• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

20/20 "Investigative Report" on IFB Churches

• Members

Has anyone seen this "expose" on IFB churches? The link below will take you to the ABC television station web site where you can watch the entire episode. It apparently aired on television Friday night, and some people in my church shared the link with me. This program was discussed during services today because it is a very negative portrayal of IFB churches as a whole, even though most of the program focuses on one young woman's experience which was anything but typical.

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55121488/2020-48-victims-forced-confession

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men." (1 Corinthians 1:18-25)

• Members

Funny, we both posted about this at the same time. :)

Mine is open to the general members so I'll leave this one for now in case someone only want to discuss this with IFB's.

Brother Matt, I am *so very sorry*. I didn't know you had posted on the same subject. I wasn't quite sure where to post it, so I posted it here. If you think it is best, please feel free to delete this. I don't want to cause confusion or cross posts. I do apologize for double posting. I looked to see if anyone had posted about it, but I probably should have checked with you first.

Please feel free to delete this topic if you think it will cause confusion.

• 3 weeks later...