• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What about this idea?

• Members

Just wanted to bounce this idea off some of you more spiritual people. We have a Bible club on Sunday afternoon for the neighborhood kids here in Pukekohe. So we have been talking about making some club shirts for the regular kids as a reward. I had one of our regulars here with my gang the other day and we threw some ideas around. Before I give what we came up with you should know something about our neighborhood. We live in a a neighborhood that is primarily Maori (native New Zealanders) so most of our Bible kids are Maori. We also live in the shadow of a large Mormon debacle (they say church, we say debacle), literally it is what I see out my front door. Also two blocks back the other direction is a Jehovah's False Witnesses hall.

Now most of the Maori in our neighborhood are baptized in the Mormon debacle with a few in that other cult. So here is what we are thinking about putting on the club shirts.

On the front a simple Independent Baptist Chruch with Bible Club underneath.

On the back something like this.
If you think GOD was once a man?
You don’t knowJESUS!

If you think JESUS was once an angel?
You don’t know GOD!

What do you think?

Edited by Ted Snyder

• Members

Just wanted to bounce this idea off some of you more spiritual people. We have a Bible club on Sunday afternoon for the neighborhood kids here in Pukekohe. So we have been talking about making some club shirts for the regular kids as a reward. I had one of our regulars here with my gang the other day and we through so ideas around. Before I give what we came up with you should know something about our neighborhood. We live in a a neighborhood that is primarily Maori (native New Zealanders) so most of our Bible kids are Maori. We also live in the shadow of a large Mormon debacle (they say church, we say debacle), literally it is what I see out my front door. Also two blocks back the other direction is a Jehovah's False Witnesses hall.

Now most of the Maori in our neighborhood are baptized in the Mormon debacle with a few in that other cult. So here is what we are thinking about putting on the club shirts.

On the front a simple Independent Baptist Chruch with Bible Club underneath.

On the back something like this.
If you think GOD was once a man?
You don’t knowJESUS!

If you think JESUS was once an angel?
You don’t know GOD!

What do yo think?

Ted,
I think Matt is right about too much to read.
Let me think about it and get back to you.

Also, I'm praying for you and your family daily.
We enjoy the updates...I'll send you an email to get on your distribution.

• Members

Maybe these two aren't exactly Mormon-Witness beaters but may help generate other thoughts...

God and Jesus
created men and angels.
Learn more at Bible Club.

OR

God, never a man.
Jesus, never an angel.
Learn more at Bible Club.

I'm tired...that is my attempt at alternatives...trying to reduce word count.

• Members

I thought Mormons believes that Jesus was a man that became good enough to become a God.

You're correct Jerry, but they believe the same thing about God the Father and all of his predecessors.

And if you join up with them you may become a god some day too.
I don't recommend it though. Edited by Ted Snyder

• Members

No, not me, a sister I found in the early 90's tired to tell me about the good old Mormons. Even sent me a Mormon Bible, I studied it a bit finding out some of the junk they teach. They do not even know the God of the Bible nor do they know the Jesus of the Bible.

• Members

You can go after both groups with this line:

"There's only one God - and His name is Jesus."

Actually both of those wicked cults would agree with that statement. They would just twist the words to mean what they want them to mean. They both say there is only one God and they both agree that Jesus is God. They are great Liars, Deceivers and Seducers.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...