• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you believe our government should be in that assassinating business?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe our government should be in that assassinating business?

• Yes
    • No
    • It Depends
    • I'm not sure

• Administrators

Actually, John, you're wrong on that. Congress gave Dubya permission to go into the countries that harbor terrorism...and that's what the Constitution requires. Many people try to split hairs and say that their authorization wasn't a declaration of war. But that is really just semantics. They authorized the POTUS to do what he did. An argument for either side could be made.

Libya, however, is 100% unconstitutional.

• Members

I've got some questions.

Was not world war 2 about protecting this country after having been attacked by a Japan at Pearl Harbor? That is we declared war only after we were attacked.

Did Iraq as a country attack America? Did Iraq's leader have any part in the day of 911?

Since World War 2 have we declared war on anyone who 1st attacked up? That is have we declared war in order to protect America?

Is there honor in declaring war against a country that has not 1st attacked, provoked, you?

• Members

We were attacked by terrorists. And we answered that attack.

So, when someone strikes you, you hit back, it matters not who hit you, you just pick out someone, them strike them, take them out?

Yes, we answered back, and the consequences has not bee good, it seems to have fueled war, civil unrest, all over that part of the world, plus even more hate for our country.

After this latest happening, it seems our country had done several unwise things, including the latest happening, because of the way it turned out.

• Members

there have always been "innocent" civilians that were hurt by war, it is just a fact that there will be. As for the Constitutional declaration, Vietnam was considered a "conflict" and not necessarily a war, but the results were the same.

All those countries who are angry at America hated us in the first place! Castro has mouthed off again, and yet, it might be good if he were assassinated!

We went to Vietnam for the sake of liberty, and because France was our allies, though we gave up the conflict, our motives were good, as far as man is concerned. of course there is wickedness in war and in politics, but America was born out of rebellion in the first place. We are still the country that immigrants seek out because they feel they are better off here than elsewhere.

No jerry. everyone that totes the banner of the U.S. isn't putting it above the Lord, but giving our country its due. I am appalled that so many people live here and enjoy the freedom (such as it is) and complain so harshly about the status quo. i have lost a lot respect for some. Perhaps if we lived in a country with less freedom, we would appreciate America a bit more. We have been spoiled by so much freedom.

No. she is not perfect, we all know that, and far from it, but it's still the best thing out there!

Edited by irishman

• Administrators

there have always been "innocent" civilians that were hurt by war, it is just a fact that there will be. As for the Constitutional declaration, Vietnam was considered a "conflict" and not necessarily a war, but the results were the same.

All those countries who are angry at America hated us in the first place! Castro has mouthed off again, and yet, it might be good if he were assassinated!

We went to Vietnam for the sake of liberty, and because France was our allies, though we gave up the conflict, our motives were good, as far as man is concerned. of course there is wickedness in war and in politics, but America was born out of rebellion in the first place. We are still the country that immigrants seek out because they feel they are better off here than elsewhere.

No jerry. everyone that totes the banner of the U.S. isn't putting it above the Lord, but giving our country its due. I am appalled that so many people live here and enjoy the freedom (such as it is) and complain so harshly about the status quo. i have lost a lot respect for some. Perhaps if we lived in a country with less freedom, we would appreciate America a bit more.

No. she is not perfect, we all know that, and far from it, but it's still the best thing out there!

Thank you, irishman!!! You said it well. :amen:

Jerry8, you need to stop confusing what I do personally with the responsibility of our government. But know this: if someone came into my home to do to me or my family what ObL did (had done) to this country, the only way I would turn the other cheek would be as I was reaching for my gun. If you want to make something of that, and wrongly claim it isn't Biblical, go for it.

• Members
So, when someone strikes you, you hit back, it matters not who hit you, you just pick out someone, them strike them, take them out?

Yes, we answered back, and the consequences has not bee good, it seems to have fueled war, civil unrest, all over that part of the world, plus even more hate for our country.

After this latest happening, it seems our country had done several unwise things, including the latest happening, because of the way it turned out.

Are you seriously saying that the United States should NOT have responded militarily to 9/11???????????????????????????

• Members

I'm saying that our country does not have the authority to assassinate anyone. They're under laws just as we are. We do not have a dictator.

No one has the authority to murder.

Now, if some one has done wrong, and they're in pursuit of them, they resist arrest shotting at them, that is different. But just outright killing them NO WAY!

The American way, the way all of us godly people believed and stood for, is that everyone deserves their day in court, no matter who they are and are accused of.

You mean y'all thinks its OK for the officer of the law, or even a solider of this country, to find the accused, and or the enemy, them shoot him on the spot, even if he is unarmed?

• Members

Are you seriously saying that the United States should NOT have responded militarily to 9/11???????????????????????????

I'll say that B)

Luke 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luke 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luke 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save [them]. And they went to another village.

Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Jas 4:1 From whence [come] wars and fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.
Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Jas 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
Jas 4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
Jas 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
Jas 4:14 Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Jas 4:15 For that ye [ought] to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Jas 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

2Cor 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Cor 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

2Tim 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2Tim 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
2Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2Tim 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [this] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Matt 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Matt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matt 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have [thy] cloke also.
Matt 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Matt 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Matt 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Matt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matt 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Matt 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Matt 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so?
Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matt 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matt 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Matt 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Matt 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matt 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Matt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

1Thess 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all [men].
1Thess 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any [man]; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all [men].

1Pet 3:8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:
1Pet 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
1Pet 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
1Pet 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pet 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil.
1Pet 3:13 And who [is] he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
1Pet 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy [are ye]: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
1Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pet 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
1Pet 3:17 For [it is] better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
1Pet 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pet 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1Pet 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Matt 26:51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out [his] hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.
Matt 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Matt 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Matt 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

John 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
John 18:11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Exod 2:11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
Exod 2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that [there was] no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
Exod 2:13 And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
Exod 2:14 And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.

America was extremely hypocritical in going to war over 9/11 when (I've heard) around the same amount of people were killed legally in the US that day through abortion. You say then we should have done nothing?!! No I never said that. What should America have done then? If anything add defenses and security measures so it wouldn't happen again. Save money (We probably would be alot less in debt if we didn't go to war). Also I'm sure more people have died through this war than in the actual event which helped cause it. Probably Innocent people as well..

Ps 94:1 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
Ps 94:2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.
Ps 94:3 LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?
Ps 94:4 [How long] shall they utter [and] speak hard things? [and] all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?
Ps 94:5 They break in pieces thy people, O LORD, and afflict thine heritage.
Ps 94:6 They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.
Ps 94:7 Yet they say, The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard [it].
Ps 94:8 Understand, ye brutish among the people: and [ye] fools, when will ye be wise?
Ps 94:9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
Ps 94:10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, [shall not he know]?
Ps 94:11 The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they [are] vanity.
Ps 94:12 Blessed [is] the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Ps 94:13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
Ps 94:14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
Ps 94:15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
Ps 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? [or] who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
Ps 94:17 Unless the LORD [had been] my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
Ps 94:18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
Ps 94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
Ps 94:20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?
Ps 94:21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
Ps 94:22 But the LORD is my defence; and my God [is] the rock of my refuge.
Ps 94:23 And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; [yea], the LORD our God shall cut them off.

(Exod 20:13 [KJV])
Thou shalt not kill.

• Members

In military matters there's nothing wrong with killing an unarmed enemy. Ehud did it in the Old Testament, was he wrong?

Murder is not the same a killing someone in war. I know there have been abuses of this principle, just like there is with plenty of other principles.

• Members

Just briefly looking over Judges..

(Judg 3:15 [KJV])
But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.

It seems the Lord raised him up, I didn't find much more information than that.

I believe a Christian under the law of the Spirit of life shouldn't kill.

Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Prayer and love should be our "weapons", if the Lord wants to raise up a deliver like Ehud as an answer of prayer, according to his own will. Then the judgement is in the right place and not in the hands of men.

I believe below are some scriptures from which we can discern the matter of war.

2Sam 5:23 And when David enquired of the LORD, he said, Thou shalt not go up; [but] fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.
2Sam 5:24 And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.

1Sam 23:2 Therefore David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go and smite these Philistines? And the LORD said unto David, Go, and smite the Philistines, and save Keilah.

1Chr 14:10 And David enquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines? and wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto him, Go up; for I will deliver them into thine hand.

