• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pedophilia - appearing soon near you?

• Members

I don't remember the address, but there is a place online where you can check and see if there are any registered sex offenders near you. A year or two ago I checked that and even in this very rural area there were several sex offenders and when I checked to see their actual offense, many of them had to do with sex with minors.

• Members

Are you saying that 90% of EVERYONE is a closet pedophile? That seems rather extreme...

Not necessarily pedophiles, but some sort of sexual perversion, yes, I'd say close to 90%. People are wicked. Very very wicked.

• Members

Not necessarily pedophiles, but some sort of sexual perversion, yes, I'd say close to 90%. People are wicked. Very very wicked.

One would have to hold to a very broad view of what counts as perversion in order to fit 90% of the people into that.

• Members

There was a newspaper here a couple of years ago which published the names of sex offenders in certain areas. This resulted in vigilante action with many being badly beaten up. Some of whom were innocent and were victims of mistaken identity.

• Members

There was a newspaper here a couple of years ago which published the names of sex offenders in certain areas. This resulted in vigilante action with many being badly beaten up. Some of whom were innocent and were victims of mistaken identity.

That happens sometimes. Another problem, here in the States anyway, is Miss 17 tells Mr 19 that she's 19 and they start dating. Somehow during this time the cops become involved and Mr 19 is arrested for statutory rape and will for the rest of his life be labeled a "sex offender". A lot of "sex offenders" in America come from this category.

OK, I can agree to some sort of sexual perversion being high in this nation and for that matter around the world; 90% eh, I don't know. It was pointed out to me that these folks are sinners and need our prayers and God's word. Is there more to them than any other sinner?

It makes me wonder what we as Christians should do. Do we detest their activities on the basis of scripture alone or include the evidence of world history too? Are we concerned more with the outcome for our own nation or the nation under Christ to come?

We've been through the scriptures here on OB concerning sexual perversion and the agenda of those who are fully emmersed in propagating that agenda to the world. We should know what is behind the effort; Satan is at the root of it. Most of us agree those whose minds are seared in sexual perversion will blatantly argue against God and even attempt to pervert the scriptures. They will deny the scriptures point out the perversion as sin, our argument for the truth many times falls on deaf ears when we present the truth. They, may be to the point of "God gave them over to a reprobate mind." So, why don't we just walk away from discourse with those on an individual basis? I didn't say, why not walk away from defending our faith against a deviate sexual agenda. I believe I should continue to speak out against that. However, not all of them are necessarily at the point of a "reprobate mind." We need to practice delivery of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; which, does not include discussion of sexual perversion beyond inclusiveness as sin.

Sometimes I wonder if we are fearful of the individual because we have not cemented our knowledge of scripture, first the Gospel, and second knowing what scripture says about sexual perversion. I don't know of any other reason for a Christian to fear taking the word of God to a sexual deviate. Maybe we know but lack practice.

• Moderators

That happens sometimes. Another problem, here in the States anyway, is Miss 17 tells Mr 19 that she's 19 and they start dating. Somehow during this time the cops become involved and Mr 19 is arrested for statutory rape and will for the rest of his life be labeled a "sex offender". A lot of "sex offenders" in America come from this category.

Another thing that happens is that Miss 15 and Mr 16 begin fornicating and society says "that's okay, that's good, that's liberating". Mr 16 turns 18 while Miss 15 turns 17 and the same society turns on him and has him classified as a "sex offender". I've seen this played out.

Or Mr.17 seduces Miss 18 and he becomes "the victim of pedophilia", of course - if people heard his bragging, they wouldn't buy his "victimization". Seen this happen too.

When they nullified the adultery and fornication statutes; they created no no-win situation for themselves in defining and administering simple statutes and their surrounding parameters. Edited by OLD fashioned