• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ron Paul: I Would Not Have Ordered Bin Laden Raid

• Members
Ron Paul: I Would Not Have Ordered Bin Laden Raid

It was absolutely not necessary," Paul said of the May 1 CIA-led Navy SEALs raid.
The Texas congressman questioned whether Obama could have gotten away with the operation if Usama bin Laden had been in a country other than Pakistan.

"What if he had been in a hotel in London?" Paul said on Newsradio 1040 WHO. "So would we have sent the ... helicopters into London because they were afraid the information would get out? No, you don't want to do that."

Paul said the United States should have gone after bin Laden the same way it went after Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, architect of the Sept. 11 attacks, by working with the Pakistan government.

"They arrested him, actually, and turned him over to us," Paul said, suggesting the same formula should have applied to bin Laden."

Sorry, I did not put the link in, so I edited to enter the link to the article.

Mr. Paul is 100% right, and many will not like it, for they wanted vengeance, not justice, plus they think this country has the right to do as it please when it pleases, and that this country does not have to obey the laws set up by other countries, especially smaller countries. Edited by Jerry80871852

• Members

I agree that Ron Paul is right.

From all the reports, it seems that Pakistani troops could have carried out the attack successfully.

Will the SEALs operation increase the hatred exerted against Pakistani Christians? A Pakistani operation might not.

• Members

It seems many of my fellow Americans, and fellow Christians, disagree 100% with Mr. Paul. And it seems many of them celebrated that event in Pakistan, some even taking openly to the streets.

I believe it will cause much turmoil in Pakistan, seems to have started.

Blast Kills 80

And of course it will increase hate for America.

• Members

Who is Ron Paul? It would not have happened that way in London because they have leaders with a little sense!

Ron Paul is only a politician, like it or not, and he will go where he thinks the humnnist is going.

Edited by irishman

• Members

Who is Ron Paul? It would not have happened that way in London because they have leaders with a little sense!

Ron Paul is only a politician, like it or not, and he will go where he thinks the humnnist is going.

The difference is, we would honor their law.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So what would have happened if Bin Laden had been in London.

We would have arrested him and US would have applied for extradition. There would have been a long court case, costing millions, and extradition would have been refused as we do not extradite people to a country where they are likely to face the death penalty, or torture.

Then we would have had to try him here, if he had broken any UK law, and if found not guilty, or not found to have broken any UK laws would have been freed, because we cannot put suspects away, even if the security services have information that they are a danger to our country, but which they cannot disclose in court.

That is as I understand it.

• Members

So what would have happened if Bin Laden had been in London.

We would have arrested him and US would have applied for extradition. There would have been a long court case, costing millions, and extradition would have been refused as we do not extradite people to a country where they are likely to face the death penalty, or torture.

Then we would have had to try him here, if he had broken any UK law, and if found not guilty, or not found to have broken any UK laws would have been freed, because we cannot put suspects away, even if the security services have information that they are a danger to our country, but which they cannot disclose in court.

That is as I understand it.

America would have promised not to torture or execute him in order to have him extradited. It's also possible Osama may have suffered an arranged "suicide" in order to simplify things.

• Members

Instant justices, is what some want. Years ago they did things that way, but many saw that it was wrong, and our laws protect the most vile criminals, no matter what the crime is, and we prosecute those who takes justices into their own hands, yet our elected officials gets away with it. One day it will be an every day occurrence and it will be legal.

Yes, another step in taking rights away from everyone.