• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pre- Christ justification?

• Members

Here's a starting point...
Psalms 143:2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

I read the scripture above during today's devotions and wondered what others may have settled on. I took the framework for this from Evans...

It is a change in a man's relation or standing before God. It has to do with relations that have been disturbed by sin, and these relations are personal. It is a change from guilt and condemnation to acquittal and acceptance. Regeneration has to do with the change of the believer's nature; Justification, with the change of his standing before God. Regeneration is subjective; Justification is OBjective. The former has to do with man's state; the latter, with his standing.
William Evans

...so what was the the source of justification before Christ's birth, death, ressurection?

Ed. for clarification. Edited by 1Tim115

• Members

Here's a starting point...
Psalms 143:2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

I read the scripture above during today's devotions and wondered what others may have settled on. I took the framework for this from Evans...

William Evans

...so what was the the source of justification before Christ?

When was there ever a time "before Christ?"

Abraham saw my day .....

• Members

Paul in Romans 4 argues that Abraham was justified by faith. The OT saints may not have fully understood the Gospel as it is preached in the Lord Jesus Christ, but the believed God. The catalogue in Heb. 11 makes that very clear. The mysteries are now fully revealed, & we know the redeeming work of Jesus is the basis for the everlasting covenant by which the OT saints were saved.