• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fossil findings & the Flood

• Members

Well, it's been awhile. But I just returned from a trip in the southwest with my wife and I got a close look at some very interesting things I would like to share with my friends here on Online Baptist.

First picture: Agate Springs, Nebraska (talk about the middle of nowhere? Wow). There is a great fossil bed there where in more than one place fossils of animals are found by the thousands buried together at high elevation.

100_2418.jpg

This picture was taken through the big picture window of the museum at Agate Springs while I was talking to the park service host. She gave me the usual evolutionary explanation that the animals died there after fighting over one of the few remaining water holes in the area. I asked how they all died there together and she said that they most likely died because of a lack of water. Here is a picture of what was found there years ago:

100_2417.jpg

At least eight kinds of extinct species are found in this mesh of creatures. One of the larger animals was found with his teeth about the leg of a smaller animal and that gives credence to some of what the host told me. If you will look closely at the 1st picture again and observe the curved dark area about 100 ft below the plateau you will see just where these animals all died...and it is evident that they all died together. In fact it is pretty certain that they were crushed there together. The host told me that volcanic ash was found in the area just below the plateau and other areas of the park where fossilization occurred. I eventually told her that I believed that the animals were all trying to escape rising flood waters and got crushed by falling sediment and volcanic ash during the flood of Noah. I got no reply to that.

The next picture:

100_2443.jpg

This is about 3 miles from the museum but the terrain is the same. Notice the flat top plateaus in the foreground can be seen in the distance miles away. The plateaus tell geologists that the land surface in the area was once at least that high in the distant past. The only question is...how distant? The point is that all that sediment was once washed away by water. But did the tiny little creek cutting through the middle of Agate Springs move all the thousands of miles of cubic ft of rock and dirt or was it the flood of Noah that did it? What about the areas of plateau country that have no rivers or water running through them. How was the massive amounts of sediment moved? Some of the plateaus are miles from the edge of other plateaus nearest. That represents a lot of missing sediment....AND....this problem is seen throughout the western United States.

More coming

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On the trip I visited the fossil bed site near the Painted Desert in Arizona.

Here I am examining one of the thousands of tracks in the Tuba City area where Navajo indians provide a guided tour of the formation.

100_2915-1.jpg

Many of the tracks have been preserved remarkably through all kinds of weather conditions for thousands of yrs. One thing that both evolutionists and creationists agree on is that whenever these tracks were made the solid rock that now contains these footprints was soft. Question: what made the ground soft enough to allow for the imprinted tracks but has since hardened to solid rock since then? I say it happened during the flood of Noah when there was so much seismic and volcanic activity going on.

100_2920.jpg

Above is a clear-cut three-toed dinosaur track but next to it what looks like a human track. I was delighted by this find when I discovered upon returning home that the Tuba City dinosaur track website showed the same picture and that creationist scientists had examined the same tracks ten yrs ago and concluded that it was probably human. They found three tracks that they thought were human. I found only this one.

Another thing of interest was that there are water ripple marks next to the road up on the plateau about a mile north of where I saw these tracks. One can drive the two-track path up the side of the plateau and see them without getting out of the car.

Aug08254.jpg

This was at about the 5,000 ft elevation in Arizona. Why water ripple marks in high elevations in both Arizona and Utah?

Evolutionists don't believe that (1) man lived with the dinosaur, nor (2) the flood of Noah occurred. But the evidence says otherwise. There are lots of human footprints that have been found on the same level of strata as dinosaurs, some of which are actually stepping INSIDE the dinosaur tracks. And there is massive evidence of the displacement of huge sections of land that represent to evolutionists supposedly multiplied millions of years of geologic sediment that was laid down...and yet it is missing between the plateaus. Where did all the millions of cubic miles of sediment go? One evolutionist told me that he thought the seven missing levels of strata in the Grand Canyon (247 million yrs worth of missing sediment!) was literally blown into the Atlantic Ocean. I got a good laugh out of that one. The effects of erosion can be seen almost everywhere on the path we took through New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. But what is found at the bottom of plateaus in rock and dirt is miniscule compared to the land missing between those same plateaus. We're talking about a monumental amout of land that was moved by a very powerful force. Perhaps the force described in Genesis 7?

