• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ron Paul Is A Vicious Anti-Semite and Anti-American and Conservatives Need To Wash Their Hands of Him

• Members

I said this on many occassions and have been pooh poohed.. Not only does he knowingly take financial support from white supremist groups he believes all support should be cut off to Israel and even one of his websites had an article about relocating the whole nation of Israel to the Nevada desert or even to Mexico. Add to this his desire to legalize prostitution and all forms of drugs. Yet even with this many IFB, KJV bible believing Christians throw their support behind the man.

• Members

This is somewhat misleading. Paul is certainly not pro-Israel, but calling for an end to aid doesn't make him an anti-Semite. Paul has called for an end to all foreign aid and from time to time introduces various bills to this effect, either in whole or in part.

Paul pulled this bill from consideration, which indicates it wasn't something he felt strongly enough abou to press. Paul introduces many bills each year which he knows won't pass, but he introduces them in an effort to bring attention to various issues; such as foreign aid.

Paul's most concise statement with regards to Israel and tensions with Arab neighbors was that America should stop telling Israel what she can and can't do. Paul has said Israel should have the right, as all other nations, to establish her borders herself, determine her own internal policies and deal with enemies as she sees best; all without American interference.

While having America as a "friend" has provided some benefits to Israel, this relationship has also hindered Israel and is much to blame for her current unstable predicament.

Paul is in no way perfect, but what he says about foreign aid is in line with the Constitution and the guiding principles of the Founders, and was American policy for well over a hundred years.

Paul stands virtually no chance of ever being president as he stands virtually no chance of ever winning a GOP primary so there really is no need to worry about votes being cast for him, he won't be on the general election ballot for president.

• Administrators

Until we get our fiscal house and debt resolved...

Stop all foriegn aid to any countries except for humanitarian assistance.

I disagree even with humanitarian assistance...because the US government is not in the business of charity. An example is Haiti. There have been countless Americans who have given to help Haiti - time, money and goods. THAT is acceptable. Tax money sent to them is not. If we would stop supporting all the nations we support, there would be much less tax outlay.

Paul has been accused of being anti-Semitic before when he stated that, if he were POTUS, he would have no authority to send troops to their aid. But he went on to say that as American citizens, we are free to go to their aid on our own if we wish. His belief was then (and still is) that Israel is a sovereign nation that has the right to defend herself without interference from US. And he's 100% right there. Problem is, as long as we are sending her money, we can call the shots. And now, with a Muslim (at the least) sympathizer in the WH, calling the shots for them has gotten pretty precarious.

Here's some additional info re: Paul and Israel:
http://www.nolanchart.com/article1142.html
(not that I want to see him as POTUS)

As to his desire to legalize marijuana and prostitution:
What he actually wants is to remove federal oversight - because the 10th amendment clearly shows that these two issues are not in the purview of the federal government (except in a case of bringing in prostitutes from other countries - as does happen - or in bringing marijuana or other drugs into the country).
I'll admit, I'm torn on these two issues. But I have to think that, just perhaps, if the federal govt followed the Constitution a little more closely, individual states would step up to do what is right...Yes, I know the world is getting more wicked. But there are still states whose citizens are against things like marijuana and prostitution.

• Members

I agree, that article misrepresents Mr. Paul somewhat, yet the man is somewhat whacky. Yet I hope and pray that our country stays friends with Israel forever and aids them against their enemies.

As far as all other foreign aid, it ought to stop, the Washington people have no right to hand our money out to foreign governments run by dictators, to many of them are making out like bandits on our tax money getting rich.

And of course if citizens of this country wants to help other countries that faces disasters they can do so freely, its not Washington's place to do so.

I have found that when someone can't stop spending there is only one way to stop them, cut their credit cards up, take it away from them, I feel that's the only way to stop Washington.

• Members

I personally believe that we should cut all foreign aid until we get our own house in order and we are in black ink on debt and budget.

The worse thing we can do is pull aid from Israel. It will be the death knell of this nation. Anyone who claims to know the bible should understand this. Once the aid is pulled it will never be given again. Israel has been our greatest ally in the world and has "toed the line" in everything we've asked them too including voting 100% with us in the UN (the only nation to do this). To dump them now would be a a terrible betyral that I'm sure God would make us pay for. I think the only reason this wicked nation hasn't totally collasped is because of our support of Israel. God could care less about the Constitution.

Ron Paul is antisemtic. Just look at lewrockwell.com to find out. I don't want anything to do with these people that align themselves with him. Paul has knowingly taken money from neo-nazi organizations. I don't know what more you need to prove it.

• Members

I'm totally in favor of the U.S. leaving Israel to deal with the Arabs in whatever way she wants to. :clapping:

Kiss your country goodbye when this happens. Like I said God could care less about our Constitution or balancing the budget or getting "the House in order". This nation is way beyond repair. The only thing keeping her afloat is our support of Israel. This is the problem when a believer places the Constitution above the bible. Bad decisions are made.

To think that somehow Israel is going to slap the Arabs around is a grave misunderstanding. Anyone who knows prophecy should understand this. The Jews will continue to be knocked around until Christ shows up. Our job is to make sure we aren't the ones doing it.

• Members

[ His belief was then (and still is) that Israel is a sovereign nation that has the right to defend herself without interference from US. And he's 100% right there. Problem is, as long as we are sending her money, we can call the shots.

Pure double-speak from a lying hypocrite. But you folks go right on believing it.

Oh, and Israel can't defend herself without us giving them military aid.

You don't stab your friends in the back.

• Members

As to his desire to legalize marijuana and prostitution:
What he actually wants is to remove federal oversight - because the 10th amendment clearly shows that these two issues are not in the purview of the federal government (except in a case of bringing in prostitutes from other countries - as does happen - or in bringing marijuana or other drugs into the country).
I'll admit, I'm torn on these two issues. But I have to think that, just perhaps, if the federal govt followed the Constitution a little more closely, individual states would step up to do what is right...Yes, I know the world is getting more wicked. But there are still states whose citizens are against things like marijuana and prostitution.

You can post all the double-speak you want from Paul but if he is a true Libertarian he'll seek to legalize drugs and prostitution. All the other mumbo-jumbo about "the States should decide" (which are bankrupt and have no control over interstate commerce) and "the Constitution" (a buzz word when you want to legalize filth, sedition, etc) is just a smoke screen for suckers. At least John Stossel (a great supporter of Ron Paul) is honest and says "legalize it all".

• Members

Article from a Ron Paul website Lew Rockwell.com:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/kinsella5.html

Rockwell served as Ron Paul's congressional chief of staff from 1978 to 1982. He has maintained a working relationship with Paul over the years, as a contributing editor to "The Ron Paul Investment Letter"; as a consultant to Paul's 1988 Libertarian Party campaign for President of the United States; and as vice-chair of the exploratory committee for Paul's spirited run for the 1992 Republican Party nomination for president)

In early 2008, libertarian publication Reason published a story discussing several racially charged articles that appeared in the Ron Paul newsletter. The Reason piece asserted that "a half-dozen longtime libertarian activists—including some still close to Paul" had identified Rockwell as the "chief ghostwriter" of the Ron Paul newsletters published from "roughly 1989 to 1994." According to Reason, Rockwell has denied responsibility for the disputed material and has called the accusations "hysterical smears aimed at political enemies".

[

Edited by Wilchbla