• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Name for IFBs

trc123

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Christian is also my prOBlem. I don't want to be called a christian because I know many who call themselves christian and i would never listen to, watch, wear, or go whre they do and i do not want others to lump me with them. I am a Biblisist.

Well, and herein is the issue. Christian is a proper biblical term, why would you cease from using that? Just because someone else who doesn't act like a Christian uses the term? Saint is a proper term, but the Catholics have soiled it; Fundamentalist is a good term, but now everything evil under the sun is called fundamentalist. Time and again, we run from proper terminology to describe ourselve, because someone says "Boo".

So the big question is, When will we cease letting the world and the wicked define us? When will we stop running and stand our ground and take back what is ours? The wicked took the rainbow, first by the new agers, then the gays; the satanists took the goat, which is described as one of the holy animals of God; They misuse proper words and terms and twist them, and we run to something else. When will we stop running? Yes, our faith is a race, but it doesn't mean to run from the battles. I say, its time we took back what is ours by the hand of God, and stop letting the world tell us what we can and can't be.

That'll preach, brethren!

• Moderators

"Fundamentalist", "Missionary", "Sunday School" are good terms but not "Biblical" (not saying they are improper for a Christian) and therefore dispensable. "Christian", "Disciple", "Aged", "Holy Ghost", "Saint" are terms used in Scripture and should not be shied from.

"Fundamental" describes what kind of Christian you are, "Christian" defines who you belong to.

You can refuse to be called a "Fundamentalist" as a label without changing what you believe and without denying the Lord. You cannot refuse to be called Christian as a label without denying the Christ even though you don't change what you believe because you are denying the ownership.

• Members

"Fundamentalist", "Missionary", "Sunday School" are good terms but not "Biblical" (not saying they are improper for a Christian) and therefore dispensable. "Christian", "Disciple", "Aged", "Holy Ghost", "Saint" are terms used in Scripture and should not be shied from.

"Fundamental" describes what kind of Christian you are, "Christian" defines who you belong to.

You can refuse to be called a "Fundamentalist" as a label without changing what you believe and without denying the Lord. You cannot refuse to be called Christian as a label without denying the Christ even though you don't change what you believe because you are denying the ownership.

:goodpost:  Nailed it, really.

• Moderators

Oh joy, just found out Westboro is coming to our town this month to boycott a Charismatic church here.

And just last month I was telling a preacher that it's been a long quiet spell.

:Bolt: 

Wow, um.... good luck? 

Now I'm curious - what did that particular charismatic church do to get itself singled out in such a way?

• Moderators

:Bolt: 

Wow, um.... good luck? 

Now I'm curious - what did that particular charismatic church do to get itself singled out in such a way?

Pandering to homosexuals (supporting their desire to "marry") and having 3 female "pastors"

• Moderators

Does Westboro describe themselves as "IFB"? if so, why do they think its their place to go to other churches and demand they do things their way? I guess they've missed the fact that it isn't any of their business, that if they want to deal with them as brethren, they should do it biblically, privately initially, then, if necessary, to do it publicly, but respectfully. And if they don't consider them brethren, they should just be seeking to give them the gospel, because trying to get the lost to live according to the word of God is like trying to get a fish to live in a tree-they are not the right kind of creature yet.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Pro 12:11
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.

If people could just "till their land"(Trust in Jesus, use the brains God gave them, and cultivate their own hearts and minds), eat the bread(study the Word of God for themselves and hide the Word in their hearts), there wouldn't be any Koolaid drinkers(void of understanding) following vain persons (false-teaching cult leaders).

Psa 118:8
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Jer 17:5
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Archived