• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Image of the bunny

• Members

What doesn't everybody have and egg laying rabbit. NOT NOT NOT.

Up from the Grave He arose, with a mighty triumph over His foes; He arose the Victor from the dark domain, And He LIVES forever with His Saints to reign, He AROSE, He AROSE, HALLELUJAH!!!!!! CHRIST AROSE!!!!!!

• Members

I noticed in a Wal-Mart they had some hollow chocolate crosses next to the hollow chocolate bunnies.

We will be celebrating Resurrection Sunday, attending our Christ-centered church, worshipping our risen Saviour and Lord.

Bunnies can be fun to watch and grown bunnies are good to eat when fried, but not to worship.

• Members
Do you participate in worshipping the image of the bunny?

I am happy to eat the chocolate images of "the bunny" and the "bunny eggs" marked down after easter, other than that no, no interest in mythological egg laying rabbits beyond their chocolate content. :wink

• Members

I'll quote myself from another thread about those who worship the bunny...

Yes, they go out today and tomorrow to worship the image of the bunny. They will perform his rituals and rights and train their children and grandchildren these are acts to be revered. Tomorrow they give lip service to the true God and Savior, thinking that their daughters in bright spring dresses and sons in suits with clip on ties is a necessity for approval among men. Afterward, they go home and load up the kids on bunny food and wonder why they act like little heathens.

Someone told me its OK because it is a Christian tradition! I said where is that in the Bible? They said hundreds of years ago "rolling eggs" was a symbol of the stone being rolled away?

So, I looked and of course it comes from...

The pre-Christian Saxons had a spring goddess Eostre, whose feast was held on the Vernal Equinox, around 21 March. Her animal was the spring hare, and the rebirth of the land in spring was symbolised by the egg. Pope Gregory the Great ordered his missionaries to use old religious sites and festivals and absorb them into Christian rituals where possible. The Christian celebration of the Resurrection of Christ was ideally suited to be merged with the Pagan feast of Eostre and many of the traditions were adopted into the Christian festivities. In England, Germany and other countries children traditionally rolled eggs down hillsides at Easter and it is thought that this may have become symbolic of the rolling away of the rock from Jesus Christ’s tomb before his resurrection. This tradition, along with others such as the Easter Bunny, were taken to the New World by European settlers.

...and so, there we have it the first seeker church was all Pope Gregory the Great's idea and nothing new-age/evolving church comes close to this deception.

• Members

Will they teach their children to be good boys and girls so that the "Great Bunny" will bring them a big batch of colored Easter Eggs along with a pretty Easter Egg basket so they could an Easter Egg hunt after worshiping God the Father and His Son Jesus?

You mean "instead of worshipping God the Father and His Son Jesus."

• Members

I like Bunnies for Spring the Easter bunnies I get at Easter time are spring bunnies. The eggs we dye are Spring Eggs. I and my husband dyed Easter Eggs a bit ago because we been going through alot the last few weeks and months and we needed something to do and fun. So we dyed some eggs. Take note that dying eggs and the easter bunny and chocolate bunnies and eggs and also crosses are a cultural thing more then attacking our real and true meaning.
I like the plastic eggs tho because you can stuff the plastic eggs with scriptures and prizes and surprises and such and more better that way if you hide them. I do still like Easter Baskets but if my husband and I are Blessed with children. They will know the Easter Baskets will be from Mommy and Daddy not the Easter Bunny.
One last thing I am going to say is that last night I was saying on facebook I was boiling eggs to dye in the morning before Church. Someone posted that I needed to get the eggs dyed the night before so the Easter Bunny can hide them by morning. I was going to say that we don't observe the Easter Bunny because that is not the true meaning of Easter. I am dying eggs because I had a rough few months.
Another thing I don't observe the Easter Bunny is because my mom's nick name is Bunny Rabbit LOL. That was her nick name in high school and her email handle has the word Bunny Rabbit in her email LOL. She used to this name for buisness type also I bet they laughed at this name for a screen name.