaneous plague.

The context is the day of the Lord where ever it is in the prophets.

Edited by Eric Stahl

Eric,

It's not my intention to speak in a deragatory manner. I've gone to your website and listened to two of your lessons, and I think I understand how you've come up with your theories.

Basically, you said (in the lessons) that you find a theme or subject, and then you look at every other reference in the prophets in which that same theme or subject is mentioned. Eric, that's not sound hermeneutics. Just because something is mentioned in one part of scripture doesn't mean that every reference to that same word, theme, or subject is directly related to the same event.

That's why you're taking verses and parts of verses out of context. That's why you're applying "non-tribulation" passages to tribulation passages. That's why (as you implied) you are looking for answers to questions you raised yourself in areas of the Bible that aren't referring to those same scriptures that caused your questions to be raised.

Eric, it's my prayer and hope that you will step back, look at what you think you've learned, and realize that you need to re-evaluate how you interpret scripture. When others on here point out your errors, you only respond with what you've written in your book. I realize that you are probably set in what you believe, but I hope that you will at least realize that you "might" be in error.

Although you presented the lessons as being "the way it will be", I still appreciated the fact that you would occasionally say that it's what "you believe will happen".

During the day of the Lord, God will judge Israel by the spirit of judgment and the spirit of fire see Isaiah 4:4.When you study the day of the Lord, look for the thread of fire. It will be nuclear war , which blows away people as chaff instantly. They are vaporized while they stand on their feet.

Zechariah 14:12–15 KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Did you notice that the plague (or judgment) that God sends to Israel’s enemies is on both men and animals? Those close to the impact area of the atomic bombs will be vaporized while they stand on their feet. I point out these effects so you understand that this is an instantaneous plague.

The context is the day of the Lord where ever it is in the prophets.

I understand you view on this but the fact is, Scripture doesn't actually say what you are saying. You are putting forth your theory as to what these passages are saying.

It's possible some of what you say could come about, but it's also possible that none of these passages are speaking of nuclear war or referring to America at all. The vast majority of theories, including the most accepted ones, disagree with your view. That's not to say any of them are necessarily right and your theory is wrong, but it does point to the fact that God was puposefully unclear in regards to details of the end times so we are left to theorize or simply trust God without overly concerning ourselves with the details.

The trouble with the modern disp teaching about the beast, & Revelation in general is that it is placed after the supposed rapture. That means that it is not relevant to living believers.

The preterist & historical teaching have a much more practical application. The Christians in the 60s were suffering persecution by Jews & Romans, & had no difficulty recognising 666 as Nero's number. Rev. 11 shows clearly that the book was written while the temple & Jerusalem were standing. John in his letters taught the presence of antichrist - presumably perished when Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70.

We do not, however claim that all prophecy is finished & its study superfluous - we look for Jesus' coming for resurrection & judgment - the guiding principles of Scripture show a repeating pattern of persecution, by state, by false religion & the two together oppressing believers. The Anabaptists & Reformers were right to see Rome as antichrist, but should we magnify Rome as THE antichrist, or one of many. We can look around the world to see many antichrists & antichristian nations.

No - don't speculate but live as children of light in a dark world.

The temple in Revelation 11 is not Herod's temple (Matthew 24:1; John 2:19-21), which was started about 19 B.C. and took 46 years to build, and was destroyed by the Roman armies in 70 A.D. The temple in Revelation 11 is the one which the returned Jews will rebuild during the Tribulation period and desecrated by the Antichrist. The apostle John wrote Revelation AFTER 70 A.D, closer to the end of the first century (about 95-96 A.D.), while he was in exile on the isle of Patmos. There was NO temple standing at that time. The temple of Revelation 11 is a future temple.

Daniel 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

Daniel 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Revelation 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The number of the beast in Revelation 13 is 666. I don't see anywhere in Scripture where Nero was recognized as the antichrist. Revelation was written 28 years (approximately) AFTER Nero's death in 68 A.D. So how could the Christians of the first century recognize 666 as Nero's number?

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The "rapture" of all New Testament believers (the Church/Body of Christ) is not "supposed". It is the next biblical event on God's calendar and it is imminent. The church is waiting, not for the appearing of the Antichrist, but for the redemption of the Son of God

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Edited by LindaR

The temple in Revelation 11 is not Herod's temple (Matthew 24:1; John 2:19-21), which was started about 19 B.C. and took 46 years to build, and was destroyed by the Roman armies in 70 A.D. The temple in Revelation 11 is the one which the returned Jews will rebuild during the Tribulation period and desecrated by the Antichrist. The apostle John wrote Revelation AFTER 70 A.D, closer to the end of the first century (about 95-96 A.D.), while he was in exile on the isle of Patmos. There was NO temple standing at that time. The temple of Revelation 11 is a future temple.

