• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Police: 3 die in truck collision with school buses

• Members
Police: 3 die in truck collision with school buses

I am surprised there isn't more school bus wrecks. I've seen several dangerous school bus drivers over the years, called in on 3 of them, reported a 4th. Yet the ones I reported kept right on driving as is and the school personal seemed ticked off that I had the nerve to call in saying they had a bad bus driver. One of which ran a stop sign, one passing in a no passing, another one speeding, running nearly 70 in a 55 MPH zone.

The 4th one pulled out right in front of me, throwing students into the middle ailed of the bus, I could see children looking straight at me through the side windows wondering if I was going to be able to stop. Thankfully I did.

I've talked to others that have reported bad bus drivers, they to were met with school personal that was unkind to them for reporting what they witnessed, and I'm not speaking about just one school district, but several.

If I report another one I will do so to the police and the local newspaper.

• Members

They were just talking about this collision on the radio.

An 80-something year old bus driver from our local school recently retired. This man was driving busses while I was in school, and began well before that. He was a terrible bus driver when I rode on his bus. This guy was constantly getting his bus stuck, running into things and driving unsafe, yet he drove for this school district for about 50 years! When he retired they gave him a gift and party for being such a good bus driver. There were two separate stories in the local paper about him being such a good bus driver. All over town people were talking about how big a lie all that was and wondering why they hand't fired him decades ago instead of letting him put so many at risk over the years.

• Members

Not to defend bus drivers, cause there are some really bad ones out there. But this I know, (drove one for a while), lousy pay, lousy hours, lousy public school kids leads to only being able to get a certain type of people to do the job. Which are some of the reasons I quite, low pay, bad hours, unionism, disrespect from kids and parents.

• Members

Not to defend bus drivers, cause there are some really bad ones out there. But this I know, (drove one for a while), lousy pay, lousy hours, lousy public school kids leads to only being able to get a certain type of people to do the job. Which are some of the reasons I quite, low pay, bad hours, unionism, disrespect from kids and parents.

That's probably true in a lot of areas. In this little area the bus drivers make good money and with most everyone knowing everyone else there are not many problems with the children or the parents. No union either.

• Members

So, lousy pay is an excuse to do a sorry job. Of course the Christian should never use such an excuse, they're suppose to do it as if they are doing so for the Lord. Sad to say, some Christians are some of the sorriest and most complaining people while on the job.

For those who are in a position that they can drive a school bus, the pay and benefits are GREAT, very few part time jobs furnish such wonderful health insurance as does driving a bus. I know several that drives a school bus for one reason, health insurance, the pay to them is consider gravy. Of course I understand many there be who think their time is wroth much money, those be the people I would love to buy for what they're worth, and sell them for what they think they're worth.

No, the problem is those in the system, it creates them much work, paper works, and they can't go about their day doing nothing when someone presses them about a bad bus driver. The school system is filled with skaters. {skaters; lazy people who do not do their job, and will make sure laze around as much as possible}

John, we have had several of that kind, some could hardly get around or hear it thunder, yet driving school children up and down our highways.