• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Weekly Address from President Elect Barack Obama-- 12-06-08

• Administrators
Yes, he is good at staging....so was Reagan.

I find it refreshing that Obama is using the media to keep people informed. It is a nice change from Bush who rarely used the media. Reagan and Clinton both used the media extensively to keep people informed, and I think that is a good thing, and why they were largely popular. Obama is the same way. He is using media, keeping people informed, and will be well liked by many people as a result.

he is not exercising any power that previous presidents have not exercised before they took office...a good strong transition team is needed so that when the official transfer of power happens, there is not a lag.

Like or dislike his policies, his transition team is doing an extraordianry job....or again, perhaps he is just keeping us more informed about the great job they are doing.

No President could have gotten us out of the Depression....the fault of FDR was in not pumping enough into the economy to resucue it. That took a world war....something I do not want....to bring the US out of the depression. Only then could the US government spend unlimited money to revive the economy.

Actually, FDR's social programs inhibited recovery from the depression. Whenever a people depend on the government to dig them out, there is problem. Obama is one of the people who helped manouver us into this mess. He's only going to dig us deeper, unless some of those people he's chosen have wiser heads.

I believe he is using the media to keep himself in the minds of people - because celebrity palls if the star isn't in the limelight. Maybe he will keep people informed...but there are too many things he's disingenious about for me to trust him.

Yes, Reagan used the media. But he had the grace to allow Carter his last few months in office without Reagan trying to make himself seem more important. Reagan didn't create the "office of the president-elect" - BO did.

As I've said before, I sure hope I'm wrong. America will truly be changed once he's done as POTUS - but I don't think it will be a change we like...

• Members
....the fault of FDR was in not pumping enough into the economy to resucue it. That took a world war....something I do not want....to bring the US out of the depression. Only then could the US government spend unlimited money to revive the economy.

How do you solve the problem of inflation with more inflation and the problem of over-spending with more spending?!? Fight fire with fire?

• Members

Don't judge Obama, and what he is now doing, for when he is in that office, in charge of this country, it will be a complete different game.

Seems to me right now his effort is to try and make our president look as bad as he can, perhaps even trying to undermined him.

At present time he ought to be quite, working behind the scene to be ready to take over come 20th January. His day to be at the forefront is not here, but yet he is trying to steal the forefront like no other president in history has. Like others have said, this only shows his arrogance, it will probably wax worse.