Daniel 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

Daniel 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Revelation 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The number of the beast in Revelation 13 is 666. I don't see anywhere in Scripture where Nero was recognized as the antichrist. Revelation was written 28 years (approximately) AFTER Nero's death in 68 A.D. So how could the Christians of the first century recognize 666 as Nero's number?

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The "rapture" of all New Testament believers (the Church/Body of Christ) is not "supposed". It is the next biblical event on God's calendar and it is imminent. The church is waiting, not for the appearing of the Antichrist, but for the redemption of the Son of God

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Daniel 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered. These two verses refer to Antiochus Epiphanes. They take place during the Greek Empire

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm THE covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Jesus confirmed THE covenant with the Jews, Ro 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: He caused the sacrifice to fail by his sacrifice on the cross, after that there was and still is no need for any sacrifice.

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. Several questions here. 1. What is meant by arms? Some say anly human arms not arnaments, some say the opposite. 2. On whose part? At this point in the prophecy we have got to the part where the Romans are challenging Antiochus 3 What does it mean "Stand on his part"? I suggest that it means "stand against him, which the Romans certainly did. 4 Who is the "they" who would pollute the sanctury? Both Antiochus and the Romans polluted the sanctury, but Antiochus did not place THE abomination that maketh desolate, as IT (it was a singular thing) was still future when Jesus told of it, but it was the Roman armies surrounding Jerusalem.Matt 24:15, Mar.13:14, Luke 21:20. When the Romans destroyed the Temple, it was the exact anniversry of the previous desolation by Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. No precedence in this, just a time between two events. It was exactly 1290 days from the time that the Roman armies cut off Jerusalem and the failure of the sacriifice, due to there being no priests top offer it. During the whole siege during a time of severe famine when Deut, 28 was fulfilled and women eating their own babies, an amazing thing happened: The daily sacrifice continued. Titus begged the Jews to continue the sacrifice, but there was no one who could prove their priesthood as the building containing their gealogies had been burnt. That is why there can be any priests now or in the future.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) See above

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. The Papacy fulfills this

2 Thessalonians 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? Yes and we should see what the early church wrote on the things that Paul told them about. The Roman aemperor and the Empire would be romoved and the man of sin would be revealed. He was in the papacy.

These two verses are not connected with the earlier mentiond verses.

You are quite correct, he was the emperor who paul told us to pray for, as wwhen the Antichrist came, he would be worse.

The "rapture" of all New Testament believers (the Church/Body of Christ) is not "supposed". It is the next biblical event on God's calendar and it is imminent. The church is waiting, not for the appearing of the Antichrist, but for the redemption of the Son of God We will agree with that, but the rapture is supposed as it is not a biblical word. We will meet Christ in the air, and He will return to earth at that time.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Irenaeus remark about John & his vision are ambiguous & only know in a late Latin translation from his Gk. Rev. 11 is clearly talking about the destruction of Jerusalem & the temple - & the two witnesses, Moses & the prophets, were speaking to the brothers of "Dives" in Luke 16. The idea of a future temple to be built only to be destroyed & then rebuilt to Ezekiel's pattern is an affront to Christ & the eternal living temple which comprises believers.

Daniel's prophecies in relation to the events between the return & the coming of Christ are considered to be so accurate that some claim them to have been written after the events! Antiochus Epiphanes & his activites are prophesied. The 70 weeks prophecy (490 years ended around AD 35, with only the destruction still to come.

You can't tell me that the temple was destroyed before Paul wrote his letters. That destruction had to take place as prophesied by the Lord, before his coming in judgment described in 2T1.

John wrote to real, living readers, suffering persecution. NOT to give Scofield & his followers fantastic information about a time where the church is removed. You are repeating what you have been taught the Scriptures teach, NOT what they actually say. In any case, the antichrist, lived & perished in John's day (1J2). Now we have many antichrists.

The seventy weeks haven't been fufilled yet because all the things that were promised to happen after the seventy weeks haven't happned yet.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that.

I am not a rocket scientist - I seek to read the word, in context & in the light of the work, words, & witness, & death & resurrection of the living Word of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

That is a summary of the saving work of Jesus - what was that last great shout from the cross? FINISHED!

