• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gore: Global Warming Causing Record Cold, Snow

• Members

I guess I am part of the problem when it comes to global warming my life of profligacy, I reckon. I get up go to work to make the money to support my family come on home and study into the night to prepare my messages, drive to the hospitals to visit the sick, pick up people on Sunday to bring to church, yep, it my life of profligacy. Of course I can't afford to charter private airplane or live in a mansion on the beach in California, or have Secret Service protect where ever I go, nor ride in chaffered limo. I am one of those Americans that is causing this global warming, send me the bill and I will add it to the rest of them. But that just me, I'll be a big boy and take the blame because of my life of profligacy.puzzled3.gifscratchchin.gificon_confused.gif

• Members

It's wonderful that Al Gore tells all of us that we should walk or ride bikes just about everywhere yet he zips around in jets, has several vehicle entourages everywhere he goes, and it's been reported his mansion in Tennessee uses for power in one month than the average home in America uses in a year.

• Members
It's wonderful that Al Gore tells all of us that we should walk or ride bikes just about everywhere yet he zips around in jets, has several vehicle entourages everywhere he goes, and it's been reported his mansion in Tennessee uses for power in one month than the average home in America uses in a year.

Finding fault with the messenger does not invalidate the message. They've been finding fault with Gospel preachers for 2,000 years. (NOT that climate change is "gospel" but good stewardship is part of our calling.)

They, the 'believers of global warming,' wants to stomp us out.

Who are "they" & "us" ? Individuals on this forum only have the information provided by experts. It seems pretty clear that climate change is occurring - the melting polar ice-caps prove that & this is disturbing the weather patterns as cold water flows towards the equator.

The extent to which this is man-made is the question. There can be no doubt that rain forest destruction has it effect on climate patterns, nor that atmospheric carbon dioxide is increasing, both man-made.

Switching from fossil fuels to "green" fuels by converting food - effectively growing food crops for burning, rather than feeding the hungry - is a dangerous myth.

Individual action will have little impact, while governments & global corporations ignore the signs, & Christians tick off the Olivet & Revelation prophecies as they see their rapture drawing near.

Those signs were for the Jerusalem Christians - they saw the signs during the Jerusalem siege & fled the city. Lifting those signs for our generation is abusing Scripture.

Since AD 70 this is the command to us:

Mark 13:31Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

• Members

Finding fault with the messenger does not invalidate the message. They've been finding fault with Gospel preachers for 2,000 years. (NOT that climate change is "gospel" but good stewardship is part of our calling.)

It was not my intent to invalidate his message, he does fine on that of his own accord, but rather to show his hypocrisy.

• Administrators

I've never denied climate change, I just want to know how the scientists know what is the normal climate for the earth. We only have been keeping records for such a short time. How do we know that the earths global temperature is not getting back to what it normally is? The melting polar ice-caps prove nothing, unless you can prove that the ice-caps have not been melting for last thousands of years. How large were the ice-caps when Jesus was crucified compared to when John Hancock signed the declaration of Independence? What was the average earths temperature back then?
Scientists are basing what is "normal" for the earth based on a tiny percentage of what they know about the temperature of the earths history. The information that is put forth about global warming reminds me of evolution.

God put us here on this earth and we are to take care of it, but I know how the earth ends from the Bible and it is not from the ice-caps melting.

• Members

I've never denied climate change, I just want to know how the scientists know what is the normal climate for the earth. We only have been keeping records for such a short time. How do we know that the earths global temperature is not getting back to what it normally is? The melting polar ice-caps prove nothing, unless you can prove that the ice-caps have not been melting for last thousands of years. How large were the ice-caps when Jesus was crucified compared to when John Hancock signed the declaration of Independence? What was the average earths temperature back then?
Scientists are basing what is "normal" for the earth based on a tiny percentage of what they know about the temperature of the earths history. The information that is put forth about global warming reminds me of evolution.

God put us here on this earth and we are to take care of it, but I know how the earth ends from the Bible and it is not from the ice-caps melting.

:amen::clapping: The speculation of scientists with regards to weather does indeed come mostly from a very limited time period of actual data. Even some, or perhaps much, of that data is inaccurate which skews the results. Beyond this, there are various assumptions made based upon minimal written accounts and highly subjective information gleaned from archeology and such. The limited weather data and assumptions are then fed into computers, most often with a preconceived bias as to how the information is processed, and then based upon this the computer makes its own assumptions as to the weather on earth for the past few "million" years (another problem with their models).

We KNOW the earth isn't destroyed by our hands and we KNOW Christ keeps all things in and by His Hand. That's solid Scripture.

• Members

One of the problems with Gore and company is that they view man as an intruder upon earth who does nothing positive; that his very existence threatens all wildlife, all of nature and the planet itself.

Scripture tells us that the earth, all wildlife and nature were put here for man. A very different view.

No right minded Christian would advocate the wholesale destruction of wildlife or nature, but we must realize that nature is here for our use. That includes the oil in the ground, the fish in the sea, the cow and the horse, trees and corn, coal and diamonds, etc.

There are always those predicting doomsday due to something man has done or is doing yet Scripture tells us what the end will be like and Who will bring that end about.

We can look back at the predictions of the consequences of exploding an atom bomb, which included those scientists who speculated it would set off a chain reaction and the whole planet would explode. We can look at the predictions of how many years, or even decades, it was said would be required to clean up after various oil spills, or the Iraqi oil field fires, etc. In every case these were dealt with much faster and they brought about far fewer negative results than was predicted.

Be reasonable and trust God.