• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did Casey Anthony get

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did Casey Anthony get away murder

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

• Members

Exactly! What happened to Caylee? We still don't know. The mother or someone else may have premeditated her murder and killed her. Something else may have been going on and somehow Caylee accidently died as a result of negligence or mishandling by the mother or someone else. We don't know, but God does.

Right... Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales had a key to the house just as Casey said. She searched for chloroform, she killed Caylee.

And the easter bunny lives in my attic with the tooth fairy and Paul Bunyan's blue ox.

• Members

The prosecution proved premeditated murder. Just because 12 jurors did not vote guilty does not mean they did not prove premeditated One juror even said they did not want to vote guilty because they did not want to sentence Casey to death. The voted, not on lack of evidence, but rather on sentence.

The searches on the internet for how to make chloroform proves premeditation. The unusually high level of chloroform in the trunk proves chloroform was used. The hair with the death band in the trunk puts the murdered child in the car... something that only Casey was in possession of.

Casey murdered that baby, no one else did it.

Looking up chloroform on the internet does not prove premeditation. As has been brought up by some who have investigated this case, chloroform is commonly used by those who use or pimp out children for sex perverts. Apparently when it comes to children, the choroform not only can knock them out or make them compliant, but it also causes them memory loss during that time. It's been reported that Casey would often get calls at odd hours, take Caylee somewhere, come back without her and then leave later and come back with her.

One juror saying that doesn't change the reason the others have stated for their not guilty vote. Had the others found the prosecutions case to prove murder they could easily have pointed out to the one juror you mention that finding Casey guilty would not be the same as them giving her the death penalty. The penalty phase is separate from the finding of guilt phase.

Hair gets everywhere and how odd would it be to find a childs hair in her mothers car or for the mother to have her childs hair on her at times, etc. I've found my wifes hair in the strangest places; no idea how it got there, but it did.

The prosecution could not identify how Caylee died, they were unable to prove that she was even murdered. They put forth plenty of speculation and opinion, but no facts.

• Members

Right... Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales had a key to the house just as Casey said. She searched for chloroform, she killed Caylee.

And the easter bunny lives in my attic with the tooth fairy and Paul Bunyan's blue ox.

Interesting you think this is such a flippant issue.

The fact is, you don't know any more than I do or that jury did whether or not Casey killed Caylee or not. The jury didn't see proof she did or didn't and neither have I. As far as I know, only God and whoever actually saw Caylee die KNOWS the truth. The rest of us are left to speculate.

• Members

The burden of proof is upon the prosecution to prove murder was committed and who committed the murder. Remember, innocent until proven guilty; the defense doesn't have to prove what happened or who may have been involved.

Exactly! What happened to Caylee? We still don't know. The mother or someone else may have premeditated her murder and killed her. Something else may have been going on and somehow Caylee accidently died as a result of negligence or mishandling by the mother or someone else. We don't know, but God does.

Correct, the burden of proof is on the prosecution....however, it was the defense that specifically stated that "Caylee died on June 16, 2008 when she drowned in the family swimming pool." The prosecution didn't come up with that "theory"...so they didn't have to "prove" an accidental drowning. The defense never did prove their "theory" (which they stated as fact) of an accidental drowning.

The prosecution only can prove their case with the evidence that is available to them. It is obvious that what they had was not enough to convict Casey...however the 31 days of "negligence" was enough to convince me and many others that this was not normal behavior for a mother whose child is missing. That "unconcern" certainly throws up red flags...and then not to report her missing child to the authorities for those 31 days. How much longer would she have "neglected" to report her missing child if her parents had not received that letter from Johnson's Towing about her car? She could have gone on lying for who knows how long.

• Members

Correct, the burden of proof is on the prosecution....however, it was the defense that specifically stated that "Caylee died on June 16, 2008 when she drowned in the family swimming pool." The prosecution didn't come up with that "theory"...so they didn't have to "prove" an accidental drowning. The defense never did prove their "theory" (which they stated as fact) of an accidental drowning.

The prosecution only can prove their case with the evidence that is available to them. It is obvious that what they had was not enough to convict Casey...however the 31 days of "negligence" was enough to convince me and many others that this was not normal behavior for a mother whose child is missing. That "unconcern" certainly throws up red flags...and then not to report her missing child to the authorities for those 31 days. How much longer would she have "neglected" to report her missing child if her parents had not received that letter from Johnson's Towing about her car? She could have gone on lying for who knows how long.

Defenses try to put forth alternate possibilities, often several, in order to help establish the idea of reasonable doubt. The defense is never under any obligation to prove that any of their theories, statements or alternatives are right.

I agree with you. The prosecution failed to take the time to build and present a solid enough case for the jury to convict her. I absolutely agree that Casey was a terrible mother and something strange was going on in her life which effected her daughter. There is no doubt there was some reason for her strange behaviour regarding her failure to report her child missing...but what? Did she kill her child? Did her child die accidently and she paniced? Did someone else kill her child and threaten her? Did someone else kill her child while using the child in illegal acts with Casey's knowledge? Something else...?

I don't know but I'm thankful that God does and that God will rightly deal with all this.

• Members

Interesting you think this is such a flippant issue.

The fact is, you don't know any more than I do or that jury did whether or not Casey killed Caylee or not. The jury didn't see proof she did or didn't and neither have I. As far as I know, only God and whoever actually saw Caylee die KNOWS the truth. The rest of us are left to speculate.

The evidence provided convinced me of Casey's guilt.

• Members

Question: Why was Casey totally unconcerned or worried that her 2 year old daughter was missing for 31 days? And why do you think she failed to report her child missing for that period of time?

There was plenty of circumstantial evidence pointing to Casey killing that child. It is NOT necessary to have an eyewitness to murder. The majority of murder cases are not committed in the presence of witnesses. To think one has to have a witness to get a guilty verdict in a murder case is inane. My father and his brothers were trial lawyers and I know for a fact that the majority of convictions are based on circumstantial evidence.

Right, there was plenty of evidence, the jury just did not accept it for what ever reason. My 1st thought was, Not guilty, when they came back with the verdict so fast. Maybe they were mad because they spent the 4th of July holidays doing jury duty.

And of course, she set there and let her lawyer defame her parents in front of the whole world hoping it would help her get away with murder so she could get back to her party life. I honestly believe she would sacrifice anyone in order to enjoy her party life.

Casey Anthony refuses jail visit from her mother

She probably dropped out of high school because it interfered with her party life.

• Members

While I think Casey got away with murder, it is out of our hands. She has been ruled innocent. God will now be her judge, and He will judge rightly. I did find an interesting petition though. This petition would make it a law that a parent report their missing children in a timely manner as in a 24 hour period of them missing. If anyone is interested in signing it, here is the link. http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law It already has a million signatures.

• Members

Better than Illinois where a sitting governor on his last night in office commuted every death sentence in the state to life imprisonment with a stroke of the pen. The next governor decided to continue forbidding the use of the death penalty.