• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christening Without Christianity

• Members

I don't see anything vague about their website. We take communion every week. We believe that as often as we do so, we proclaim the death, burrial and ressurection of Christ. We value historical tradition of the church, and respect our forefathers in faith, and maintain a sense of connection through liturgy and participatory worship. We value being led by the Holy Spirit and following his direction for our lives and for our church, so that is where the charismatic comes in. We are unashamedly evangelical because it is our mission to carry the love and message of Christ into the world. We are traditional because we value great hisotrial tradition such as hymns of the faith, greath theologians, etc. our philosophy on communion is that if you are a believer and follower of Christ and have been baptized, you may take communion and share in the proclamation of his death, burial and ressurection.

Why still anglican? Because the founders of the church were anglican and valued the Anglican tradition, and were sad to see the direction fo the Episcopal church. They want to reform the chruch as a whole where needed, while maintaining what is good about their faith tradition.

I don't want to get into an extensive debate over the church I attend. I posted the link because someone was interested in viewing it. I attend this church because it is where God has led me to attend and serve in this season of my life. I attend because I find deep, authentic meaningul ways to serve and worship God, and for the deep sense of community that I have with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I have no problems with it being Anglican or having some liturgical worship. I find it very meaningul.

Kindofblue, your church sounds wonderful. Keep going there and growing in your faith and do not pay any mind to people who seek to tear you down.

A little about why I just popped up - I used to post here but I stopped due to attacks like this. I am Episcopalian. I also love Jesus with all my heart and believe in helping my fellow man as he taught us. You aren't going to convince anyone on here that your church is "right" in their eyes. Fortunately, no one's eyes on earth matter. Remember that and keep doing what you're doing.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

• Members

Kindofblue, your church sounds wonderful. Keep going there and growing in your faith and do not pay any mind to people who seek to tear you down.

A little about why I just popped up - I used to post here but I stopped due to attacks like this. I am Episcopalian. I also love Jesus with all my heart and believe in helping my fellow man as he taught us. You aren't going to convince anyone on here that your church is "right" in their eyes. Fortunately, no one's eyes on earth matter. Remember that and keep doing what you're doing.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

KOB has already posted his church rejected the Episcopal Church because they had turned from following God.

In any event, what you say here sounds much like what many said against Jeremiah, Amos, Paul and others.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

Many have posted here on OB the wicked and unbiblical ways within the Episcopal and Anglican churches of which Scripture commands Christians to have no part in, to separate from and to reprove. Those who reject this command from God are not being attacked by those who point these things out, rather those who reject the Word of God in this are are attacking God's soveriegnty.

• Members

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken." Jeremiah 6:16-17 :bible:

• Members

And also with you.

Now I take my leave for a bit. I have concluded it is not profitable or good for me to continue this debate.

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken." Jeremiah 6:16-17

• Members

And also with you.

Now I take my leave for a bit. I have concluded it is not profitable or good for me to continue this debate.

Your doctrine does not match up with IFB doctrine. I wouldn't stay too long in a place that I have a lot of disagreement with either.