• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did Casey Anthony get

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did Casey Anthony get away murder

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

• Members

The prosecution was unable, or unwilling, to prove she committed murder. Either there simply isn't enough evidence available to prove murder and who was the murderer, or the prosecution chose the "easy" way and tossed together a weak case expecting the jury to convict her based upon emotion rather than evidence.

One thing is certain, God knows Casey's sins and will deal with them in His timing, and God also knows what happened to the little girl. Vengeth is mine saith the Lord, and whoever brought about that girls death will face God's justice at the right time.

• Members

Casey Anthony Juror: We Were 'Sick' over Not Guilty Vote

By Dahvi Shira

Wednesday July 06, 2011 05:40 PM EDT

Jennifer Ford wants to make one thing clear: acquitting Casey Anthony of murdering 2-year-old daughter Caylee should not be read as a full exoneration.

"I did not say she was innocent," Ford told ABC News on Wednesday. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."

• Members

"For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14)

"For Mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from My face, neither is their iniquity hid from Mine eyes." (Jeremiah 16:17)

• Members

We have been following this case since the very beginning....since July, 2008. There was enough circumstantial evidence for the jury to convict of aggravated child abuse resulting in death and/or manslaughter. I believe that the prosecution did an excellent job with the facts and evidence which was available to them. It is obvious that this was not enough for the jury

I believe that her lies were intentional. The reason why I believe that the lies were intentional was to throw law enforcement off long enough in order for that body to decompose to the point that there would be NO identifiable evidence pointing to Casey as the person who murdered her 2 year old daughter, Caylee Marie. This was no "accident" which "snowballed out of control". There was willful premeditation...why lie about an accidental drowning? Then make that accidental drowning look like a murder? Makes no sense to me.

The only way we well ever really know the truth of who killed Caylee Marie Anthony is if the Lord convicts Casey and she repents and trusts Christ for her salvation.

My :twocents:

Edited by LindaR

• Members
"The defense at her murder trial included charges that she was sexually molested by her father and brother and that her mother left the ladder on the above-ground backyard pool, setting the stage for what defense attorneys said was Caylee’s accidental drowning in the pool."

Will her father and mother welcome her back into their home?

If i was accused of such by my daughter, I just don't beloeve I would allow her in my home.

I believe Casey will be back on the party circuit ASAP, as she was prior to & right after the murder..

• Members

"The defense at her murder trial included charges that she was sexually molested by her father and brother and that her mother left the ladder on the above-ground backyard pool, setting the stage for what defense attorneys said was Caylee’s accidental drowning in the pool."

If i was accused of such by my daughter, I just don't beloeve I would allow her in my home.

I believe Casey will be back on the party circuit ASAP, as she was prior to & right after the murder..

I agree. She is going to "return" to society in the very same condition she was before she got arrested and put in jail. She wants to be a "party girl" and her child was in the way of that lifestyle. Simply put, she got away with murder.

Those charges of sexual molestation were never proved. I think that the defense tossed that "tid-bit" into the trial to cast some "reasonable" doubt to the jury. Also, the "alleged" accidental drowning was never proved. In fact, that 2 year old could not even climb up that pool ladder by herself and could not even open the heavy sliding glass door to even get outside to get to the pool. That "theory" was shot down. The defense actually put her parents, her brother and the guy who found the remains on trial. It was an ABC (All But Casey) defense!

There was enough "circumstantial" evidence to convict Casey of "aggravated child abuse" or manslaughter. I guess the jury didn't feel that way. Edited by LindaR

• Members

On the news today they said it was unlikely she would go back home because of the stuff brought up at trial.

Whether guilty or innocent, this woman will find life difficult now, even very difficult where she is recognized.

One thing the prosecution failed to prove was how Caylee died. They were unable to prove whether she was intentionally murdered, died in an accident or what.

