• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Huh? Rep. Asleep

• Members

They had enough votes to pass it under the regular rule of a majority, but instead they (the Republicans) brought it up for a vote that required a super majority or a 2/3rds vote. Somebody was not counting or was not talking to their people. If I heard right 8 Republicans voted against it. (extending the Patriot Act).

• Members

I doesn't mean it is dead; just didn't pass under this particular house rule. They can (and most likely will) bring up again just before the law is set to expire and vote on it again and this time only needing a majority. This isn't the end of the Patriot Act (unfortunately).

• Members

I doesn't mean it is dead; just didn't pass under this particular house rule. They can (and most likely will) bring up again just before the law is set to expire and vote on it again and this time only needing a majority. This isn't the end of the Patriot Act (unfortunately).

Agreed, on all counts.