• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Remember When?

irishman

• Members

There once was an old truck stop in California, it had the best biscuits, sausage gravy, of any that I ever had. Linda was with me one trip and I stopped there telling her to order 2 biscuits with sausage gravy. She agreed, they were great.

I might add, the truck stop was not much to look at, yet the food was good, and plentiful for the price you paid.

They had 2 A& W in Texarkana, it was cool, the mugs all frosted up, filled with cold root beer. Quite a hang out for teenagers in yesterday years. Being way over there I did not get there often.

Our Sonic has some that use skates, I don't go there often, yet I've seen one girl that is always on skates and she gets around on them wonderfully, much faster than those that walk.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember before they had value meals and you had to be creative in your selection at McDonalds, when the hot computer was a Commadore 64, and "Pong" was cool. I'm still young though. :)

Oh yeah I was working at McD's when they created Value Meals! I think it was either during the Olympics or during a Basketball Championship...can't remember which one it was.

• Members

I'll eat at McDonalds long before I'll eat at most buffets....75% of which are dirty and unsanitary and stinky and full of cheap fake food.

At least McDonalds fake food tastes pretty good and at least the restaurants don't smell like nursing homes. haha.

• Members

I remember when the words "fast food" left you scratching your head! Before they had these fast food chains, people really ate good portions, and paid a decent price. Those were the days....

(Excuse me, I'm getting hungry!)

Edited by irishman

• Administrators

Ah, yes, perked coffee - so much better than brewed! My grandma always put a shake of salt in hers for some reason, but it was tasty.

I remember, as a kid, being so excited to go to A&W for a hamburger - it was a drive-in, and they brought the tray to the car window and stuck it on. What an unusual treat! (there's a drive-in like that here in town, but the food is icky) And if there was a bottle of pepsi in the fridge - wow! (and, of course, the bottle was glass...)

• Members

The shake of salt was to mellow the taste, sometimes egg shell was used too. Then there is cowboy coffee, a hand full of grounds in the pot filled with water and a stick put across the top of the pot to keep it from boiling over.