• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Messed up Priorities

• Members

Besides, I think you missed the point I was making - That many of us IFB's are very arrogant in our assurance of what is right or wrong or "biblically correct" and that ofttimes it's based on individuals interpretations that the rest just follow - let us all be as the Bereans and question the motives behind some "rules" and "traditions" - If it's in the bible - then by all means obey - but it must be in context and backed by the rest of the Word.

Arrogant, that what those who do not like what the Scriptures says to those that truly obey them, most of the time they're probably the arrogant ones.

They think because I refuse to join in with them in worship services, setting aside what the Bible teaches, that I'm being arrogant. The truth is if they will not follow what the Bible states, that is obey God, I'm to separate from them, & because of that they call us arrogant.

If they want to use that word towards me, so be it, its their choice, & if they will not listen to the truth, again, that is their choice, & I have done my part. But if I put the Holy Scriptures aside, join in with them, them I'm consenting, that is apporving of thier fales ways.

Once, on another messaged board several years back, a RCC member told me I was arrogant, simply because I would not accept the beliefs & practices of the RCC. If I has submitted unto him, & the RRC, he would not have called me arrogant, he would have called me pleasant, pleasing, but he hated it that I was pointing where he was wrong.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

So what is Biblical?
Clearly the Bible teaches not to be drunk, but does it say not to drink alcohol?
What does the Bible teach about smoking? (Besides all the jokes people have :) )
Now that science puts sugar in with cocaine, is sugar popping anti-Biblical?
And what I really want to know - Since this planet will be melted, is Congress going to consider that in Global Warming legislation?

• Members

Ro 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

One thing for sure, if you have any doubt, don't do it, for doing so with doubt is sin.

Yet, most modern day professing Christians feels its OK to do anything, even if there is doubt in their mind. Also many never consider this verse.

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

• Members

Ro 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

One thing for sure, if you have any doubt, don't do it, for doing so with doubt is sin.

Yet, most modern day professing Christians feels its OK to do anything, even if there is doubt in their mind. Also many never consider this verse.

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

That's why it's becoming ever more common to see professing Christians with tattoos (often what they call "Christian tattoos), smoking, drinking beer, going to R rated movies, meeting friends and family at a bar or bar and grill, dressing like the world no matter how immodest, cussing, egaging in sex before marriage, shacking up, divorcing for selfish reasons, etc.

While in times past a Christian might be heard to boast of how his pastor really preaches the whole Word of God, today it's just as likely to hear professing Christians boast that their pastor isn't really like a pastor, more like a "regular guy". It's more common to hear about the fun or entertainment at their church than much about preaching.

• Members

That's why it's becoming ever more common to see professing Christians with tattoos (often what they call "Christian tattoos), smoking, drinking beer, going to R rated movies, meeting friends and family at a bar or bar and grill, dressing like the world no matter how immodest, cussing, egaging in sex before marriage, shacking up, divorcing for selfish reasons, etc.

While in times past a Christian might be heard to boast of how his pastor really preaches the whole Word of God, today it's just as likely to hear professing Christians boast that their pastor isn't really like a pastor, more like a "regular guy". It's more common to hear about the fun or entertainment at their church than much about preaching.

So, true.

Ever stand on the front porch after church, watch the people, and listen to the conversations around you?

And that's after a message from the pulpit that should have put everyone on their knees.

• Members

So, true.

Ever stand on the front porch after church, watch the people, and listen to the conversations around you?

And that's after a message from the pulpit that should have put everyone on their knees.

Like watching so many rush from church to get to their beer and ballgames, backyard booze and BBQ, or out to eat and spend the rest of the day shopping.

• Members

So, true.

Agreed.....many are one personality while inside the church doors, and a whole different personality once outside of church (and that's just wrong).

• Members

Agreed.....many are one personality while inside the church doors, and a whole different personality once outside of church (and that's just wrong).

Such as the women who attend church looking and acting proper but when seen outside church they are dressed like the world and acting like the world. The same for many men who have no problem cussing it up outside church and acting like their lost friends.

• Members

Such as the women who attend church looking and acting proper but when seen outside church they are dressed like the world and acting like the world. The same for many men who have no problem cussing it up outside church and acting like their lost friends.

Yes sir, including those who defend acting like their lost friends in order to "reach" them.

• Members

Yes sir, including those who defend acting like their lost friends in order to "reach" them.

Years ago I had some Christian friends like that. Eventually I had to separate from them because, as Scripture warns, they were becoming more and more like their lost friends with no signs of their lost friends having any interest in Christ at all.