• Members

Going further on our journey we saw Monument Vally, Utah. What a magnificent place to visit!

100_2623.jpg

Please understand, fellow Christian, that the level of the plateaus was once the level of the land that existed between the 'monuments' and this area is several hundred square miles. In fact the Monument Valley terrain stretches in every direction as far as the eye can see and further. That is now much land has been displaced. Hundreds of thousands of cubic miles of dirt & rock were moved and what you see in the picture above is all that is left of that land. But how? What force was strong enough to move all that land? We observed no rivers in the area. The San Juan river is 20 miles to the north. If it wasn't the cataclysm of Noah's flood mentioned in the Bible then what? Evolutionists say it was caused by erosion and we cannot honestly count that out. But one can see the erosion effect at the foot of each 'monument'! Where is all the rest of the land?

100_3020.jpg

Here I am at Arches National Park in Utah. This was my favorite place. Some of it was so beautiful it was almost like being on another planet. Well worth the long drive to get there. But once again we were confronted with an obvious truth: the level of the plateaus was the level at which the land existed before it was moved out. The different levels of strata, we are told, represent millions of yrs. Creationists don't think so. We don't believe that it took millions of years to lay down the earths stratigraphy. Much of the strata we now observe were laid down during the year long flood mentioned in Genesis 7. The so-called 'geologic column' does not exist in the southwest USA nor virtually anywhere else on earth.

100_3001.jpg

This picture of my wife was taken in Utah near the Colorado border. How do we account for the natural arches in the geology of the area? Was it mere erosion by wind and rain over millions of yrs or was it the cause of extremely powerful water currents that sent huge, sharp rocks to batter the sides of plateaus and created holes? Then perhaps it was both. The jury is still out on this one.

I may print more pictures later. God bless all of you.

• Members

Thank you for posting all this, Yankee Candle! Fascinating stuff to be sure. There are so many phenomena all over the world that can only be satisfactorily explained by a global flood.

BTW, it is nice to put a face with a name. Looks like you and your wife had a wonderful time. My mom and some friends spent time out west a couple of years ago and had a great time.

• Members

My dad lives in Utah and he gives every weekend to mineral and fossil hunting, and several longer vacations each year to various remote places in the west. He has studied creationism for years now and often teaches Sunday School classes on it...because so many Christians really do not know what they believe other than quoting Bible verses.

Its always amazed me how clear the fossil record is as to supporting the flood, and how blinded the scientists have chosen to be towards it!

Actually my dad goes "rockhunting" with a friend of his who used to be an atheist. He has not gotten saved yet, but over time as they have walked through the deserts and mountains together looking for things, my dad has had many opportunities to point out how the fossil record supports the Bible, ALL the time. The atheist now believes in Creation! However he has not yet accepted Christ....pray for him! He did attend church in order to hear my dad's Sunday School lessons in Creationism.

• Members

Oh...one of my favorite historical sites in Utah was Nine Mile Canyon: http://climb-utah.com/Misc/ninemile.htm

It was just awesome to drive through there and see where early settlers lived (I have some cool pix of old cabins) and especially the amazing carvings and drawings in the rocks left by the Indians. The photos on the website are real...I have some just as nice that I took!

Of course evidence of Creation is everywhere too, with the different layers of earth. Also if you see on the roadways sometimes you will see shale/rock with diagonal strata....this is evidence of the floodwaters actually forcing their way up through the earth and pushing the earth aside as it came up.

Cool stuff.

• Members
Thanks for that post Yankee Candle. I do not understand why people do not believe in Creationism when it is all around them.

Because to admit Creation is to admit a higher authority and most aren't willing to answer to that.

