• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[Movie] Sheffey

• Members

I just watched this last night. It was a very good movie about an apalachian circuit preacher named Robert Sheffey. I loved this movie and feel it has something for everyone. This is an older movie that was made by Bob Jones university. I believe it was based on a book titled "A saint in the wilderness" or it might have been "Saints in the wilderness".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've always like that movie. When I was very young they would play the movie on a large screen at the Greer Baptist Campmeeting (not too far from BJU) on July 4th because the [then] moderator of the camp meeting was Billy Kelly who played the still owner in Sheffey. That brings back some good memories. :) BJU also just put out a new movie called "Milltown Pride". I haven't seen it, but have heard it's really really good.

• Members

I've always wondered why this movie seems to cost more than most of the other movies? Sheffey is usually about 20 dollars in most places I've looked, while most other movies are less expensive by several dollars. Any ideas?

Maybe they are charging for quality?
No seriously its probably because it is an older movie and not something that is stocked in great amounts due to low demand, so the sellers mode of thinking is if you want it pay me for it sitting here.

• Members

Maybe they are charging for quality?
No seriously its probably because it is an older movie and not something that is stocked in great amounts due to low demand, so the sellers mode of thinking is if you want it pay me for it sitting here.

I've wondered if that might be the case. I've noticed while browsing that end-times movies such as the Left Behind movies are far less expensive than the old "Thief in the Night" series.