• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did Casey Anthony get

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did Casey Anthony get away murder

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

• Members

Surely you aren't putting Casey Anthony in the category of God's elect???

Oh no.

Just using the legal language as an example of how God's justification by faith is a perfect act, as opposed to all the imperfections and technicalities of human legal processes.

• Members

The jury came back with a "not guilty" verdict...not an "innocent" verdict. Not guilty does not mean innocent.

Antonym of guilty

Antonyms of adj guilty

2 senses of guilty

Sense 1:
guilty (vs. innocent)

innocent (vs. guilty), guiltless, clean-handed

absolved, clear, cleared, exculpated, exonerated, vindicated
acquitted, not guilty
blameless, inculpable, irreproachable, unimpeachable

notice what the antonyms of guilty are.

Antonym of innocent

Antonyms of noun innocent

Antonyms of adj innocent

7 senses of innocent

Sense 1:
innocent (vs. guilty), guiltless, clean-handed

guilty (vs. innocent)

at fault
blameworthy, blamable, blameable, blameful, censurable, culpable
bloodguilty
chargeable, indictable
conscience-smitten
criminal
delinquent
finable, fineable
guilt-ridden
punishable
red-handed

Also take note of what the antonyms of innocent are. In the judicial eye the "not guilty verdict" means she was found to be innocent and therefore can never be tried in a court of law for the same offense, otherwise it is called double jeopardy in which we have a law on.

• Members

As Paul said, we should be letting go of the past and pressing forward in Christ. The trial is over, the verdict has been rendered. We can adjust our prayers accordingly and leave this in God's hands.

You are right we should pray for her salvation!

• Members

I remember, some while after former President Clinton's legal troubles about his lady friends had finally finished, President-elect George W. Bush was asked by a probing reporter for further comment about it.

He replied:

'I think we should (...pause..) move on.'

• Members

I never said she was innocent. I clearly stated that I believe she got away with murder. My whole point is she was found innocent. Innocent until proven guilty right? Was she ever proven guilty? Not according to the courts. So according to the laws of our land she is innocent and was ruled innocent of first degree murder and not guilty.

I agree, and surprised that others do not agree as well. Its clear, they found her innocent, not guilty. And its the end of that.

Many complain about our courts, yet many guilty people get away with breaking the law of this land in its court of law.

And of course I think she got away with murder.

• Members

If Casey is guilty of murder she may have avoided punishment from the legal system but she has not got away with it for the Lord God will bring about justice and proper sentence; which will be much worse than what the legal system would have done.

• Members

And of course I was speaking that she was getting away with it in this life. Of course if she was a child of God she will receive chastisement from the Lord in some fashion while living this life.

I do pray she will come to Christ and no one will add sin to their own life by trying to exact vengence upon her themselves.