• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Power of Prayer

chev1958

• Members

A bar began construction on expanding its building to increase business. In response, the local Baptist Church started a series of prayer meeting and a petition campaign to block the bar from expanding. Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening of the bar when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer," until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means."

In its response to the court, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

When the case got to court, the judge read through the paperwork and replied, "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that now doesn't."

• Members

A bar began construction on expanding its building to increase business. In response, the local Baptist Church started a series of prayer meeting and a petition campaign to block the bar from expanding. Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening of the bar when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer," until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means."

In its response to the court, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

When the case got to court, the judge read through the paperwork and replied, "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that now doesn't."

wow!!! I think that it is sad that the church DENIES that they actually prayed...There is power in prayer and if something like that happened because of my prayers, I would be shouting and praising God and giving HIM the glory!!

• Members

Yep this is a good, one and yet typical of today. It is said that J. Harold Smith and the First Baptist Church of Fort Smith Ark. did just that for a Safeway store that was going to open on Sunday. And it burnt down. Only they didn't deny it.

And I'm pledgurizing (how ever you spell it) it two, too.