• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beck Critizices Alabama Governor

• Members

Glenn Beck criticizes Alabama governor Robert Bentley's remarks on non-Christians

Press-Register (Alabama)
Jan. 24, 2011

When you are a Republican and even Glenn Beck is joining the chorus of liberal critics about something you have said, you know you’re in trouble.

Count the Fox News and radio talk meister among those upset by Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley’s inauguration day remarks that non-Christians are not his brothers.

Beck replayed Bentley’s comments for his nationally syndicated radio audience last week. Beck also played Bentley’s apology, in which he said he needed to choose his words more carefully.

Beck said the problem was with the sentiment, not the wording. A true messenger of Jesus Christ, he said, must consider every person a brother or sister.

"Even Luke Skywalker recognized that Darth Vader was his father," Beck said.

Later, he added, "Governor, you are sadly mistaken about your Christianity."

Beck did not go so far as to retroactively endorse defeated Democratic candidate Ron Sparks. But he did suggest it could be a deal-breaker if he could not convince Bentley that he was wrong.

"If I were in your state, I couldn’t vote for you," he said.

• Members

Glenn Beck criticizes Alabama governor Robert Bentley's remarks on non-Christians

Press-Register (Alabama)
Jan. 24, 2011

When you are a Republican and even Glenn Beck is joining the chorus of liberal critics about something you have said, you know you’re in trouble.

Count the Fox News and radio talk meister among those upset by Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley’s inauguration day remarks that non-Christians are not his brothers.

Beck replayed Bentley’s comments for his nationally syndicated radio audience last week. Beck also played Bentley’s apology, in which he said he needed to choose his words more carefully.

Beck said the problem was with the sentiment, not the wording. A true messenger of Jesus Christ, he said, must consider every person a brother or sister.

"Even Luke Skywalker recognized that Darth Vader was his father," Beck said.

Later, he added, "Governor, you are sadly mistaken about your Christianity."

Beck did not go so far as to retroactively endorse defeated Democratic candidate Ron Sparks. But he did suggest it could be a deal-breaker if he could not convince Bentley that he was wrong.

"If I were in your state, I couldn’t vote for you," he said.

I'm a fairly new Christian and an thinking maybe the Gov just picked his words poorly - do you think he was referring to them not being his brothers and sisters in Christ and just messed up in the delivery of the idea? I'll be interested in reading the responses you get to this posting. One other thought - at least Beck is putting his opinion out there according to what his understanding of being a Christian is. That's something I admire. It's difficult for me to do that very well in my own little corner of the world so far. . So is Beck right or wrong about the Gov?

• Members

He is trying to main stream his false religion again. Moronism is not Christian, But like most of those espousing lies, say it enough and it becomes truth (NOT).

True there are not enough of us with the truth speaking, the only way we will get the courage we need to witness is to ask the Holy Spirit to do it through us.

Phil. 4:13

• Members

He is trying to main stream his false religion again. Moronism is not Christian, But like most of those espousing lies, say it enough and it becomes truth (NOT).

True there are not enough of us with the truth speaking, the only way we will get the courage we need to witness is to ask the Holy Spirit to do it through us.

I didn't realize Beck is a Mormon. :o Hmmmm. That explains why some of the things he says don't make sense to me sometimes. This will make me weigh his words more carefully. I did enjoy the rally in DC last year. It was uplifting to hear the name of God spoken on the Mall. It made me realize how good a job the speech police are doing burning the word out of all public speech.

• Members

What the Alabama governor said was biblical truth. He made it clear that he was referring to his spiritual brothers/sisters and in the process even invited others to come to Christ and become his brothers/sisters.

Scripture is clear that if we are born again in Christ, all others who are also born again in Christ are our spiritual brothers/sisters because God has become our Father.

There is no "universal brotherhood of man" as Beck is trying to argue. That's not Bible.

Naturally Beck is upset because according to Scripture, Beck and Mormons are not the brother/sister of born again Christians. While Beck tries to portray Mormons as being Christians, his version of Christianity is one where virtually anyone who claims to be Christians should embrace and work together in this world. Beck and Mormonism reject the exclusive claims in the Bible which makes it clear that only those who accept Christ as presented in Scripture are true Christians and have God as their Father.

Why do I think that was not a type-o above...good one...ROFLOL.

• Members

Unfortunately, Beck is "sadly mistaken about Christianity". Even though I thought the Gov. should have used different wording, he did speak the truth. I think it's great what he said and I think it it's great that we now have 2 Born Again Gov. right near each other. Bobby Jindle is also a Born Again Christian.

• Members

Why do I think that was not a type-o above...good one...ROFLOL.

Kinda like their favorite "angel" Moroni. Yep, Yep, Yep. It would be funnier if it wasn't for the fact that their "religion" is condemning millions to Hell.

Want to confuse a Moron missionary, ask him, "What is you "gospel" based on?", after him sputters, show him 1 Cor. 15:1-4. Edited by Bro Jim

• Members

I'm a fairly new Christian and an thinking maybe the Gov just picked his words poorly - do you think he was referring to them not being his brothers and sisters in Christ and just messed up in the delivery of the idea? I'll be interested in reading the responses you get to this posting. One other thought - at least Beck is putting his opinion out there according to what his understanding of being a Christian is. That's something I admire. It's difficult for me to do that very well in my own little corner of the world so far. . So is Beck right or wrong about the Gov?

Anyone who will not state, I'm saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, is not my brother nor sister through Christ, in fact they are no saved, for one is only saved by grace through faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, its a gift.

Sad thing, did not this man apologize? Why apologize when one has spoken truth?

• Members

Anyone who will not state, I'm saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, is not my brother nor sister through Christ, in fact they are no saved, for one is only saved by grace through faith in Jesus, not of self, not of works, its a gift.

Sad thing, did not this man apologize? Why apologize when one has spoken truth?

Yes, it was so wonderful to hear a governor speak the Gospel so plainly in public. Especially given his audience, his comments were VERY appropriate and since they were 100% scriptural, they were God honouring. What he was speaking of was VERY obvious. The fact liberals attacked his speech should have came as no surprise and he should have been prepared to give a simple, scriptural defense and then to move on.

So very sad that this governor heeded the words of all those around him and issued and very poorly worded apology which actually made it sound as if he had something to apologize for when he absolutely didn't. While to a different degree, this somewhat reminds me of how boldly Peter spoke before Jesus was arrested and yet shortly afterwards he three times denied knowing Jesus.

• Members

Yes, it was so wonderful to hear a governor speak the Gospel so plainly in public. Especially given his audience, his comments were VERY appropriate and since they were 100% scriptural, they were God honouring. What he was speaking of was VERY obvious. The fact liberals attacked his speech should have came as no surprise and he should have been prepared to give a simple, scriptural defense and then to move on.

So very sad that this governor heeded the words of all those around him and issued and very poorly worded apology which actually made it sound as if he had something to apologize for when he absolutely didn't. While to a different degree, this somewhat reminds me of how boldly Peter spoke before Jesus was arrested and yet shortly afterwards he three times denied knowing Jesus.

:clapping: Your comment hit the nail on the head. The politically correct rules call for an apology from a Godly politician simply to appease the unGodly who don't want to hear anything that is not in line with their ideas. You are right -- why on earth should he apologize for speaking the truth? If someone from one of those invented religions made a similar comment no one would expect an apology because it may have offended a Christian. We are at the point where the "word killers" are strangling our conversations and our free speech. There are so many rules about what you can say and what you can't say that we are becoming like those at the Tower of Babel -- expressing ourselves is becoming impossible.