• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I got a poem about the Lord's coming

• Members

I:

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24.21)

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16.33)

Same event? really??

• Members

I:

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24.21)

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16.33)

Same event? really??

Christians suffer tribulation at the hands of the ungodly.

The Jews who rejected Jesus & the Gospel throughout the 40 years suffered the Great Tribulation . (Mat. 24)

All the wicked will suffer the tribulation of hell. (2 Thes. 1)

• Members

I:

Same event? really??

In the wars of 66-70AD the tribulation was " such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." not in intensity, but in type, There was no rebelionin which the invader was concerned to save the city and the temple and pleaded with the rebels to returtn to constitutional government. There was never a war where in facing a siege there was a civil war with 3 factions fighting each other and ignoring the enemy.

The Romans were the legal government of the country.

• Members

In the wars of 66-70AD the tribulation was " such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." not in intensity, but in type, There was no rebelionin which the invader was concerned to save the city and the temple and pleaded with the rebels to returtn to constitutional government. There was never a war where in facing a siege there was a civil war with 3 factions fighting each other and ignoring the enemy.

The Romans were the legal government of the country.

I:

Okay, then. I posted a poem, which I liked.

If your interpretation of 'such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be' is what you have just said, then there's no point in me even trying to interact further. Sorry.

• Members

I:

Okay, then. I posted a poem, which I liked.

If your interpretation of 'such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be' is what you have just said, then there's no point in me even trying to interact further. Sorry.

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.