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

After means after, not necessarily immediately between 69 & 70, as v. 27 says the final sacrifice i.e. on Calvary, will be in the midst of the 70th week. He explained the abominations in his Olivet prophecy of the AD 70 destruction, graciously allowing the Jews 35 years to repent, as many thousands did. He was confirming the covenant during his ministry, & the Apostles' ministry after Pentecost. The 70th week ran from his baptism to the martyrdom of Stephen, when the Jews were declared "uncircumcised" (i.e. the old covenant was formally revoked by the Holy Spirit, when at about the same time the Gospel was preached to the Gentiles & Samaritans in accordance with the great commission.

You should sack your rocket scientist - Keep It Simple, Scriptural.

It always comes back to Israel, doesn't it? I say verse 24 is national Israel, and you say it's spiritual.

I agree with Paul when he says that the Israel that is an enemy of the Gospel and is also spiritually blind will one day be saved.

We believe America is the world superpower that will be controlled by the Antichrist, according to Daniel 11:39. We know America is the most Christian country now, but that also means that it will be the most deceived by the Antichrist after the rapture of the Christians according

THE JUDGMENT OF EARTH �� 165

to 2 Thessalonians 2. Therefore, if America is the last days’ Babylon and the future home of the Antichrist, America should be judged with dark- ness, according to Revelation 16:10. In studying Revelation 16:10, we must also search the Scriptures written by the Old Testament prophets for conditions of unusual sunshine or darkness before Armageddon.

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.
12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.
13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.
—Habakkuk 3:11–13 KJV

Habakkuk foresaw the sun and moon stand still over Israel in such a way that they “went,” meaning that these two heavenly bodies stayed over Israel and went dark or disappeared from view before the Lord came to Armageddon with His anointed.

1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.
3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.
4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.
—Isaiah 16:1–5 KJV

While the tribulation war rages, the part of Jordan that is populated with the people of Moab will be destroyed. The surviving people will move south

166 �� AMERICA’S LAST WARNING

to the river ford or river crossing place on the Arnon River. God tells the people of Moab to help the fleeing Jews and let them stay at the river Arnon. Now look at verse three. Christ, the Lamb, will give Israel a shadow at noonday before Armageddon. This is the shadow that will be formed
by a permanent solar eclipse over Israel. 14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the
Lord is near in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
—Joel 3:14–16 KJV

Joel foresaw the sun and moon go dark before the battle of Armageddon starts. The stars also will stop shining over Israel because a solar eclipse causes a twilight condition. Twilight occurs because there is still enough light in the sky to prevent someone from seeing the stars. We now have a similar condition immediately after sunset.

2 And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the Lord unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.
3 And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day, saith the Lord God: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.
8 Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

—Amos 8:2–3, 8–9 KJV

When the end comes for Israel, God will cause the sun to darken on a clear day. The darkness is not caused by clouds. Notice that it is noonday, so the sun is directly over Israel at that time.

( When the permanent solar eclipse sets up over Israel to save it from the hot sun, America will be on the dark side of the earth permanently! Revelation 16:10 indicates God will judge the kingdom of antichrist with darkness.)

Edited by Eric Stahl

Eric, you quote Habakkuk to "prove" your theories. Note:
3:1A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth.
2O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.
3God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.
11The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

He is alluding to the blessing of Moses & the experience of Israel in their deliverance from Egypt, & their victories as Joshua led them to take possession of the land:
Deut. 33:1And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
2And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

Joshua 10:12Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Habakkkuk was concerned with the prophesied invasion by the Babylonians, but was submissive to the LORD in his righteous judgements. See Habakkuk's complaint in Hab. 1.

How do we live in times of judgment? Look to the LORD - remember his past dealings with his people, & trust him through present adversity. Psalm 42 sums up the attitude of encouragement of the troubled believer:
Psalm 42:5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. 6O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee ...
11Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

By your obsession with an imagined end times & reading end times theories into OT Scripture, you are misreading Scriptures that have a clear reference to real events, & real living people facing times of trouble.

My meditation on Hab. 3 led to me writing the following hymn (tune Personet hodie or on youtube (not my words) ):

God above, we have heard

of your works in your Word,

now revive in our day

works of gospel power

in this needy hour.

In your wrath O Lord,

In your wrath O Lord,

In your wrath, yet once more,

Lord remember mercy.

When God came to the land

mighty power in his hand

all your tribes marched with you,

singing out your glory

as they told the story.

Mighty shouts of praise,

Mighty shouts of praise,

Shouts of praise filled the land,

made the heathen tremble.

