• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kids bringing various Bible versions

• Members

I teach a children's class on Wednesday night. Formerly, I would give the kids points for various things like bringing their Bible, bringing a vistor, etc. I stopped doing this eventually, though, because it seemed that each kid brought a different Bible version and when we would read it would be so confusing.

I hate to not encourage them to bring their Bible, but what do you do? Many of these kids and their parents don't know to look for a KJV when they buy a Bible.

• Members

Can't you do a study on reasons why we use the King James only when they bring the Various versions? I've got my 16 dollar large print King James Bible at Kmart a few years back. So there are not hard to find . I also have other King James Bibles also that we ordered on Christianbooks websites.

• Members

I keep a stash of King James in my classroom and provide them for use to anyone who has an alternate version. If they are reading aloud and I see they have NIV or something, I'll reread in KJV and then offer the correct version. If someone needs one, we have a bunch at church that we give free for the asking. :)

• Members

I have a Paperback KJV that I got to carry to work. It was only $1 at the Dollar General Store. The print is a little on the small side but it is readable even for those with bad eyes like me. Not to be crude but I also keep one of these in my bathroom.

At $1 each you could supply the whole class with a bible to use. I would still do a lesson on WHY the KJV is important though.

• Members

Yes I like to keep a stash of Bibles in the classroom for children that brings another version. These children don't know any better and they aren't informed. When my husband and I have children they are going to be required to have a King James Bible and make that the Bible they read. I will tell them the other versions are just books. I don't like the NIV myself .

• Administrators

I second the idea of giving Bibles...even kids who own a Bible love to get more. Maybe do a faithfulness contest - everyone who comes for a certain number of weeks receives a special class Bible. In that Bible cover, sign your name, with a message to the child, and a favorite verse.

Teaching a class on the reasons for the KJV would actually depend on the age of the kids. Maybe you could approach your pastor about this issue? The real root is the parents, and if kids go home and tell their parents they are sinning because of their version, it could cause trouble that could possibly be avoided if your pastor is clued in.

• Members

How confusing it must be to have children in a Bible class, and have them read from their Bibles and there is several different versions read from.

1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion..."

Only man causes confusion, and he is very good at doing so.

• Members

I teach this class at my church.
Thank you all for the great ideas. I really appreciate it. I love the idea of giving out the special class Bible.
Just a couple weeks ago, one of my regulars got a pretty new Bible for her birthday. I looked at it and was dismayed to find it was an "International Children's Bible" version. I mean, who ever even heard of that one?!
Bro. Jerry, I agree with you about the confusion. What a great plan Satan had on this issue.

• Members

How confusing it must be to have children in a Bible class, and have them read from their Bibles and there is several different versions read from.

1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion..."

Only man causes confusion, and he is very good at doing so.

I couldn't have said it better. I teach a Children's class and what typically happens is that when you read from the Bible, the children will say "mine says this" and "mine says this". It is confusing. We have several Bibles for those that don't bring theirs, but I think it would be good to hand them out so that we all are reading the same verses. I can't think of another book where it has been rewritten so many times........In man's attempt to clarify things, he's only made it more confusing......this happens a lot when we as humans try to change what God has given us.

• Members

Unfortunately, many parents believe the lies that have been so heavily spread about the KJB and think their children couldn't possibly read or understand it.

Our church gives Bibles to the children who complete first grade Sunday school and we have plenty on hand for anyone else who needs one.

• Members

Yes John I agree, when I was pretty new to the King James Bible. It took me only 5 weeks to learn it and to get used to it. I was raised on Good News Bible, NIV, New King James and I was suggested to get the NLT which I still use on occasion for modern understanding however, I do know what each verse means and depending on each issue I know the meaning of it .

• Members

I couldn't have said it better. I teach a Children's class and what typically happens is that when you read from the Bible, the children will say "mine says this" and "mine says this". It is confusing. We have several Bibles for those that don't bring theirs, but I think it would be good to hand them out so that we all are reading the same verses. I can't think of another book where it has been rewritten so many times........In man's attempt to clarify things, he's only made it more confusing......this happens a lot when we as humans try to change what God has given us.

You know, those people that come up with new versions have an agenda, to try and make the new version teach what they believe.

• Members

You know, those people that come up with new versions have an agenda, to try and make the new version teach what they believe.

That's a fact most people don't know. The average professing Christian only hears of the "need for easier to read versions" and perhaps the "need for more accurate" versions. Most have no idea why new versions were really put together and who actually put them together.

The Enemy uses all these different versions, which are not in agreement, to discredit the Bible actually being the Word of God and to discredit Christianity itself. Muslims especially love to attack the point of there being many Bible versions.