• Members

The question of origins, in terms of evolution vs Creation and old Earth vs young Earth, which is seemingly such a core area of apologetics for some Christians, is a non-issue for most non-Christians, I'll wager. People centre their lives on many things--career, success, pleasure, children, property, gadgets, etc--but I'll wager that natural history and the origins of the Earth is not one of them. All my friends are atheists and I reckon they each spend about 5 minutes a year thinking about that sort of thing. For them, it's about as irrelevant as E=mc2. Granted, some do, but they must make up less than 1% of the population. The rest, though they may claim to believe in evolution if specifically asked by a Christian, only subscribe to the theory in deference to scientific authority, just like I claim to believe in gravity though I haven't the foggiest about physics. They don't actually care about it or hang anything on it.

Your average atheist going on Yankee Candle's road trip would not say, "Wow, look at all that evidence for evolution." They would say, "Wow, look at that beautiful scenery and those wonderful rocks and those pretty flowers. Isn't being outdoors great fun."

• Members
The question of origins' date=' in terms of evolution vs Creation and old Earth vs young Earth, which is seemingly such a core area of apologetics for some Christians, is a non-issue for most non-Christians, I'll wager. People centre their lives on many things--career, success, pleasure, children, property, gadgets, etc--but I'll wager that natural history and the origins of the Earth is not one of them. All my friends are atheists and I reckon they each spend about 5 minutes a year thinking about that sort of thing. For them, it's about as irrelevant as E=mc2. Granted, some do, but they must make up less than 1% of the population. [u']The rest, though they may claim to believe in evolution if specifically asked by a Christian, only subscribe to the theory in deference to scientific authority, just like I claim to believe in gravity though I haven't the foggiest about physics. They don't actually care about it or hang anything on it.

Your average atheist going on Yankee Candle's road trip would not say, "Wow, look at all that evidence for evolution." They would say, "Wow, look at that beautiful scenery and those wonderful rocks and those pretty flowers. Isn't being outdoors great fun."

I like to watch nature documentaries and David Attenborough's programs are some of my favorites. In one, I saw a bird sewiing leaves together using spider webs for thread. Last night I watched one in which snails were designed to spread their bodies to catch waves and ride on tidal currents. But I don't simply accept Mr. Attenborough's beliefs that these marvels of Nature he presents are products of Evolution on the authority of his word; I ask questions to myself. Why does this man want people to know this? Why does he "preach" it constantly? What does he believe will happen to him at death? In the back of his mind, does he not question? Does he really seek truth?

The "crowd" allows themselves to be lulled to sleep by the "authorities". The schools teach evolution and nature programs entusiastically preach it. So there's no need for the common man to delve for himself: just accept what the authorities say, go on, and happily do as he pleases without thought of consequence; after all, the 'scientists' are telling us the truth. The same goes for mainstream 'religion'. Most folk just accept what the 'preacher' says without checking it out for themselves, But even in spiritual matters, I won't "defer" to what preachers say; I don't put my trust in what "authorities" or my peers say. I earnestly desire to know the truth about things. And I'd rather be in the 1% than follow the crowd.

• Members

Good points, Heartstrings, and very laudable, but one thing I would add is that people tend only to 'delve' into things they care about or think will affect them. I could see plenty of people asking the sort of questions you ask of David Attenborough's programs if they were watching a party political broadcast or a current affairs show, but not a nature program. Why would the average person care about whether David is correct about a snail evolving, when in half an hour the show will be over and they'll never see the snail again? To a Christian, evolution is an affront to one's core beliefs. To a non-Christian, it's just a memory of boring biology lessons (not for me I might add) and has absolutely no relevance to anything in their life.

Those things you don't care about, you're more likely to take on the say so of whichever 'expert' opinion you hear. Maybe that's being part of the 'crowd', but we're all part of the crowd for some things. How much time did you spend, Heartstrings, 'delving' into the theory behind integrated circuitry before you bought your computer?