• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Arguments for the Existence of God

• Members

Arguments for the Existence of God

I. Cause Isa. 43:7, 21; Eccl. 12:13; Micah 6:8; Acts 17: 26-28; 1 John 3:23; Rev. 4:11; (Eccl. 9:9), A reason for creation. Purpose; a plan must have a “planner”.

II. Design Gen. 1:26; “After our image”. Creation shows a progression from good, to better, to best. This is accomplished by design; growth does not happen accidentally.

III. Being Isa. 45:22, 46:9; Hos. 11:9; Ex. 3:14; Job 38 (entire chapter); Gen. 1:26, 2:7; John 1:3. Where did life come from? What is light made of? How could the separation of waters happen accidentally?

IV. Intellectual Nature Rom. 2:15
The ability to think and reason, as gods.

V. Agreement Job 38-41 (all four chapters)
The “harmonic balance” of nature.
Everything relies on something.

VI. Scripture Lk. 5:1; Acts 4:31, 8:14, 13:7, and 16:4.
The Word is God (Jn. 1:1; Psa. 68:11: 2 Pet. 3:5)
Ex. 3:14, “I AM” the ever existing One.

VII. Inspiration Acts 5:38, 39; 2 Pet. 1:21; 2 Tim. 3:16 The moving of the Spirit is the only reasonable way to explain creation.

VIII. Man Didn’t Always Exist, Where did he come from? Isa. 43:7 Gen. 1:26, 2:7; Jn. 1:3 Biblical account more believable than evolution. More sensible.

Mans need for food, water, etc. is because he was made from dust; Food and water sustain the body as well as the earth.

VIX. The Rejection of the Gospel is proof that God is real. Spiritual forces cause one to reject it vehemently. If there were nothing to it, Satan would not wage such a vicious war against it.

Psa. 14:1; Rom. 1:28; Rom. 2:15; Rom. 1: 18-21: Rom. 1:32

X. The New Birth is proof in itself that God is alive and well. Jn. 3:16; Rom. 10: 9,10;
Rom. 10:13; Rom. 8:1; 1 John 1:7-9; Rev. 3:20
A Changed life is the witness of the power of God. 2 Cor. 5:17.
Hell is proof of God’s existence, He made it. The heavens also.

The headings in bold type represent the argument from scientific viewpoint, at least at first (the first 5, as well as # 7 and 8). Many who do not believe the Bible will still listen to sound reason. Point number 9 is a strong argument for the intellectual. They know that the harder we fight against something the more likely we believe it, otherwise why bother?

They know that the harder we fight against something the more likely we believe it, otherwise why bother?

"Believe" not believe alone but added evidence of God's existence. You can't fight against something that doesn't exist. Example...the war on poverty, drugs, terrorism, ignorance, etc. That they are there, is fact, thus a war can be waged against them. So, the war against the existence of the God of my Bible, in and of itself, speaks to God's existence. If He were not there then why do the atheists spend so much effort to deny and attempt to refute His existence?

• Members

"Believe" not believe alone but added evidence of God's existence. You can't fight against something that doesn't exist. Example...the war on poverty, drugs, terrorism, ignorance, etc. That they are there, is fact, thus a war can be waged against them. So, the war against the existence of the God of my Bible, in and of itself, speaks to God's existence. If He were not there then why do the atheists spend so much effort to deny and attempt to refute His existence?

That is exactly the point was trying to make!

• Members

the Lord gave me this as a result of my sister's attempted suicide! She had overdosed on pills and wine, and I spent half the night witnessing to her. I held her hand in emergency, and witnessed as I had before, and the last words she said before she passed out were "I just can't accept that fundamental Jesus". She thought herself to be an intellectual, and did not consider the Bible as any different than the Koran or any other "wise" book. She kept saying "How do you know you're right and others are wrong?" Well, that got me thinking; she did not understand faith, so I needed something more geared to the brain than the heart (for the time being). I asked the Lord to bless her, and came up with this. The scriptures were added later for the fence straddlers. (By the way, she came out ok and lived, but is still unsaved as far as I know. She lives in Georgia, and I in Michigan, so I see very little of her any more.)

Edited by irishman

• Members

the Lord gave me this as a result of my sister's attempted suicide! She had overdosed on pills and wine, and I spent half the night witnessing to her. I held her hand in emergency, and witnessed as I had before, and the last words she said before she passed out were "I just can't accept that fundamental Jesus". She thought herself to be an intellectual, and did not consider the Bible as any different than the Koran or any other "wise" book. She kept saying "How do you know you're right and others are wrong?" Well, that got me thinking; she did not understand faith, so I needed something more geared to the brain than the heart (for the time being). I asked the Lord to bless her, and came up with this. The scriptures were added later for the fence straddlers. (By the way, she came out ok and lived, but is still unsaved as far as I know. She lives in Georgia, and I in Michigan, so I see very little of her any more.)

Are we not supposed to aim for the brain or intellect anyway? Doesn't the Bible actually teach that the brain is the heart, not in the since of the organ pumping blood?

• Members

Are we not supposed to aim for the brain or intellect anyway? Doesn't the Bible actually teach that the brain is the heart, not in the since of the organ pumping blood?

yeah, I like the phrase "It goes first into the head, and works its way into the heart". But I meant the "intellect" in my post.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.