• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

May I add, the owner of this site ask that anyone posting on this forum, if they're going to use & post Bible verses, to use only the KJ Bible.

I'm not posting this to anyone person. I post it only because this subject came up under this topic, & some may not be aware of this & they may want to click on to the Regarding the KJB above.

• Members

^_^ I also use the KJV, the Amplified, the NASB and the ESV

I use all those except the Amplified plus I use the RST (Russian Synodal Translation), but on this forum, we're only allowed to quote the KJV. All posts containing any other version are frowned upon unless you are tearing that version down in your post. While I respect that rule here, I do find "do not quote any other version [unless to show how bad it is]" attitude a little odd. KJV is my favorite and the finest translation ever made, in my opinion. I just find the KJVO rule a little far where discussion of other versions is banned as though there is fear of them.

• Members
Thanks Rick... ^_^ Funny...Swathdiver included KJV as worse than the NKJV

Error on my part. Early post makes clear I support the King James Version.

I just find the KJVO rule a little far where discussion of other versions is banned as though there is fear of them.

Not fear, separation. Those versions are corrupt garbage. That's why they were found in the garbage. Written by heathens who denied the Trinity, the death and resurrection of Christ and a host of other things. Liberals can't seem to stay away from these devilish manuscripts.

• Members

Not fear, separation. Those versions are corrupt garbage. That's why they were found in the garbage. Written by heathens who denied the Trinity, the death and resurrection of Christ and a host of other things. Liberals can't seem to stay away from these devilish manuscripts.

Before I ever read the KJV, I grew up reading the Russian RST, which is based on the same manuscripts as the KJV. After reading the KJV, I instantly liked it far more than the RST. Even though they are both translated from the same manuscripts, the KJV is a much better translation. However, there are a few verses here and there which are translated better in the RST. They are truer to the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts and make more sense contextually. It is because of this I cannot buy the notion that only one translation is perfect. One may be the best ever made in any language, but it cannot be perfect if some have passages which are better translated. It's like calling red green; it just isn't. It may be a very rich and beautiful red, but it isn't green. I agree with you that the new translations leave a lot of things out that are part of God's word and should not be removed, but I use the other versions because there are some places which are translated well and while it is good to warn of the omissions it still is good to give credit where it's due. I respect the position here on this issue, but I just cannot agree with it because I cannot believe that a translation is perfect having grown up reading the Bible in two languages (Russian being closer to Greek, btw). Even if I wanted to believe it, the evidence I have seen just doesn't let me. That does not mean I endorse tampering with God's word. It's not an either-or situation. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

Either way, the KJV does not say "and there shall be a rapture before the seven year tribulation" anywhere. It talks about us being caught up at the resurrection at Jesus' second coming.

• Members

Thanks!

7 reasons for an invented concept & 7 "raptures"??
Nonsense - Scripture teaches "there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust."
"28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

The moment we use a Scriptural word the whole concept of multiple "raptures" is seen to be fictitious.

• Members

7 reasons for an invented concept & 7 "raptures"??
Nonsense - Scripture teaches "there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust."
"28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

The moment we use a Scriptural word the whole concept of multiple "raptures" is seen to be fictitious.

Lions and tigers and raptures, oh my! Don't use the word rapture!

What else do you call Enoch? HE WASN'T DEAD WHEN HE WENT UP.

What else do you call Elijah? HE WASN'T DEAD WHEN HE WENT UP.

What else do you call the "we which are alive and remain"? THEY ARE NOT DEAD WHEN THEY GO UP.

I'm so very sorry that the word "rapture" is such an offensive word, please tell me, what word should I use to describe these events THAT ARE NOT resurrections? Nobody is dead in these three scenarios!

I think I'll just go right on calling them what the best soul-winners and preachers of the 20th and 21st century have called them: raptures. Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members

What else do you call the "we which are alive and remain"? THEY ARE NOT DEAD WHEN THEY GO UP.

I'm so very sorry that the word "rapture" is such an offensive word, please tell me, what word should I use to describe these events THAT ARE NOT resurrections? Nobody is dead in these three scenarios!

I think I'll just go right on calling them what the best soul-winners and preachers of the 20th and 21st century have called them: raptures.

Sometimes terms becoming sticking points in discussions, such as we've seen with the discussions regarding whether or not there is a "universal church" (some like to say "invisible church") or not. Then we get hung up over the terms and meanings of terms and the actual point gets lost.

That said, I'll be clear here that I have no problem with the terms being used in this thread, whether one uses rapture or resurrection, because so far I've been able to tell by the context what is being referred to.

• Members

I think I'll just go right on calling them what the best soul-winners and preachers of the 20th and 21st century have called them: raptures.

Those that use the word gather, gathering, are proclaiming the same thing as those that use the word rapture. I do not understand their objection.

Unless!

They be of those that have to say things their way, & have to have things their way, while they detest those who would dare state the same thing as they do, yet use different words explaining it.

I would think there's other things of much more importance to use their energy, efforts, on, rather than put down those that say the same thing they do just using different word or words.

• Members

The reason we don't use the word rapture to label the event is because the bible already has a name for the event: the resurrection. Sure, those who are still alive will be caught up along with those who are resurrected at that same event, but it already has a name. The reason dispensationalists use the word rapture to label the event is because they believe it is a separate event from the biblical resurrection+rapture because it happens 7 years prior to the resurrection. When we deny a rapture, what we are denying is this particular theory where 7 years prior to the resurrection there is a separate rapture. For this reason we like to use the scriptural word resurrection in order to highlight that.

Edited by anime4christ

• Members

The reason we don't use the word rapture to label the event is because the bible already has a name for the event: the resurrection. Sure, those who are still alive will be caught up along with those who are resurrected at that same event, but it already has a name. The reason dispensationalists use the word rapture to label the event is because they believe it is a separate event from the biblical resurrection+rapture because it happens 7 years prior to the resurrection. When we deny a rapture, what we are denying is this particular theory where 7 years prior to the resurrection there is a separate rapture. For this reason we like to use the scriptural word resurrection in order to highlight that.

Wouldn't want to be found guilty of rightly dividing in seeing a difference between a rapture and a resurrection!

• Members

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

You do have to be dead to be resurrected right (I'm asking)? So, can I use "translated" for those who will be "caught up" alive to distinguish the living from the dead?