• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Big Days

• Members

I am seeking for ideas, and suggestions for Big Days, and on how to implement them. I have a copy of, "Big Ideas for a Better Sunday School". Are there any of these that some of you have used with success and is there any thing you would change to make them work better? th_tiphat.gif

• Members

I don't really like "Big Days" but maybe its a personal thing...I do not like gimmicks to get people into church. But eh its just me! We do have revival services and such like...

Anyway my favorite thing was in another church we were at...it costs money so we haven't been able to do it here yet....but we made up hanging bags of church information and a preaching tape and other misc and did a "blitz" on the local neighborhoods, passing out I guess about 5,000 of them, just hanging them on doors. I thought that was amazing, and a good way to get the whole church involved because you don't really have to talk or give the plan of salvation, just hang stuff on doors.

I wish we had the finances to put together something like that here, but maybe someday! I think giving out tapes or CDs like that is an excellent way to get the Word of God out to the community, and the "blitzing" is an excellent way to get the church folks involved with outreach.

• Members

I don't really like "Big Days" but maybe its a personal thing...I do not like gimmicks to get people into church. But eh its just me! We do have revival services and such like...

Anyway my favorite thing was in another church we were at...it costs money so we haven't been able to do it here yet....but we made up hanging bags of church information and a preaching tape and other misc and did a "blitz" on the local neighborhoods, passing out I guess about 5,000 of them, just hanging them on doors. I thought that was amazing, and a good way to get the whole church involved because you don't really have to talk or give the plan of salvation, just hang stuff on doors.

I wish we had the finances to put together something like that here, but maybe someday! I think giving out tapes or CDs like that is an excellent way to get the Word of God out to the community, and the "blitzing" is an excellent way to get the church folks involved with outreach.

We are going to do a 10,000 tracts this coming year. That works out to about 200 a week, depending on how many are in the church, that starts making in look easier to do.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

We do this in the months that have 5 sundays...on that fifth Sunday we have a potluck and an early afternoon service. My family use this as a time to visit area churches that we like to fellowship with. All the churches are aware of this and think its great when we come to visit them.