• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Says Demons Inspired My Warnings Against West Coast

• Members

I call this an error in judgment because I believe this would have been a perfect opportunity to deal with this woman concerning her sinful lifestyle. But instead he took the coward's way out and soothed her conscience and his. He has just taught that you can live in sin and serve God at the same time.

Show me in the Bible where you have to be perfect to be able to serve God.

It seems you're making some very wide sweeping assumptions here. Are you assuming the woman wasn't trying to quit those thing? Does a Christian need to have everything in line before they can work a vacuum for the church? You're also assuming the Mr. Chappel turned the other way when it came to her sin. It's obvious he didn't! Some people struggle with things in their lives, and to say that a person struggling with sin CAN'T SERVE GOD is verrrrrrrrrrry Pharisaical. I think he made an excellent decision here. He didn't cut the lady off at the knees and tell her she can't be involved in the church until she become perfect (or lies about it), but at the same time he didn't put her in a position of authority in a Sunday School class.

The lady asked to serve the Lord. What you're basically saying is that Mr. Chappel should have said, "No, you're not good enough to serve the Lord." Edited by Rick Schworer

• Members
Does anyone know if this is a case where he was dealing with this woman concerning her sins but failed to mention that aspect in the book or is it known that this was indeed a case of overlooking her sins and just giving her something to do so he wouldn't have to deal with her?

I can only go by what is said in his book, nothing more and nothing less. This woman had known habitual sins in her life and she came forward in an invitation telling the pastor that she wanted to serve God. At that point, the pastor should have dealt with her concerning her habitual sins.

A perfect passage of scripture to use is 2 Timothy 2:19-21 - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

• Members

The only thing I do not like is when he starts doing these followup things.... I mean, expose what you need to expose, put it out there....but then don't tell us about all your hate mail and what you said and what they said and....yeah.... just go on to the next thing and deal with your own drama.

Like I said, I like his ministry, but not when he turns it into a soap opera.

• Members

I can only go by what is said in his book, nothing more and nothing less. This woman had known habitual sins in her life and she came forward in an invitation telling the pastor that she wanted to serve God. At that point, the pastor should have dealt with her concerning her habitual sins.

A perfect passage of scripture to use is 2 Timothy 2:19-21 - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work."

Thank you. I understand the point you are making, and that it's scriptural that habitual sins need to be dealt with.

If her sins were being dealt with, I don't see it as a problem that she be allowed to vacuum; even with what seems like a poor attempt at humor.

If the sins were being ignored, then I would find that a much worse situation, and far beyond anything to do with vacuuming.

• Members

The only thing I do not like is when he starts doing these followup things.... I mean, expose what you need to expose, put it out there....but then don't tell us about all your hate mail and what you said and what they said and....yeah.... just go on to the next thing and deal with your own drama.

Like I said, I like his ministry, but not when he turns it into a soap opera.

:thumb: :amen:

• Members

Thank you. I understand the point you are making, and that it's scriptural that habitual sins need to be dealt with.

If her sins were being dealt with, I don't see it as a problem that she be allowed to vacuum; even with what seems like a poor attempt at humor.

If the sins were being ignored, then I would find that a much worse situation, and far beyond anything to do with vacuuming.

Agreed.

• Members

I checked out the church's website, and it had a link to its "Spiritual Leadership Conference." Within that link was a roster of the conference's speakers. I immediately recognized two names (Sam Davison and Kevin Folger) as solid fundamental speakers. I've heard them preach several times. These two men were part of the group that left BBFI when that organization went liberal (I think the final straw came when BBFI refused to take a stand on the KJV). I'm sure those two men would not participate if Lancaster Baptist Church was like David Cloud describes.