• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Not all futurists are dispensationalists.

There are post milleniallist as well, and others.

B W Newton was an early colleague of J N Darby, in the Brethren movement. Newton was a postmillenialist, Darby, postmillenium. While the Brethren did not invent the post tribulation rapture theory, it had been going a few years before that, Darby seemed to have invented dispensationalism. Newton once wrote that Darby was sent to Oxford by the papists to spy on the evangelicals, and that he had read nothing in Darby's writings that a papist could not have written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Wills_Newton

The Sovereign Grace Advent Testimony follow the teachings of Newton and others, and republish his books.

http://www.sgat.org/

• Members

"Fantastic?" - You and I believe the same thing except we have different timelines. You think they needed to heed the admonition to run (Matthew 24) in 70 A.D. to avoid the "tribulation" of Jerusalem being sacked. I believe not only did they need to do that, but that if they run at the 3 and 1/2 year mark in the future Tribulation period, to the place prepared for them in the wilderness, they'll be supernaturally protected and fed by God for entire second half of the Tribulation while the whole world is tried.

Even in judgment God is merciful.

Rev. 12:6, "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days."

Fantastic indeed. That is not exactly a "literal" reading of Scripture. Strange the way futurists fail to focus on the context & the time Rev. & OT prophecies were written, instead seeing elaborate schemes when believers are removed from the earth, &, together with historicists, refuse to consider the prophecies as relating directly to Jesus' Olivet prophecy.

Luk 24:44 ¶ And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me.
45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48 And ye are witnesses of these things.