• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture - May 21st, 2011

Finally made it to our local "tin can" evening news channel. I'm sorry to hear there are atheists making light of God and His word as a result. Personally, I would prefer tonight.

• Members
The only mention I've seen or heard in England is a note on the BBC web site.
'Rapture' apocalypse prediction sparks atheist reaction

US atheists are to hold parties in response to an evangelical broadcaster's prediction that Saturday will be "judgement day".

The Rapture After Party in North Carolina - is among the planned events.

Have you folk made arrangements for your pets?
An atheist and entrepreneur from North Hampshire, Bart Centre, is enjoying a boost in business for Eternal Earth-bound Pets, which he set up to look after the pets of those who believe they will be raptured.

He has more than 250 clients who are paying up to $135 (£83) to have their pets picked up and cared for after the rapture.

They would be disappointed twice, he told the Wall Street Journal. "Once because they weren't raptured and again because I don't do refunds."

They need to be reminded of this Scripture:
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Edited by moderator for content

• Members

Sickening.

Its beyond sickening. This world is in tragic shape.
Still I wonder how mr. atheist entrepenuer will feel though when the rapure really does come.
He is going to be stuck with more puppies and kittes thatn he can take care of, and the awful
cold realization of what he threw away. This sick sinking sensation of haveing ridiculed and
laughed at a Lord he should have revered and worshiped. I feel so sorry for these folks.
On one hand i want to pray Lord come quickly. On the other I want to pray Lord please stay your hand
and give them just one more chance.

• Members

This is not an argument about dispensations or CT. They are last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

They are presuming on the grace of God: 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 ¶ But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

• Members

The radio reported this morning that several of those that attend his church and listen to him on the radio had drained their savings accounts, given away all their stuff, signed over their homes and cars to others, spent much time warning everyone they met of the coming rapture on the 21st...and now they are still here, broke, homeless, disillusioned.

One truck driver drove across the country to await the rapture in front of Camping's church. He says he didn't really think it would happen, but since he loves God he decided to drive across the country to the church anyway.

As one pastor so rightly proclaimed, "If people would just read the Bible, they would not be deceived by such things."