• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lake of fire

Anon

• Members

[quote="IM4given"][quote="Kitagrl"]Yes but lava is glowing...the lake of fire will be dark. In a black hole, the gravity is so great and the speed so great and the heat is so high that anything that goes into it emits x-rays, that is how hot a black hole is....

Not anything sure....just interesting to think about.[/quote]

I have never heard that the lake of fire will be dark. Do you have the scripture for that?

I just know that the Bible says it is fire and brimstone. I do not think there is fire and brimstone in a black hole.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a [u][b]lake of fire burning with brimstone[/b][/u].
Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the[u][b] lake of fire and brimstone[/b][/u], where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.[/quote]
There is no sulfur (aka Brimstone) in a Black Hole since all matter rains into it in the form of sub-atomic particles. It's because of the tremendous gravitational pull that any and all atoms are literally ripped apart. Even the photon particles of light cannot escape it, but are also ripped down to nothingness.

It is believed by some that at the center of a Black Hole there is a Neutron Star. This is the tiny mass that is the remnant of a Super-Novae explosion. The neutron star is composed completely of solid nucleonic material such that one thimble-full would weigh (on earth) more than TWO HUNDRED MILLION TONS. It is because of this extreme density that the gravitational pull skyrockets.

Within a Super Nova explosion at the point of maximum compression there is present all of the criteria for the Lake of Fire:::::::::

***Extreme heat in excess of 3,000,000,000 degrees F.

***Massive amounts of Sulfur (brimstone)

***Liquid, tar-like, sticky and gooey.

***Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dark inside that sticky, hot mass of Brimstone. Where God is there is Light, but where He is not there is NO LIGHT.

Can you just imagine the incrediblly gruesome fate of anyone who goes there??????? :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek Imagine being inside of a molten, gooey mass of astonishingly hot tar-like liquid.

[size=150][color=#800000][i][b]There is no pain like burning pain.[/b][/i][/color][/size]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

True and I have heard before that the explanation of God destroying the earth and etc would be a super nova, possibly...the sun, you know, and all that.... I guess God could make one last for eternity....

Very interesting, PE. And, very scary, too. :eek

[b]Question:[/b] God said that he would not destroy the earth after the flood. In fact, he promised that. The way I understand, is that he is going to bring heaven down and what is left of earth to make the "New Kingdom." Wouldn't this be more like a "remodeling" job that God does, rather than destroying earth? Although, the earth will be in shambles. :eek That is for sure!!

BTW, this is a good discussion, IMO. :-)

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]The Kingdom Age will be a remake; things will go back to an Edenic-like state. [/quote]

[b]Question:[/b] What is an Edenic-like state? LOL.

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]However, after all that and the Great White Throne Judgment, the earth will be destroyed. "The elements shall melt with a fervent heat"... [b]and in Revelation, John records that there will be a new Heaven and a new earth.[/b][/quote]

I understand that. :-) Thanks, Bakers. :thumb

[quote="FeatherDuster"]No catfish though.[/quote]

LOL...I don't want to see any "catfish" either, FeatherDuster. We have too many "human" ones here...in our midst. Boy, they are feisty. :lol:

YES!!! How beautiful that will be! Glorious!!!

[quote="Seth Doty"][quote]Question: What is an Edenic-like state? LOL.[/quote]

Edenic as in garden of Eden like. :Green[/quote]

Alright. :duh on my part. LOL.

:yawn: It is off to bed it go. :lol:

• Members

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]The Kingdom Age will be a remake; things will go back to an Edenic-like state.

However, after all that and the Great White Throne Judgment, the earth will be destroyed. "The elements shall melt with a fervent heat"... and in Revelation, John records that there will be a new Heaven and a new earth.[/quote]
This is true. The Heavens and the earth that are present today are reserved for judgement as described in Revelation 20:11, 2Peter 3:10-13.

[quote][color=#000080][b][u]Revelation 20[/u] >>

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, [size=150]from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.[/size][/b][/color]

[color=#000080][b]>

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; [size=150]in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.[/size]
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, [size=150]wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?[/size]13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein

• Members

[quote="candlelight"]Very interesting, PE. And, very scary, too. :eek

[b]Question:[/b] God said that he would not destroy the earth after the flood. In fact, he promised that. The way I understand, is that he is going to bring heaven down and what is left of earth to make the "New Kingdom." Wouldn't this be more like a "remodeling" job that God does, rather than destroying earth? Although, the earth will be in shambles. :eek That is for sure!!

BTW, this is a good discussion, IMO. :-)[/quote]

That's why I brought up the paper and fire issues. You throw a paper in the fire but it doesn't just disappear. It get destroyed.. into little ashes. And there is NO WAY we can pick each speck of ash and put it together back into paper again... to it's original state as if it never been touch by a fire.

Most think well destroy mean disappear. Not really. It's in a corrupted, ruined state. Nothing really disappear.

I'm not sure about kingdom being "remodeled" as God already prepared a place for us, but our soul will be restore to it glory state, that's for sure.

• Members

Seems no one touched the question of where the new heaven and earth comes from.

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

What is your opinion, it be brand new, or remodeled old earth?

Or if you want start a new topic.

• Members

It is an Allegory in my opinion.....new earth...new heaven....a new creature in Christ. A person who gets born again awaits the glorification of the body....the "change" as Job put it in ch 14 and as Paul reiterated in 1 Cor 15. By redemption in the twinkling of an eye we get changed... and so too, by the baptism of fire which is to come, the earth awaits it's glorified new body.

What shall it appear like? I reckon thats one of them thar mysteries .... one of the things on the high shelves God doesn't want the children to see just yet. We know it's there....we can guess what it is....but we'll just have to wait till Christmas to open it and see it for real won't we? :wink