• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kindle

Bro Jim

• Members

Here is a web site where you can down load a program from that converts PDF and other files to MOBI, it makes those files readable on a Kindle or other MOBI based readers. Works pretty good too. It made PDF easy to read on my Kindle. Oh and it is FREE.

The link http://calibre-ebook.com/

• Members

That's neat.

From my own experience, if you want to sell a Kindle book the best way is to have it formatted in Word and upload it that way. Obviously this program is for something you have on PDF and don't intend to sell.

I have bought PDF books and this program will format them for MOBI too. I did a 200+ page book that I got in PDF, thats almost a ream of paper and now it is on my kindle.

I posted to link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

can you read e books on a PC?

It depends on the e book, if it is formated in a pdf then yes if it is in MOBI you may have to get a program for it and Mobi is what most kindle style readers use, I think Amazon offers such a program if you are buying their books.

But the pdf stuff yes you can read it on your computer I have done it but now convert to Mobi for my kindle.

• Members

It depends on the e book, if it is formated in a pdf then yes if it is in MOBI you may have to get a program for it and Mobi is what most kindle style readers use, I think Amazon offers such a program if you are buying their books.

But the pdf stuff yes you can read it on your computer I have done it but now convert to Mobi for my kindle.

I have saved all my publications as PDF, I don't have Kindle and am unlikely to be able to afford one and don't really covet one, although Amazon says |I need one, but that is what all the advertisers say.

• Members

I got my kindle as a gift, and wanted to put my pdf books on it. kindles accept pdfs but they are hard to read, I came across this program the makes them easier to read on the kindle.

• Members

Amazon do a free Kindle app for the PC, I downloaded it, now all I need is books for it.

I thought I posted that yesterday but it seems to have disappeared, unless I posted it in the wrong place somewhere.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I know this is an old topic but I do have a question.  When you convert from a PDF to a .MOBI file, does it import the pictures from the PDF?  I've noticed some of the Baptist History books I have on my Kindle have placeholders for an etching or illustration, but not many of them show up.

Archived