1Sam 24:9 And David said to Saul, Wherefore hearest thou men's words, saying, Behold, David seeketh thy hurt?
1Sam 24:10 Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the LORD had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and [some] bade [me] kill thee: but [mine eye] spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he [is] the LORD'S anointed.
1Sam 24:11 Moreover, my father, see, yea, see the skirt of thy robe in my hand: for in that I cut off the skirt of thy robe, and killed thee not, know thou and see that [there is] neither evil nor transgression in mine hand, and I have not sinned against thee; yet thou huntest my soul to take it.
1Sam 24:12 The LORD judge between me and thee, and the LORD avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.
1Sam 24:13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
1John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
1John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.
1John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1John 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Deut 1:1 These [be] the words which Moses spake unto all Israel on this side Jordan in the wilderness, in the plain over against the Red [sea], between Paran, and Tophel, and Laban, and Hazeroth, and Dizahab.
Deut 1:2 ([There are] eleven days' [journey] from Horeb by the way of mount Seir unto Kadeshbarnea.)
Deut 1:3 And it came to pass in the fortieth year, in the eleventh month, on the first [day] of the month, [that] Moses spake unto the children of Israel, according unto all that the LORD had given him in commandment unto them;
Deut 1:4 After he had slain Sihon the king of the Amorites, which dwelt in Heshbon, and Og the king of Bashan, which dwelt at Astaroth in Edrei:
Deut 1:5 On this side Jordan, in the land of Moab, began Moses to declare this law, saying,
Deut 1:6 The LORD our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount:
Deut 1:7 Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all [the places] nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates.
Deut 1:8 Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.
Deut 1:9 And I spake unto you at that time, saying, I am not able to bear you myself alone:
Deut 1:10 The LORD your God hath multiplied you, and, behold, ye [are] this day as the stars of heaven for multitude.
Deut 1:11 (The LORD God of your fathers make you a thousand times so many more as ye [are], and bless you, as he hath promised you!)
Deut 1:12 How can I myself alone bear your cumbrance, and your burden, and your strife?
Deut 1:13 Take you wise men, and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you.
Deut 1:14 And ye answered me, and said, The thing which thou hast spoken [is] good [for us] to do.
Deut 1:15 So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes.
Deut 1:16 And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear [the causes] between your brethren, and judge righteously between [every] man and his brother, and the stranger [that is] with him.
Deut 1:17 Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; [but] ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment [is] God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring [it] unto me, and I will hear it.
Deut 1:18 And I commanded you at that time all the things which ye should do.
Deut 1:19 And when we departed from Horeb, we went through all that great and terrible wilderness, which ye saw by the way of the mountain of the Amorites, as the LORD our God commanded us; and we came to Kadeshbarnea.
Deut 1:20 And I said unto you, Ye are come unto the mountain of the Amorites, which the LORD our God doth give unto us.
Deut 1:21 Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up [and] possess [it], as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.
Deut 1:22 And ye came near unto me every one of you, and said, We will send men before us, and they shall search us out the land, and bring us word again by what way we must go up, and into what cities we shall come.
Deut 1:23 And the saying pleased me well: and I took twelve men of you, one of a tribe:
Deut 1:24 And they turned and went up into the mountain, and came unto the valley of Eshcol, and searched it out.
Deut 1:25 And they took of the fruit of the land in their hands, and brought [it] down unto us, and brought us word again, and said, [it is] a good land which the LORD our God doth give us.
Deut 1:26 Notwithstanding ye would not go up, but rebelled against the commandment of the LORD your God:
Deut 1:27 And ye murmured in your tents, and said, Because the LORD hated us, he hath brought us forth out of the land of Egypt, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us.
Deut 1:28 Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people [is] greater and taller than we; the cities [are] great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there.
Deut 1:29 Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them.
Deut 1:30 The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;
Deut 1:31 And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.
Deut 1:32 Yet in this thing ye did not believe the LORD your God,
Deut 1:33 Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents [in], in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.
Deut 1:34 And the LORD heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,
Deut 1:35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,
Deut 1:36 Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the LORD.
Deut 1:37 Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither.
Deut 1:38 [but] Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.
Deut 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.
Deut 1:40 But [as for] you, turn you, and take your journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea.
Deut 1:41 Then ye answered and said unto me, We have sinned against the LORD, we will go up and fight, according to all that the LORD our God commanded us. And when ye had girded on every man his weapons of war, ye were ready to go up into the hill.
Deut 1:42 And the LORD said unto me, Say unto them, Go not up, neither fight; for I [am] not among you; lest ye be smitten before your enemies.
Deut 1:43 So I spake unto you; and ye would not hear, but rebelled against the commandment of the LORD, and went presumptuously up into the hill.
Deut 1:44 And the Amorites, which dwelt in that mountain, came out against you, and chased you, as bees do, and destroyed you in Seir, [even] unto Hormah.
Deut 1:45 And ye returned and wept before the LORD; but the LORD would not hearken to your voice, nor give ear unto you.
Deut 1:46 So ye abode in Kadesh many days, according unto the days that ye abode [there].

Edited by Nathaniel

• Members

Actually, John, you're wrong on that. Congress gave Dubya permission to go into the countries that harbor terrorism...and that's what the Constitution requires. Many people try to split hairs and say that their authorization wasn't a declaration of war. But that is really just semantics. They authorized the POTUS to do what he did. An argument for either side could be made.

Libya, however, is 100% unconstitutional.

The Constitution requires a declaration fo war. There is no provision for the Congress to grant the president a blank check on military operations.

• Members

I've got some questions.

Was not world war 2 about protecting this country after having been attacked by a Japan at Pearl Harbor? That is we declared war only after we were attacked.

Did Iraq as a country attack America? Did Iraq's leader have any part in the day of 911?

Since World War 2 have we declared war on anyone who 1st attacked up? That is have we declared war in order to protect America?

Is there honor in declaring war against a country that has not 1st attacked, provoked, you?

Yes, America entered WWII, with a declaration of war against Japan declared by congress after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.

No, Iraq never attacked America and Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11.

There is no honour in waging war against anyone without a legal, constitutional declaration of war by congress.

• Members

No jerry. everyone that totes the banner of the U.S. isn't putting it above the Lord, but giving our country its due. I am appalled that so many people live here and enjoy the freedom (such as it is) and complain so harshly about the status quo. i have lost a lot respect for some. Perhaps if we lived in a country with less freedom, we would appreciate America a bit more. We have been spoiled by so much freedom.

You might want to recheck history. America didn't enter the war in Vietnam for the sake of liberty or because France was our ally.

Freedom in America today? Ironic when one considers that what Americans view as freedom today, the Founders would have viewed as living under tyranny.

War is war, whether lying politicians want to call it a "police action" or "conflict" in order to avoid having to obey the law.