• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

John81

Christian Day at the Ballpark

St. Louis Cardinals
Christian Day at the Ballpark

Sat., Aug. 13 vs. Rockies
Following the game on Sat. Aug 13th, several Cardinals players, including Wainwright, Holliday, Berkman, McClellan and more, will share their faith with fans.

Join us for "Christian Day at the Ballpark" presented by Duncan Financial Management on Saturday, August 13th at 3:10 pm when the Cardinals face the Colorado Rockies! This year's speaker is Cardinals pitcher, Adam Wainwright as he comes back to the mound to share his testimony of how faith in Christ has transformed his life. Current and former Cardinals players as well as Rockies players will also participate in this one hour, post-game outreach event. Cardinals scheduled to appear for "Christian Day at the Ballpark" include former Cardinals greats such as Rick Horton and Mike Matheny, plus current players Lance Berkman, Matt Holliday, Kyle McClellan, and others. Groups of 25 or more can call 314-345-9500 for group ticket information.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/ticketing/group_theme.jsp?loc=christianday&partnerId=ed-4958167-209732794

Same day but they changed the time:

Join us for "Christian Day at the Ballpark" presented by Duncan Financial Management on Saturday, August 13th at 6:15 pm when the Cardinals face the Colorado Rockies! This year's speaker is Cardinals pitcher, Adam Wainwright as he comes back to the mound to share his testimony of how faith in Christ has transformed his life. Current and former Cardinals players as well as Rockies players will also participate in this one hour, post-game outreach event. Cardinals scheduled to appear for "Christian Day at the Ballpark" include former Cardinals greats such as Rick Horton and Mike Matheny, plus current players Lance Berkman, Matt Holliday, Kyle McClellan, and others. Groups of 25 or more can call 314-345-9500 for group ticket information.

Wonders never cease, a Christian Day at a Major League Ballpark! That is great, with so much negative this day and time hurled at us, it is nice to see the St. Louis Cardinal ballpark take a stand.

Wonders never cease, a Christian Day at a Major League Ballpark! That is great, with so much negative this day and time hurled at us, it is nice to see the St. Louis Cardinal ballpark take a stand.

As far as I'm aware, they do this every year.

Praise God they are still having this special day for Christians each year!

2012 Christian Day at the Ballpark

Christian Day at the Ballpark Saturday, June 30 vs. Pirates
Join us for "Christian Day at the Ballpark" on Saturday, June 30th when the Cards face the Pirates. Featured speakers Mike Matheny and Pirates Manager, Clint Hurdle, will join current and former players for this one-hour post-game outreach event. Buy Tickets trans.gif

:thumb:

Wish we had that up here in either Boston or New York, but I'm sure not many would show up.

I credit my salvation to the guy who was holding up the John 3:16 sign at the Red Sox/ Mets World Series in '86. I kept wondering what it meant then finally for some reason it occurred to me that it was a bible verse so I looked it up in my mother's old KJV bible. That was probably the first clear presentation of the gospel I ever received. They banned that sign at Shea Stadium the following season.

Up here in Philly instead we have "gay day". At least they used to. There was a big stink made several years ago because a guy had a "repent of your sins" sign at a "gay appreciation day" Phillies game.

Sad. Kind of like the banning of the John 3:16 signs.

Sunday, July 7, 2013, at 1:15

Christian Day at the ballpark in St. Louis! Miami vs. Cardinals

Guest speaker Willie Robertson

Christian players (and perhaps others) will participate in the post-game events.

I credit my salvation to the guy who was holding up the John 3:16 sign at the Red Sox/ Mets World Series in '86. I kept wondering what it meant then finally for some reason it occurred to me that it was a bible verse so I looked it up in my mother's old KJV bible. That was probably the first clear presentation of the gospel I ever received. They banned that sign at Shea Stadium the following season.

I know I'm late to the party here, but thanks for sharing that as that is awesome. Finally I hear some good news about the 86 World Series. :)

Up here in Philly instead we have "gay day". At least they used to. There was a big stink made several years ago because a guy had a "repent of your sins" sign at a "gay appreciation day" Phillies game.

In all fairness, the Phillies have had similar "Christian Day" promotions in the past, too.

I remember hearing Brad Lidge give his testimony.

Edited by Auburn88