• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Says Demons Inspired My Warnings Against West Coast

• Members

The marriage supper isn't God the Father and Israel, it's Jesus Christ and the church.

Not that it matters to me in the end. I'm not divorced, and I don't attend a church where the pastor has been divorced.

The church is the bride because Israel got "divorced" but all of that deals with betrothal.... there have been NO marriage suppers with ANYONE yet in Heaven.

• Members

The church is the bride because Israel got "divorced" but all of that deals with betrothal.... there have been NO marriage suppers with ANYONE yet in Heaven.

Are you trying to say that the church replaces Israel? No where in Scripture is there ever a marriage supper for Israel.

Is. 50:1, "Thus saith the LORD, Where [is] the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors [is it] to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away."

I don't see anything in Scripture that would cause me to think that they were simply betrothed and that God didn't consider Israel His wife. Can you provide Scripture for this?

• Members

Page 95, last paragraph, The Right Path, Paul Chappell. You say, "Well, Brother Chappell, did you exegete the Scriptures to her and help her to understand the evils of gambling?" No, I prayed that she would keep on winning, because we were trying to buy property and build a church.

Yes, praying for blood money, thinking about building a church with blood money. Nope, cannot recommend him to anyone. Winning would be the worse thing, that would hook this woman on gambling even more. His mind was on money, coveting money, and he did not care how he got it.

• Members

Page 95, last paragraph, The Right Path, Paul Chappell. You say, "Well, Brother Chappell, did you exegete the Scriptures to her and help her to understand the evils of gambling?" No, I prayed that she would keep on winning, because we were trying to buy property and build a church.

Yes, praying for blood money, thinking about building a church with blood money. Nope, cannot recommend him to anyone. Winning would be the worse thing, that would hook this woman on gambling even more. His mind was on money, coveting money, and he did not care how he got it.

Wow! And this guy is supposed to be IFB???

This reminds me of a point that came up in Sunday school some time back. Our pastor related how he was once asked if he, or the church, would accept a million dollar donation if they knew it came from gambling. Our pastor stated that if the money was known to have come from gambling then no, the donation wouldn't be accepted. He went on to explain his biblical reasoning for this.

The person asking the question wasn't satisfied so they asked if our church would accept the donation from gambling money if we didn't know it came from gambling. Our pastor said yes, we would accept such a donation because we would have no reason at that point not to. He then went on to explain about conscience and other matters.

Anyway, as our pastor said, there are those who think donating a portion of their winnings to a church or some "worthy cause" excuses their gambling, but that's just not biblical.

• Members

I have read several of David Cloud's articles on Ruckman, and from memory, his main objection is that Ruckman teaches that the KJV is a new inspiration, being more correct than the original text. But it was a while ago that I read t and I may be wrong.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

I have read several of David Cloud's articles on Ruckman, and from memory, his main objection is that Ruckman teaches that the KJV is a new inspiration, being more correct than the original text. But it was a while ago that I read t and I may be wrong.

There are several issues, but yes that is a major one. Ruckman teaches that the word of God was lost and then re-given and improved upon in the KJV. That is not so very different in some aspects from the mormon teaching that the bible and all Christianity was corrupted etc. until Joseph Smith cam along to "make things right". That gives a totally different meaning to KJVO and makes it a baseless and heretical position. Edited by Seth-Doty

• Members

Ouch - he really said that? That's not good at all.

• Members

Ouch - he really said that? That's not good at all.

The pages that were on the Google book site did not have this quoted, but the quote may have been on some following pages that it said were not available for preview. The context up to the point of the pages not available is not nearly as cut'n dried as some here would represent. If one reads the entire context (up until the missing pages) this pastor clearly knew that the ELDERLY woman had gotten saved late in life and it would take some patience, love and understanding in working with her as she had many life-long habits (sins actually) that God would need to deal with her concerning now that she was recently saved and came forward during an invitation.

I'd like to see the missing pages so that I can fully evaluate these claims, but I'm not paying $13 for those two pages. The pages missing are 95 and 96.