Christ by signs led the way;

fire by night, cloud by day,

mou
nt
ain heights, depths below

could n
ot
stand before you,

nations fell before you.

So be warned, O earth,

So be warned, O earth,

So be warned all mankind,

God is in his temple.

Nations now spurn your Laws;

all around, judgeme
nt
falls,

your redeemed on you call,

keep us true & faithful;

trusting, praying, watchful.

May we watch and pray;

May we watch and pray;

Watch and pray every day,

for our Lord is coming.

Evil men rule the lands;

they despise your commands;

they will n
ot
give you thanks

now the crops are failing

hungry people wailing.

Yet I will rejoice,

Yet I will rejoice,

I will joy in the Lord,

God of my salvation.

Covenanter,

I know this is new understanding. It will be understood by the wise at the end of time. It was sealed till the time of the end.
Daniel 12:4,10

This darkness is caused when God causes a permanent solar eclipse over Israel. It is described in very many day of the Lord prophecies.

Edited by Eric Stahl

Covenanter,

I know this is new understanding. It will be understood by the wise at the end of time. It was sealed till the time of the end.
Daniel 12:4,10

This darkness is caused when God causes a permanent solar eclipse over Israel. It is described in very many day of the Lord prophecies.

Trouble is, all the wise will have been raptured, so they won't be there. You (& Scofield's followers) are devoting tremendous effort into trying to prove prophetic Scripture has nothing to do with the people to whom it was addressed, or any living believers on earth.

It's a crazy & useless theory. Get real, Eric - get on with life & preaching Christ to lost & saved.

Trouble is, all the wise will have been raptured, so they won't be there. You (& Scofield's followers) are devoting tremendous effort into trying to prove prophetic Scripture has nothing to do with the people to whom it was addressed, or any living believers on earth.

It's a crazy & useless theory. Get real, Eric - get on with life & preaching Christ to lost & saved.

Jude 1:22-23 indicates some will be saved by compassion and some will be saved by fear. Having the understanding of what is coming will cause some to get saved.

Eric, where do you come to the conclusion America is "the most Christian country now"? Are you counting all the professing Christians who are not born again in Christ, the Catholics, JWs and other "christian" cults as well? Are you unaware of the multitudes who have come to Christ in other nations in recent years, such as India?

Do you expect these events to take place today or do you think it could be 10, 30, 50 or more years from now? If one doesn't count non-biblical "christians", America has a small percentage of actual biblically born again Christians and that percentage has been continually shrinking.

America stands on the verge of economic collapse and in short order could become a broken nation along the lines of Russia or worse. If America ceases to be a "superpower" how will that effect your views?

None of what you have put forth from Scripture indicates what you say with regards to America. It's also not true that you have some special revelation that no other has received. Even with regards to America, there have been others who have attempted to fit America into various prophetic writings regarding the end times. As it stands, what they put forth, you have put forth, as well as others speculations, are just that, speculations that cannot be proven by Scripture because Scripture simply and plainly doesn't mention America, or many other countries.

Your insistence that you have some "new understanding" is troubling. How is your special revelation any different than those claimed by various others putting one spin or another upon Scripture? Other than repeating your "new understanding", over and over, you have offered up nothing that even hints at support for the view you are espousing.

I've looked, but what you are saying just isn't there (in the Bible).

Eric - you realise you are encountering "Berean" Christians:
they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

not Athenians:
all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.

Jude 1:22-23 indicates some will be saved by compassion and some will be saved by fear. Having the understanding of what is coming will cause some to get saved.

Eric makes a valid point here. I hope he presents his ideas as theories for consideration and not rock solid doctrine. I haven't read his book and I'm not saying I support his ideas, but one must never forget the truth that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

When you read Paul's description of the last days we see that we are in them. Whether those last day mean that there's an upcoming Tribulation period or the New Heavens and New Earth (or whatever trouble precedes it), we are on the precipice of something big here and the urgency to witness is great. People know that America is on the brink of financial collapse, and if America goes down economically and then militarily the rest of the free world goes down with it. No one will be left to stand against Communist China, Russia, North Korea, Islamic Fascism, and all the other saber rattling dictators around the world if there is no America to do it. Our allies are precious to us, but they can't do it on their own without America's help.

The point is this. The last days are described as being perilous times of uncertainty, wars, and rumors of wars. Regardless of your theological view you should be able to use that in your efforts of witness. Edited by Rick Schworer

John81,

Isaiah 60:18–22 KJV
18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
22 A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time.

John what do you believe is happening to the sun and moon in verses 19& 20 ?

Edited by Eric Stahl