There was an article online two days ago but it's gone now, I wish I had copied it. The author put together a point by point list of the things the prosecution failed to prove and they also put together the same for all the stuff the court ordered to be sealed with regards to the investigation. It seems buried in that sealed stuff is the possibility that Casey was pimping her daughter out to perverts (I learned from the article that using chloroform is common for this because not only does it make the child compliant but erases their memory) and Casey had a falling out with some of them and someone connected with that killed her daughter and threatened to kill her.

Of course, with so much sealed away by order of the court, there is no way to check into that further and no way to learn why the police investigated these aspects and no way to know why the prosecution didn't use any of that information and why the court ordered it sealed.

We should remember that under the criminal law that God told Israel to operate under, God demanded a high level of proof of guilt before one could be convicted of murder. Nothing put forth by the prosecution in this trial even came close to a high level of proof of guilt.

In the end, God knows the truth and He will rightly deal with all those responsible.

• Members

The evidence was there. The duct tape was the murder weapon. No one puts duct tape on a accident victim's face. No one fails to call for help when a child drowns in a pool. No one lies about their child being kidnapped by a fictitious nanny who is not guilty of doing harm to that child themselves.

Casey got away with murder. She will murder again given the chance.

• Members

The evidence was there. The duct tape was the murder weapon. No one puts duct tape on a accident victim's face. No one fails to call for help when a child drowns in a pool. No one lies about their child being kidnapped by a fictitious nanny who is not guilty of doing harm to that child themselves.

Casey got away with murder. She will murder again given the chance.

None of that proves murder.

They never proved who put the duct tape on her mouth. They never proved there was intent to murder (for instance, if the duct tape was placed there to keep the child silent but she died, that would be an accident and first degree murder charges would not apply).

Most don't believe the story put forth by the defense as a means of offering an alternative was actually factual. If it were, even in part, there have been cases previously where an accidental death is hidden for fear of being accused of murder.

There have actually been several reported cases even in our time of those who have created stories of kidnapping and other strange things for the sake of attention, covering for themselves or others, or out of fear.

Nothing put forth in this case was unique. The prosecution was unable or unwilling to put together a case where murder was proved and the guilty party was proven.

Even the prosecutor has made statements which likely indicate his hopes for conviction were based mostly upon his belief that the jury would be so emotionally overwrought by the photos showed and the unsavory nature of the mother they would convict based upon that rather than a need for legal proof.

We should also remember the jury was kept shut away. They only had access to what was actually presented in court. All the other stuff and opinions, speculations and comparisons to other cases that have been all over the media were not a part of what they knew of or were legally charged to consider.

• Members

I reckon Caylee taped her own mouth, crawled into those bags and rolled herself into the swamp.

Sorry, but as Prosecution pointed out,Casey had all the evidence in her possession.

And then there's that hair in the trunk that had the band in it that can only be found in a hair from one who was deceased. Reckon Caylee pulled that hair and put it there. George and Cindy did not have the car...Casey did.

• Members

I reckon Caylee taped her own mouth, crawled into those bags and rolled herself into the swamp.

Sorry, but as Prosecution pointed out,Casey had all the evidence in her possession.

And then there's that hair in the trunk that had the band in it that can only be found in a hair from one who was deceased. Reckon Caylee pulled that hair and put it there. George and Cindy did not have the car...Casey did.

They can't prove who put the tape on her mouth or how or why she was killed. There is no direct evidence of premeditated murder and only circumstantial pointing to Casey.

If God established a high threshold for proof of murder, and His standard is higher than the one given to the jury, I don't think we should settle for less.

Casey may very well be guilty of the murder, but neither of us knows for certain and the prosecution failed to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Like one juror said, the prosecution couldn't even prove exactly what crime was committed, let alone who committed it. The jurors were in a better position to know than we are.

• Members

I respectfully disagree. There was testimony that Caylee was last seen alive with Casey. She was in Casey's care alive and all of a sudden, Casey is alone and claiming the Nanny has Caylee. There was enough evidence to prove intent on Casey's behalf.

No one could have done the internet searches but Casey. Casey had access to the tape. One of Caylee's hairs with a death band was in the trunk of the car that Casey had in her possession.

There was more than enough evidence to convict Casey. The jury just did not want that responsibility.