• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Liturgical Services

• Members

Your more than welcome to disagree.

Are you also disagreeing with this, there is only one way to be saved, its by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, its a gift? Many of those other denominations do not believe this. Most denominations teach works based salvation.

Historically the number one reason there is so many denominations is because of false teachings.

• Members

Many of those other denominations do not believe this. Most denominations teach works based salvation.

Historically the number one reason there is so many denominations is because of false teachings.

I have to agree with this because in looking at many denominations it seems most are there because of their standing with regards to certain or variations of certain false teachings. Whether they teach salvation through baptism, good works or other methods, most hold to a false teaching regarding salvation. After this, most also hold to various other false teachings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Your more than welcome to disagree.

Are you also disagreeing with this, there is only one way to be saved, its by grace though faith in Jesus, not of self, its a gift? Many of those other denominations do not believe this. Most denominations teach works based salvation.

No, of course not. It was obvious what I meant.

Have you ever been to a Evangelical Free church, or a Conservative Bible Church? Theologically they are almost identical to most Baptist denominations.

Even denominations like Church of Christ and Assembly of God, you have the theological point of beliving one can lose their salvation, but does believing that make one lost? There's a big difference between wrong and lost. I doubt any of us are dead on on everything, so let's hope our salvation isn't dependant on hving every nuance of theology correct. There's a core of beliefs that are crucial to salvation, and that's the real factor. They rest falls in to place if you are sincerely seeking Christ. I've met plenty of people saved in one denomination that then migrated to another one they reached a place where they were ready to accept the truth on some point (like once saved always saved or whether or not Baptism is required for salvation)

• Members

Have you ever been to a Evangelical Free church, or a Conservative Bible Church? Theologically they are almost identical to most Baptist denominations.

Even denominations like Church of Christ and Assembly of God, you have the theological point of beliving one can lose their salvation, but does believing that make one lost? There's a big difference between wrong and lost. I doubt any of us are dead on on everything, so let's hope our salvation isn't dependant on hving every nuance of theology correct. There's a core of beliefs that are crucial to salvation, and that's the real factor. They rest falls in to place if you are sincerely seeking Christ. I've met plenty of people saved in one denomination that then migrated to another one they reached a place where they were ready to accept the truth on some point (like once saved always saved or whether or not Baptism is required for salvation)

Actually, for some who believe they can lose their salvation they may not be saved at all because they have been taught that works is a part of salvation and Scripture is clear that salvation is a free gift of God that comes by grace through faith.

There is one way to be saved and if one adds works, baptism or anything else to that, then that's "another gospel", which Scritpure declares is no gospel at all.

• Members

The path they teach to have salvation is false, that is enough reason to stay away from them. And of course, you can't lose what you don't have.